2 2
billvon

baskets of deplorables

9 hours ago, ryoder said:

Meh, it's just a Democratic Hoax.

And even if it was real, it's no worse than the flu.

And even if it was worse than the flu, hydroxychloroquine could cure it.

I just heard Joey Ramone (lead singer of the Ramones) reporting on the death of Dave Greenfield, keyboardist for the Stranglers.  He died of COVID-19.  After he reported on it, he commented (paraphrasing here) - 

"This is why it's so important to wear a mask, to stay home when you can, to social distance.  Because it's not a joke people, it's not a hoax, it's not like the flu.  It's killing people and you gotta take it seriously."

We live in an age where an aging singer from the Ramones is a voice of reason, and the President of the United States is asking doctors if it's a good idea to inject disinfectants.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

"This is why it's so important to wear a mask, to stay home when you can, to social distance.  Because it's not a joke people, it's not a hoax, it's not like the flu.  It's killing people and you gotta take it seriously."

Hi Bill,

This was sent to me yesterday.

Jerry Baumchen

Seniors.jpg

5 hours ago, billvon said:

The first thing to note is that I can't imagine having someone on call to bring me anything I wanted - and not even know the guy.  You'd have to be an enormous dick to demand things of someone and never look at them when they deliver them.

The second thing is that Trump is saying he had no close personal contact with him.  This is the guy who gets him his diet Cokes and fries.

I'm not sure about this - the quote I saw said "I know who he is, good guy" but he didn't have much close contact.

WaPo also has a quote from a staffer "“The president sees it as a sign of weakness to wear masks and so people just haven’t been doing it,” one current employee responded, according to a person familiar with that conversation." Who'da thunk it. The example set by the president matters.

9 hours ago, billvon said:

We live in an age where an aging singer from the Ramones is a voice of reason, and the President of the United States is asking doctors if it's a good idea to inject disinfectants.

How about the Insane Clown Posse?

They cancelled the "Gathering of the Juggalos".

...ICP said they didn't want to risk any Juggalo lives, but the festival would return in 2021! "[T]he bottom line is simply that we REFUSE to risk even ONE Juggalo life by hosting a Gathering during these troubling times,"...

To make it clear, the Insane Clown Posse is being more responsible, and cares more about the people than the President of the United States.

https://www.newsweek.com/insane-clown-posse-icp-gathering-juggalos-2020-canceled-coronavirus-1499837

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How about the Insane Clown Posse?

They cancelled the "Gathering of the Juggalos".

...ICP said they didn't want to risk any Juggalo lives, but the festival would return in 2021! "[T]he bottom line is simply that we REFUSE to risk even ONE Juggalo life by hosting a Gathering during these troubling times,"...

To make it clear, the Insane Clown Posse is being more responsible, and cares more about the people than the President of the United States.

https://www.newsweek.com/insane-clown-posse-icp-gathering-juggalos-2020-canceled-coronavirus-1499837

Probably will be a decrease in VD transmission because of this too.

3 hours ago, DJL said:

Probably will be a decrease in VD transmission because of this too.

Oh yes. As the Newsweek article notes, Jugallos aren't known for their 'healthy behavior.'

Likely a decrease in amputated pinkie fingers too.

This incident happend a few years back, about 30 miles from me:

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2016/09/06/suamico-man-cut-off-womans-finger-machete/89924554/

On 8/19/2017 at 9:21 AM, billvon said:

Trump's "basket of deplorables 

Hi Bill,

And the most deplorable of them all, Our National Idiot, flushes those that have supported him all the way:

'Trump called Sessions a “disaster” as the nation’s top law enforcement officer and said Sessions visited Trump “four times just begging me to be attorney general.” 

'“I never begged for the job of attorney general, not four times, not one time, not ever. The president offered me the job, I took it, I stood up for the truth and performed at the highest levels,” Sessions said in a statement.'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/08/sessions-grapples-with-new-round-of-trump-attack-s-244991

Jerry Baumchen

On 5/8/2020 at 8:41 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

And the most deplorable of them all, Our National Idiot, flushes those that have supported him all the way:

'Trump called Sessions a “disaster” as the nation’s top law enforcement officer and said Sessions visited Trump “four times just begging me to be attorney general.” 

'“I never begged for the job of attorney general, not four times, not one time, not ever. The president offered me the job, I took it, I stood up for the truth and performed at the highest levels,” Sessions said in a statement.'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/08/sessions-grapples-with-new-round-of-trump-attack-s-244991

Jerry Baumchen

It is astounding to me that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions now appears to have been an honourable AG compared to the current office holder.

• Like 1

Just now, gowlerk said:

It is astounding to me that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions now appears to have been an honourable AG compared to the current office holder.

I think the author of that piece got a little carried away. But you have accurately summarized how trump is able to surround himself with greater and higher sycophants.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Police working to identify man who wore KKK mask into Dillon grocery store

https://kdvr.com/news/local/police-working-to-identify-man-who-wore-kkk-mask-into-dillon-grocery-store/

This is in Summit County in the center of CO's ski country.

“He was walking around and just very obviously looking for attention,” 

So why bother indulging him by looking for him and trying to get him identified?

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

“He was walking around and just very obviously looking for attention,” 

So why bother indulging him by looking for him and trying to get him identified?

America, fuck yeah! Jogging while black will get you killed, wearing a KKK mask around town: Oh, don't mind him he is just looking for attention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Obamagate subpoenas to be voted on by Senate Republicans

Keep in mind the precedence the Republicans have established. Hopefully all subpoenas will be responded to in similar fashion.

No you take a lesson from trump's playbook. Double down and then double down again. DJL sort of had me persuaded that with a change of government there should be an end to "investigations" into wrongdoing. Its more than trump its the whole GOP.

Its more than inspector generals, more than Barr, its a swamp that needs a neutron bomb.

Get back to work, get the economy moving, its my constitutional right to work.

A hair stylist in Missouri worked for eight days at a salon while sick with the coronavirus, health officials said, potentially exposing 84 clients and seven co-workers.

Re-elect trump, yeah GOP, and go to church on Sundays.

Instead of bailing out Boeing, the airlines, etc. the focus should be protect low wage workers that would be forced in such foolish dangerous positions. The stupidity of the stylist aside.

Hi folks,

Maybe we should add Zuckerberg to this list:  

'Facebook staff, who previously would only grumble anonymously about the company's practices, have put their names to statements deploring Mr Zuckerberg's failure to act.

This morning, nearly three dozen former employees, including some who had helped write the original guidelines on what can and cannot be posted, published an open letter accusing Mr Zuckerberg of a "betrayal" of Facebook's ideals.

Last week, it felt as though Twitter might be putting its future in danger by taking on the president.

This week, it feels as though Mr Zuckerberg's failure to act might leave him facing an even bigger crisis than the Cambridge Analytica scandal.'

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52923022

Jerry Baumchen

The revolving door of GOP deplorable conduct continues. King is gone but a new one arises.

‘George Floyd — a staged event,’ says Bexar County GOP chair Cynthia Brehm

“I think there is at the very least the 'possibility' that this was a filmed public execution of a black man by a white cop, with the purpose of creating racial tensions and driving a wedge in the growing group of anti-deep state sentiment from common people, that have already been psychologically traumatized by COVID-19 fears,” Brehm wrote on Facebook

Its like a plague of vermin. You stamp one out and another appears.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Phoenix 'Karen' Slapped Across the Face ...  After Racist Rant

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/07/phoenix-arizona-karen-slapped-gas-station-racist-rant/

It's funny seeing a white person tell anyone of Latin descent that they're in the wrong country.  Sorry to say but they were crisscrossing this continent thousands of years before Europeans.

1 hour ago, DJL said:

It's funny seeing a white person tell anyone of Latin descent that they're in the wrong country.  Sorry to say but they were crisscrossing this continent thousands of years before Europeans.

They didn't lay claim and own it.

. . . and if they did, then they didn't defend it well enough.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

They didn't lay claim and own it.

. . . and if they did, then they didn't defend it well enough.

Enjoy the 3 pages of discussion you're about to have regarding what defines genocide.

• Like 1