normiss

Nazi's are back!

I've been involved with affirmative action documentation and actions. It's not a law that you can't hire whom you think is best (otherwise the manager who preferred aggies wouldn't have such a preponderance of them), but if there was a qualified minority and I chose not to promote them, I'd write up internal documentation about my decision.
"Cultural fit" can be code for "like me, or someone I'd hang out with. If one has no cross-cultural socialization experience, that easily translates into not hiring the minority. If you only go looking at your own college, you're necessarily eliminating a lot of potentially qualified candidates. And if you expect the minority to be better in every way than the guy you'd hang out with, that's also indicative.
Kind of like the people who see that there's a single successful black person and says that means prejudice is over.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

billvon

>Those are Law Abiding racists and bigots.
>They don't want to kill the cops. They want to oppress black people.

If there's one picture that sums up how cops SHOULD behave it's this one.

(Kudos to the cop in that picture; he's a testament to tolerance, professionalism and restraint, things we could definitely use more of.)

Yep. Kinda funny that the St Louis area cops couldn't have learned this lesson a few years ago.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

(Kudos to the cop in that picture; he's a testament to tolerance, professionalism and restraint, things we could definitely use more of.)

That photo was apparently from an earlier event: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article166999697.html

I'd love to hear what his thoughts were at the time.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am not disputing the fact that blacks have been killed for being black. Nevertheless, an awful lot of police shootings of blacks would have followed the same script if the subject was Vietnamese, Australian, Arapaho or Norwegian.

You are once again missing the point.

There is significant evidence to suggest that cops tend to target certain minorities significantly more.

Let's give you two scenarios and see if you can spot the difference.

Person A performs a rolling stop at a stop sign and gets pulled over by the police who happened to be sitting at that intersection.

Person B is followed by the police for 20 minutes and gets pulled over for supposedly not coming to a complete stop.

The response to that is not: well everybody who performs a rolling stop in front of a cop gets pulled over. Person B has nothing to complain about.

ryoder

***>Those are Law Abiding racists and bigots.

That photo was apparently from an earlier event: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article166999697.html

I'd love to hear what his thoughts were at the time.

I have that ability.

" mmm and I have to protect these idiots, clowns and dimwits. When is this day going to end.....I wonder If its worth while to shoot a couple of them, I feel threatened.....Nah they are not worth the 14 rounds in my Glock...I wonder whats for supper."

Bullshit.

You may feel that way. But the fact is that black people fear the police for reasons that white people don't. There would be no BLM if that were not true.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

An intelligence briefing memo to Trump started this way:

===================
White Supremacist Extremism Poses Persistent Threat of Lethal Violence

We assess lone actors and small cells within the White Supremacist Extremist (WSE) movement likely will continue to pose a threat of lethal violence over the next year.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3924852-White-Supremacist-Extremism-JIB.html
===================

So of course:

===================
WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-extremists-program-exclusiv-idUSKBN15G5VO
=====================

And so far - no change in their plans.

winsor

*** I still say you are missing the central point. BLM is not asking for black people to get special treatment. They are saying they're tired of the " special treatment " they have been receiving. What they are asking for is to be treated the same as white people are.

Bullshit.

If BLM focused on cases where innocents were killed where anyone but a black person would get a pass, I'd buy it. The fact that they show up for cases where ANYONE should expect to be shot if they behaved similarly belies that contention.

If you think that an enraged NfL type charging headfirst at a cop would get the response of '"oh, he's white - no problem" you're kidding yourself. There are plenty of ways to commit suicide by cop, and that's on the short list.

I am not disputing the fact that blacks have been killed for being black. Nevertheless, an awful lot of police shootings of blacks would have followed the same script if the subject was Vietnamese, Australian, Arapaho or Norwegian.

I have been in the sights of trigger happy cops (sleeping on the wing of my airplane, for example), and would likely have been shot repeatedly if I had not played 'Simon Says' effectively, and I'm pretty sure I'm not black. Footage of someone in a similar position who insisted on moving quickly or reaching into a bag without permission elicits little sympathy.

It doesn't matter that you're not doing anything wrong. The cop can't afford to see what you're digging for, and he/she calls the shots in that situation.

Again, BLM had the choice of going for equal treatment or playing the race card. They went the racist route.

BSBD,

Winsor

Well, there's a bit of a problem with the idea that BLM should only focus on cases where the cops shot an innocent black man, and not protest when the actions of the "shot guy" were enough to justify the shooting.

If you take the cops word for it, all of the shootings are justified.

Take the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago. Kid gets shot. On video. Cops on scene say it was legit. Reports filed say it was legit. Supervisory personnel say it was legit. Review board say it was legit. Video can't be released because of "ongoing investigation." Whispers from inside the department say that the video shows that shooting was not legit. Lawsuit to have video released. Day before video gets released, cop gets charged. Video gets released, shows that the cop basically executed the kid.

The Walter Scott shooting was similar in the original response from the cops. If the video from the citizen hadn't been taken and released, the shoot probably would have gone down as legit.

The Michael Brown shooting had all the same elements. The department had a reputation for racism (show to be accurate by later investigation). The story of the shooting was full of lies and kept changing (lies after lies for a while - remember the 'fractured orbital bone'?). The investigation did end up finding that the shooting of MB was legit. As you say, you attack a cop while outweighing him by a significant amount, expect to get shot.

But the way the department handled the whole situation was deplorable. And the investigation showed that.

So for BLM to "focus on cases where innocents were killed" is basically ignoring the fact that the cops have a long history of covering their own asses in situations like this. Their credibility is done, especially in the black community.

We had a situation down in Madison not too long after the MB shooting. Same sort of deal. Unarmed black youth shot by the cops. Protests and marches. There was a real investigation. State DOJ. Showed it to be a legit shoot. The full results of the investigation were made public. His mom wasn't satisfied, but she was about the only one. Most of the public saw that the actions of the dead guy were why he was dead and left it be.
I don't know if that would have happened if it was just the Madison PD Internal Affairs guys making that decision.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=149531;

Interesting. I was flipping through pictures on some site the other day and remember that one. Initially I just saw the hate group and a cop doing his job. I didn't even notice his race until you pointed it out just now.

I guess I'm just weird like that, but thanks! It really is a profound image once you take the time to reflect on it.

winsor

BLM

While I'm no fan of the BLM for some of the same reasons you've listed, I'm finding it hard to lump them in with The New Black Panthers, The Nation of Islam, The Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ, Israel United In Christ, and other black separatist hate groups (that for some reason or another seem to have a preoccupation with hijacking various religions - what's up with that?)

I'm not so sure I'd even call them racist as much as I would the poster child for misguided anger.

winsor

And they have. In 2016 465 white people have been killed by police, 148 were mentally ill and 22 were unarmed. 5 of those unarmed were also mentally ill.

233 black people have been killed by police in 2016, 34 were mentally ill and 17 were unarmed. 2 of those unarmed were also mentally ill.

Granted, blacks are still killed by police at a higher rate than whites, but if you are going to take population into consideration, you also have to consider the higher population of police in larger cities where you're more likely to be killed regardless of your race, by police or otherwise - cities where the majority of black people reside.

winsor

I have been in the sights of trigger happy cops (sleeping on the wing of my airplane, for example), and would likely have been shot repeatedly if I had not played 'Simon Says' effectively, and I'm pretty sure I'm not black.

Same here. I've had 15 year-old white friends beaten by police because they were thought to be in a gang - the police were trying to get info. Another was handcuffed to a gurney and choked nearly to death for mouthing off to a cop. Another was handcuffed, beaten and maced repeatedly. Another one was on a bad mushroom trip and fighting 5 cops that surrounded him. (Long story, but we're thankful we can look back and laugh at it)

But this was a long time ago, about 20 years ago. We didn't worry about cops killing unarmed suspects. It's a relatively new "phenomenon." I doubt my white friends would've fared as well today. There may have only been 4 or 5 unarmed people killed back then compared to 20 or more starting around 2014 and increasing to almost 50 in 2016.

Billvon made a good point earlier. We just shrug it off as tragic, but understandable.

This is where I think BLM is beneficial to society. They may only focus on black lives, but they're bringing attention to the issue. They don't just shrug it off.

There has been a steady increase in police homicides since 2000 regardless of race. This leads me to believe that there has either been a change in policy or a change in the mindset of cops.

Perhaps young X'ers and old millenials just aren't up to the task of being good cops. Maybe they're just too soft, too afraid, or not trained correctly.

My dad is old school. He's been known to take a punch or two and then subduing some punk kid instead of just shooting him. Those are the types of cops we need.

I just wish we could all come together and find solutions to the problem, rather than exploiting racism to gain an edge in the "us vs them" game that it is.

Here are some solutions that might help.

For starters. If you're a pussy, don't become a cop.

Here are the others:
http://useofforceproject.org/#project

Here is another view of this tragedy. James Fields was not part of any Alt-Right group, he may be of Jewish decent, the rally was denied a permit by the vice-mayor affiliated with the Black Panthers.

Looks like the clash was engineered by the usual suspects.

https://altright.com/2017/08/13/charlottesville-was-a-turning-point-for-white-people-in-america/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Here is another view of this tragedy. James Fields was not part of any Alt-Right group, he may be of Jewish decent, the rally was denied a permit by the vice-mayor affiliated with the Black Panthers.

https://altright.com/2017/08/13/charlottesville-was-a-turning-point-for-white-people-in-america/

I have a feeling that the only tragedy you see is that your white supremacist colleagues don't look so good.

SkyDekker

***Here is another view of this tragedy. James Fields was not part of any Alt-Right group, he may be of Jewish decent, the rally was denied a permit by the vice-mayor affiliated with the Black Panthers.

I have a feeling that the only tragedy you see is that your white supremacist colleagues don't look so good.

I was thinking that his search engine is Breihtbart.

I find it interesting that Google will not locate the source article. MS Edge will locate it but checks your computer, whatever that means, before redirecting the search.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

White power!
The hatred in this country is sadly embarrassing.
Stupid fuckers.

AntiFa, Black Lives Matter, Neo-Marxist and Democrat-aligned agitation groups...The hatred in this country is sadly embarrassing. Stupid fuckers for sure. And of course the KKK, White Nationalist, Neo-Nazi's, Anarchist I'm sure the list could go on.

Thankfully THAT site is blocked here at work.

I'm still curious why the murderer was tossed out of the Army.
He was also a member of Vanguard America, as noted by his participation during the riots WITH them and his team player shirt.

Shame he most likely won't get the death penalty, and I disagree with the death penalty!!

The city was right to deny the permit for this to take place as they had wanted to refuse weapons, sticks, and should have been held in the park the city gave the ok for, NOT in the center of the city...for the obvious reasons we've all now seen.

This morning Trump retweeted a picture of a "Trump train" running over a CNN reporter. Get it? Trump's people are running over their opponents left and right!

I have this image of John Kelly sitting in his office before he's even finished his first cup of coffee, yelling "he did WHAT???" The tweet was deleted minutes later, which (I suspect) represents the amount of time it took Kelly to get to Trump.