normiss

Nazi's are back!

>However. my ancestors, with some Irish mixed in there as well, came to America
>legally.

So did the "Palantine boors" (Germans) in the article. So did my grandparents, via Ellis Island. However, when my grandparents came to the US, the requirements for entry into the US were:
-show up
-pass a literacy test in THEIR language
-have $20
-pass a health screening

If they met those requirements they were accepted.

Had my ancestors (or yours) showed up today with the same qualifications they'd be considered illegal immigrants.

>They met the requirements to be called Americans. Later they fought against the
>Germans, both world wars, as well as the Japanese.

Why does that matter? Today, under Trump, we are deporting US veterans who have fought against ISIS.

Like I said, your ancestors are very fortunate that people like you (or Trump) were not in charge when they tried to come to the US.

Today Trump:

-Compared Robert E Lee and George Washington
-Said his refusal to condemn the white nationalists was a "fine statement"
-Said "if the press were not fake and if it was honest, the press would have said what I said was very nice."
-Said "that were very fine people" among the white nationalists

As a result, two more people quit his manufacturing council. Statement from one (Trumka) - "I cannot sit on a council for a President that tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism; I resign, effective immediately."

It's not all bad reviews, though. David Duke was very happy with Trump's performance.

"Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa."

Yesterday, on the advice of his advisers Trump condemned right wing hate groups after not doing so in the wake of the Charlottesville tragedy.

Today he's back to saying what he really thinks:

US President Donald Trump has again blamed both sides for the violent unrest in Charlottesville, Virginia, which left one protester dead and others injured.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40943425

Odd.
Seems whenever it's the brothers, they show up in riot gear and clear the streets.
White privilege for the win!
Again.

Of course the Nazi protestors had the LEOs out armed.
All the riot gear, poles, walls, bullet proof gear, assault rifles, and Italian cars for murdering, they clearly had the advantage.

LEO never allows mob rule.

normiss

Odd.
Seems whenever it's the brothers, they show up in riot gear and clear the streets.
White privilege for the win!
Again.

Of course the Nazi protestors had the LEOs out armed.
All the riot gear, poles, walls, bullet proof gear, assault rifles, and Italian cars for murdering, they clearly had the advantage.

LEO never allows mob rule.

It was a Challenger. Those are good old (new) fashioned American Muscle.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

They USED to be.
Taxes and foreign production and then ownership....
First German owned, now those Italians make the damn things!
That Giulietta we rented in Italy was a blast!
But it was no Giulia Quadrifoglio by any measure.

Anywho...Italian Chrysler = Fiat Corp of America

Good Ole Italian investment firm revitalizing some Chrysler products in marketing value only.
Maybe that's why they have made each brand a separate entity to spin off if needed....

Hi Bill,

This picture of John Kelly

The latest issue of TIME magazine has a cover story on John Kelly's life & why he went to work for Trump after turning Trump down twice before.

Now I wonder just when Kelly will do the honorable thing & resign. A Trump administration is no place for anyone of honor.

Jerry Baumchen

yoink

Today he's back to saying what he really thinks:

US President Donald Trump has again blamed both sides for the violent unrest in Charlottesville, Virginia, which left one protester dead and others injured.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40943425

It's funny how when Obama was Pres the Right pretended to be so concerned about the USs image in the world. Now people are saying this about Trump and suddenly they don't care what anyone else thinks ;)

If Donald Trump's initial handling of the fallout from Charlottesville started a political fire, on Tuesday the president poured on a bucket of kerosene and danced around the flames.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

I don't know when your article was written or to whom. However. my ancestors, with some Irish mixed in there as well, came to America legally. They met the requirements to be called Americans. Later they fought against the Germans, both world wars, as well as the Japanese.

Your point makes no sense to me and your personality appears to remain consistent.

That's because you lack self awareness, and are unable to evaluate yourself in line with the standards you expect from others.

winsor

Black Lives Matter is every bit as racist as is the Klan, and both are odious. Perhaps the differing opinions on the matter are reflective of the quote falsely attributed to Churchill to the effect that one's own farts smell the sweetest.

It's funny how often you bring up BLM or other black civil rights activists either apropos nothing or as a counterpoint to overt white racism (even stretching so far as to pretend that the full title of the movement should be Only BLM instead of BLM Too)... yet I've never seen you condemn the racism and xenophobia of the Zionist movement. I'd have thought that would be higher in your thoughts.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bill,

This picture of John Kelly

The latest issue of TIME magazine has a cover story on John Kelly's life & why he went to work for Trump after turning Trump down twice before.

Now I wonder just when Kelly will do the honorable thing & resign. A Trump administration is no place for anyone of honor.

Jerry Baumchen

I never read the story and I understand your point. But he, General Mattis are the only real checks on what trump really thinks and possible disastrous actions.

I prescribe some Tylenol and a metal of merit. He should stay.

In other news:

Theresa May on Trump comments: Far-right should always be condemned
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40948414

McCain: Trump needs to state difference between bigots and those fighting hate
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/346732-mccain-trump-needs-state-the-difference-between-bigots-and-those-fighting

IMO sometimes people confuse what duty to country means. What hero means. It means service like John McCain's to the state. It means

McAuliffe said he had just visited with the families of the two state troopers -- one his pilot, the other a member of his protection detail -- who were killed in a helicopter crash Saturday as they helped monitor the situation in Charlottesville.
The governor also praised Heather Heyer, a 32-year-old woman who was killed Saturday when a car slammed into a crowd of counterprotesters.
"She was doing what she loved," McAuliffe said. "She was fighting for democracy, (for) free speech, to stop hatred and bigotry."

and in a separate point:

What this shows about the US is the power of a true democracy. Turkey has poor to no democratic institutions and embedded ideology within its population. It has allowed its president to empower himself as a dictator.

Rodrigo Duterte president in the Philippines is another dictator who has swept aside democracy and the law in his actions.
" Trump praises Duterte's deadly drug war in leaked transcript"
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/donald-trump-rodrigo-duterte-phone-call-transcript/index.html

The US media, people, corporations and government institutions. Have shot down those who stand for such ideas, such repugnant ideologies. Unlike the people in Turkey and other banana republics where its leaders enjoy widespread support. Or quiet acceptance.

Phil1111

But he, General Mattis are the only real checks on what trump really thinks and possible disastrous actions.

Absolutely agreed!
And the more adults in the WH, the better, to keep the toddler away from the stove.
And also to keep the WH Nazi's (Bannon/Miller/Gorka) in check.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***But he, General Mattis are the only real checks on what trump really thinks and possible disastrous actions.

Absolutely agreed!
And the more adults in the WH, the better, to keep the toddler away from the stove.
And also to keep the WH Nazi's (Bannon/Miller/Gorka) in check.

It appears as if Ivanka and her husband are either not around trump enough or have little influence on trump. Clearly trumps inherent lack of any personal coherent ideology isn't going to change. His ego, racist tendencies are a given.

If Bannon, Miller and the other extremists got the boot from the WH. As the discussions in the media and trump's statement seems to suggest. The WH would just be left with trumps rambling stupid statements. With possible checks all around him of dumb personal actions.

A Trump administration is no place for anyone of honor

Just as church is for the sinners even more than it's for the always-good, someone strong and honorable has a target-rich environment right now. I wish Kelly all the best, and figure if he quits, Trump may well appoint someone worse, and not care about the objections. That would be worse.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

A Trump administration is no place for anyone of honor

Just as church is for the sinners even more than it's for the always-good, someone strong and honorable has a target-rich environment right now. I wish Kelly all the best, and figure if he quits, Trump may well appoint someone worse, and not care about the objections. That would be worse.

Wendy P.

Bannon and Miller are always squirming around his heals for a promotion.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

SkyDekker

Because nothing fosters free speech as heavily armed people in camouflage outfits.

Who look like clowns. Dressed like airsoft SEAL's with comms, etc.

I have discovered the training video's for these groups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBaISwLnrgo&t=130s

but this one is far more amusing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dm0BxFZfmI&t=162s

billvon

>Texas A&M Cancels White Nationalist Charlottesville Sequel Event on Sept. 11
>Due to Safety Concerns

I think they should still hold it; let the world see what these people are all about.

I think many people may have never known, or at least forgotten what real racism looks like.

As conservatives see these groups in action, it may allow them to examine/recognize remnants of their own subtle prejudice. As they begin to distance themselves from these hate groups and publicly condemn their behavior, they move further away from the fringe.

Now that we once again see real examples of true racism, liberals and groups like the BLM may get over their perceived racism and stop looking under the rocks for anything that may resemble racial injustice. Suddenly, conservatives that publicly condemn these hate groups don't look so bad anymore, and it opens up an avenue for positive communication. The enemy of my enemy and all that jazz. . .

Perhaps this could be Balance Theory in action?

We've already seen it with the ACA. People that were once staunchly opposed to Obama care, are now willing to work together with the left primarily out of disdain for Trump and his failure to get it together. They've even stopped using Obama's name for good measure.