2 2
billvon

baskets of deplorables

14 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The right needs an enemy. Antifa (funded by Soros) is perfect. Expect the idiots among them to blame everything on Antifa.

I saw this last week on Twitter during the first spike in protests. Conservative accounts blamed every single destructive act on Antifa, without any evidence or further reasoning. Just apply label, done.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

I saw this last week on Twitter during the first spike in protests. Conservative accounts blamed every single destructive act on Antifa, without any evidence or further reasoning. Just apply label, done.

Next week the label will be Bill Gates, then Soros, then HRC and back to ANTIFA. Who knows since this story originated with Kristian Rouz from OANN. trump's preferred news network.

"Rouz didn’t just come out of nowhere with viral megahits. He’s been practicing in a well known conspiratorial training ground: Russian propaganda state media. As of 2019, The Daily Beast pointed out that Rouz has been working simultaneously for both OAN and for the Russian state media outlet, Sputnik."...

Rouz went viral last month in the midst of the coronavirus crisis after Media Matters’ Matt Gertz happened to see a segment he created claiming “mounting evidence of a globalist conspiracy” by the Clintons, Soros, Bill Gates, Dr. Anthony Fauci, and the Chinese government, citing a comically high amount of unnamed “reports.” (To be 100 percent clear, no reports indicate this.)"

Edited by Phil1111

56 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The right needs an enemy. Antifa (funded by Soros) is perfect. Expect the idiots among them to blame everything on Antifa.

Yep.  That 75 year old guy that the cops put in the hospital?  Trump is blaming that on Antifa too.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:41 AM, yobnoc said:

Careful - Bigun might call you a bully and imply you're racist because...reasons.

Ummmm. No. Because Tony is talking directly to Turtlespeed. Not about him to the room like you are doing. Again. Nor, did I imply you were a racist. I [specifically] said that you were acting like the cops with their bullying attitude. One of the primary factors in cyber-bullying is talking about someone in the room without their knowledge. No different than talking about someone behind their back trying to garner favor with the rest of the room to elevate their own status.

If you have an issue with someone - talk directly to them. Not about them.       

(edited)

Some of trump's "good people" were filmed in NJ at a counter protest. They suggested that "all lives matter", especially white ones.

A large US flag and sign "tRUMP" was on prominent display. "One of the men yelled at the marchers angrily while kneeling on the neck of another who was facedown on the ground — an apparent attempt to mock the killing of Mr. Floyd, ..

On Tuesday, the state’s Department of Corrections said it had suspended one of its employees after confirming that he was among the group that taunted and tried to upset the protesters. One man in the group can be seen on video filming the protesters.

“We have been made aware that one of our officers from Bayside State Prison participated in the filming of a hateful and disappointing video that mocked the killing of George Floyd,” the Corrections Department said in a statement that also pledged “a thorough and expedited investigation.”

Racists in charge of rehabilitating prisoners. No wonder it was prison guards that Barr found to guard the Washington landmarks.

trump smiled when he heard of his supporters.

Edited by Phil1111

17 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I am always impressed by how self-professed 'tough guys' do not seem so tough when they are apprehended.

They live in constant fear that others will give them the same medicine they would give others.  I thought the bit of cinema that caught this concept the best was in The Green Mile when they put Percy in the solitary room, he thought they were going to put him in with Wild Bill because that's what he would do.

(edited)
8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Ummmm. No. Because Tony is talking directly to Turtlespeed. Not about him to the room like you are doing. Again. Nor, did I imply you were a racist. I [specifically] said that you were acting like the cops with their bullying attitude.

Buuuuuullshit. You specifically said "glad he's not black and you're not a cop". That is absolutely an implication of racism. At least be man enough to own up to what you said and not try to weasel out of it.

One of the primary factors in cyber-bullying is talking about someone in the room without their knowledge.

How is that in an way relevant in this case. Yobnoc's comment was on the public board. Turtle could read it just as easily as everyone else.

Come on man, if the only way you can defend your comment is by inventing an imaginary context for it then you might need to start realising that you were wrong and a bully to say what you did.

Edited by jakee

55 minutes ago, jakee said:

said "glad he's not black and you're not a cop"

Referring to the attitude of bullyism.

55 minutes ago, jakee said:

Yobnoc's comment was on the public board. Turtle could read it just as easily as everyone else.

Not if he didn't happen upon it like I did with the above post. It's not a made up context. Go do some reading on bullyism.

Look, Jakee it's in your nature to develop a circular argument and keep it going forever. Yobnoc is not going to apologize to Turtle and I'm not going to apologize to him. So, let's move on. If he wants to speak with me about it - he's welcome to PM me and we can talk man-to-man about it.  

14 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Referring to the attitude of bullyism.

And while doing that you made the decision to specifically mention bullying black people. Cops don't bully black people just because they're bullies, it is racism. What you wrote does imply racism on his part. It would be perfectly reasonable to say it was a mistake and you didn't mean it like that, but don't try and gaslight people into thinking the implication isn't there.

Look, Jakee it's in your nature to develop a circular argument and keep it going forever. 

What part of my argument here is circular?  On the contrary, it's quite direct.

9 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Some of trump's "good people" were filmed in NJ at a counter protest. They suggested that "all lives matter", especially white ones.

A large US flag and sign "tRUMP" was on prominent display. "One of the men yelled at the marchers angrily while kneeling on the neck of another who was facedown on the ground — an apparent attempt to mock the killing of Mr. Floyd, ..

On Tuesday, the state’s Department of Corrections said it had suspended one of its employees after confirming that he was among the group that taunted and tried to upset the protesters. One man in the group can be seen on video filming the protesters.

“We have been made aware that one of our officers from Bayside State Prison participated in the filming of a hateful and disappointing video that mocked the killing of George Floyd,” the Corrections Department said in a statement that also pledged “a thorough and expedited investigation.”

Racists in charge of rehabilitating prisoners. No wonder it was prison guards that Barr found to guard the Washington landmarks.

trump smiled when he heard of his supporters.

This whole issue has flushed a few of my relatives out of the shadows. My dad has had 5 failed marriages. One was to a black woman. His sister posted on Facebook last night “You were married to a black how did that work out?” Actually no different to the 4 white ones, my dad cheated, then they cleaned him out financially.

Slightly more complex one is my sister. She is well into the blacks are also racist and “All lives matter”. Very very vocal and any post about an injustice to a black she will post a counter with black on white...

Just now, Phil1111 said:

Evidently the deplorables are planning a big new meet in Oklahoma next week. Reports suggest that trump is really pissed that a black man has bigger rallies than he has. That George Floyd could become more popular that trump himself.

That would explain their choice of locations and date.

He's doubling down on his racism.

19 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Ummmm. No. Because Tony is talking directly to Turtlespeed. Not about him to the room like you are doing. Again. Nor, did I imply you were a racist. I [specifically] said that you were acting like the cops with their bullying attitude. One of the primary factors in cyber-bullying is talking about someone in the room without their knowledge. No different than talking about someone behind their back trying to garner favor with the rest of the room to elevate their own status.

If you have an issue with someone - talk directly to them. Not about them.       

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to call out everyone on here who says something about Ron without directing their comments at him.  After all, you seem intently laser-focused on me.  Almost like...I dunno...a bully?

11 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Add one more to the on-going list:  'Republican leaders condemn GOP candidate who made racist videos'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/17/house-republicans-condemn-gop-candidate-racist-videos-325579

You just have to wonder, where do they come from?

Jerry Baumchen

They come from very close to where Ron lives.  Next district over.

US soldier gives info about unit, location, movements, security and other stuff to a white supremacist outfit in London, who then passed that on to Jihadists.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/crime/louisville-soldier-indicted-in-plot-to-carry-out-deadly-ambush-of-army-unit/417-4b80905f-7e48-4f6f-ac22-7c5c925dd210

This is from a week or so ago.

Three cops in North Carolina had conversations after one accidently turned on the dashcam.
A routine audit of those tapes found some conversation that was rather disturbing.

Including the cops looking forward to killing Black people during a coming 'Civil War'.

They got fired.

Prosecutors are reviewing the cases these officers brought.

They've already thrown out pending cases, because they don't want to have to put these former officers on the stand.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/25/883358818/wilmington-n-c-police-fires-three-officers-over-racist-comments-caught-on-tape

It appears as if Germany if fighting far right radicals as well as the US. Neo-Nazi supporters have infested its military. "Cases of far-right extremists in the military and the police, some hoarding weapons and explosives, have multiplied alarmingly. ...

The problem has deepened with the emergence of the Alternative for Germany party, or AfD, which legitimized a far-right ideology that used the arrival of more than a million migrants in 2015 — and more recently the coronavirus pandemic — to engender a sense of impending crisis....

Thomas Haldenwang, president of Germany’s domestic intelligence agency, has identified far-right extremism and terrorism as the “biggest danger to German democracy today.”

So America isn't alone. At least Germany has leadership instead of enablers of fascism.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

White Massachusetts man, 65, who tailed a black woman in his BMW convertible for two miles because she made him feel 'unsafe' in his neighborhood faces disorderly conduct charges

That doesn't seem fair, he's clearly sooooo progressive and not at all racist!

"Santos challenged the man, asking if he followed her because she's black.  

'I don’t know what color you are… what color are you?' the white man replied. "xD