2 2
billvon

baskets of deplorables

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You didn't include the entire quote.

But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that . . . we’ve lost nobody, and you wonder, the press is in hysteria mode.“

Nor did you.

"Healthy people -- if you're healthy -- you will probably go through a process and you'll be fine."

So it's a hoax.  Because if you're healthy, you'll go through some process and you'll be fine.  (Except, you know, the 14 people who died, because reasons.)

6 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You didn't include the entire quote.

But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that . . . we’ve lost nobody, and you wonder, the press is in hysteria mode.“

But how does that change anything? This paragraph is just as foolish and premature as the first one.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I understand that you don't think the press is in hysteria mode.

How foolish. I don't think coronavirus is a democratic hoax to harm Trump, just as I don't think Trump somehow 'went early' and stopped it hurting anyone in the USA.

BTW, have you found where that Councilwoman vowed to infect anyone yet? Can't think what is taking you so long.

Edited by jakee

45 minutes ago, jakee said:

How foolish. I don't think coronavirus is a democratic hoax to harm Trump, just as I don't think Trump somehow 'went early' and stopped it hurting anyone in the USA.

Trump can't do a single press conference without bungling the information or it being blatantly obvious that the only reason he knows the content is because his speechwriters put it in his press briefing and they had to make sure he at least read it once before he got on stage.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

BTW, have you found where that Councilwoman vowed to infect anyone yet? Can't think what is taking you so long.

I stand corrected.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Would you agree that she inferred that she would?

Perhaps by attending MAGA rallies while she is infected?

I believe the quote started with, "For the record . . ."

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No.  She liked a post where someone ELSE said they would.  Definitely a stupid thing to do.  Not the same as saying (or implying) she would do it.

(edited)
4 hours ago, billvon said:

The press is in hysteria mode.  And Trump did claim that Coronavirus is a Democratic hoax. 

"Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

And If he thinks it a hoax, then pretty odd he signed an $8 billion dollar bill to contain the virus.

30 minutes ago, billvon said:
39 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No.  She liked a post where someone ELSE said they would.  Definitely a stupid thing to do.  Not the same as saying she would do it.

Tho I agree she was being sarcastic and that the headline was a bit misleading, she responded with #solidarity.  Do you people know what solidarity means?  I wonder if any of her followers believe in solidarity, yet may not be as sarcastic?

Edited by Coreece

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yo Turtle - one difference between us is that I am willing to teach you what words mean. A writer/speaker implies, a reader/listener infers.

If you inferred that she would attend a MAGA rally while infected then you are mistaken, she said nothing that would imply that. 

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes, the thing that another person said started with “For the record...” And she replied to laugh at it. You can tell because of all the little faces that look like they’re laughing.

Funny how that sense of humour you’re so proud of disappears into the wind when you see a chance to attack a female democratic politician. 

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Infer <> imply.  (or != if you prefer).

23 hours ago, Coreece said:

And If he thinks it a hoax, then pretty odd he signed an $8 billion dollar bill to contain the virus.

Did you just argue that he would never reverse himself like that because it wouldn't make sense?  This is a guy who thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax and thought that vaccines cause autism.

Matt Gaetz decides he needs what he is trying to prevent people from having.

=============================================

REP. MATT GAETZ, R-Fla., decided to self-quarantine this week after coming in contact with an individual who tested positive for a novel coronavirus, which causes the disease Covid-19, at the Conservative Political Action Conference late last month.

But Gaetz’s decision to take time away from his job at Congress without the fear of losing pay or being fired is a right few Americans share. In fact, Gaetz voted to prohibit Florida residents from sharing that right.

Gaetz’s office did not respond to a request for comment. The lawmaker has since tested negative for the SARS-CoV-2 virus but is continuing to self-quarantine “in an abundance of caution.” Members of Congress get paid a salary of $174,000 or more no matter what. They do not have to vote or be present in D.C., and Gaetz has missed votes all week. . . .

In 2013, then-Gov. Rick Scott signed Gaetz-backed preemption legislation that barred every city and county in Florida from enacting paid sick leave legislation. Disney World, Darden Restaurants, and the Florida Chamber of Commerce promoted the Florida preemption effort.

============================================

Deplorable Duncan Hunter will now spend almost a year in the slammer for his crimes, after his attempt to throw his wife under the bus for his crimes failed.    The judge had this to say about his behavior:

"Unfortunately, in our country, too many people have come to embrace the notion that the individuals who write the laws feel they’re above the laws.  Duncan Hunter came to embody the very notion that politicians thought they were above the law.”

Some deplorables are going to be a little more nervous after a statement like that.

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Think Trump will pay it for him in sympathy for how he's misunderstood?

Wendy P.

49 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Think Trump will pay it for him in sympathy for how he's misunderstood?

Wendy P.

Sounds like we have a new Presidential Medal of Freedom candidate.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

#1 is an interpretation that I disagree with.  However, they are making 'good press' with it.

Jerry Baumchen

I suppose it depends on which media outlets you follow.  The Daily Mail and the NYT are polar opposites, for example.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:25 AM, ryoder said:

Poor guy. :(

Google Boots InfoWars App Off Play Store Over Bogus Coronavirus Claims

https://gizmodo.com/google-boots-infowars-app-off-play-store-over-bogus-cor-1842537116