yoink

What's the most appropriate way to disseminate a policy on banning transgender individuals from serving in the military?

By tweet, of course...

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you.

Seriously. Twitter is now how we communicate government policy. :S:S

Edit: forgot the link
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890193981585444864

Have Scaramucci leak it:

"Look, I'd be very upset if someone leaked an important announcement like this one, one that will affect hundreds of honorable active duty US military. It would be outrageous. It would be almost criminal if someone like me said that we're going to ban trannies from the military.

Woah. Who said that? These leaks have to stop. It's just more proof that the media is focused too much on leaks and not at all on the great work Trump has done to make America great again!"

yoink

Lets also not forget this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742771576039460864

From Donald Trump - 14th June 2016:

Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.

Let's just keep them out of the military. We need warriors not emotionally disturbed, gender confused victims in the ranks.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Lets also not forget this:

Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.

Let's just keep them out of the military. We need warriors not emotionally disturbed, gender confused victims in the ranks.

The weakest justification, yet similar rationale for refusing people who are "different" from enjoying the liberty to serve and protect their country.

http://www.pbs.org/thewar/at_war_democracy_japanese_american.htm

http://www.pbs.org/thewar/at_war_democracy_african_american.htm

http://www.pbs.org/thewar/at_war_democracy_latino.htm

>Let's just keep them out of the military. We need warriors not emotionally
>disturbed, gender confused victims in the ranks.

Here's one of those "disturbed, confused victims" you are referring to. Love to see you say that to her face. I doubt you'd have the courage.

================
Kristin Beck is not just your average service member. Born Christopher Beck, she served for 20 years in the Navy with SEAL Teams 1, 5, and, eventually, the elite 6. She deployed 13 times over two decades, including stints in Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. She received the Bronze Star award for valor and the Purple Heart for wounds suffered in combat.

. . . Beck had a message for President Donald Trump after he announced the US military would bar transgender people from serving.

"Let's meet face to face and you tell me I'm not worthy," Kristin Beck, a 20-year veteran of the Navy SEALs, told Business Insider on Wednesday. "Transgender doesn't matter. Do your service."

(Business Insider)
==================

>You left out the part where "she" was a male while in the SEALs.

Uh . . . you do know what "transgender" means, right?

Like I said, I'd like to see you call her a "disturbed, confused victim." I doubt you have the courage. It's a lot easier to attack servicepeople from the safety of your living room.

normiss

From the Coward in Chief who was too much of a pussy to actively serve.

I despise using that word that way - it's really such a beautiful word. ;)

Don't let it get you down. It's only the Clown in Chief looking for another distraction to divert attention away from his rapid descent.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

The Wikipedia article seems to support her life as disturbed and confused.

Pot, meet kettle. :S

Don

RonD1120

And it didn't stop her from being an extremely effective warrior.

So your problem again was...?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yes, ban all disturbed and confused people from military service worldwide. The only problem is that peace might break out.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>Hate is now being restored in the US.

When the right wing does something especially vile, its defenders are quick to deploy the "well, both sides do it" defense.

But the systematic targeting of minority groups is something that seems to be an exclusively right wing phenomena, perhaps since the right relies so heavily on emotions (specifically outrage and anger) to motivate its base. Historically it has been easy to generate fear and hate against small groups of people - blacks, Jews, immigrants, gays, Muslims, Catholics, Japanese-Americans and Chinese-Americans, and now trans people - and the right wing has gotten this down to a science. By generating such outrage and hate, they can direct their member's negative emotions at an external enemy, and avoid having that outrage targeted at themselves.

billvon

>Hate is now being restored in the US.

When the right wing does something especially vile, its defenders are quick to deploy the "well, both sides do it" defense.

But the systematic targeting of minority groups is something that seems to be an exclusively right wing phenomena, perhaps since the right relies so heavily on emotions (specifically outrage and anger) to motivate its base. Historically it has been easy to generate fear and hate against small groups of people - blacks, Jews, immigrants, gays, Muslims, Catholics, Japanese-Americans and Chinese-Americans, and now trans people - and the right wing has gotten this down to a science. By generating such outrage and hate, they can direct their member's negative emotions at an external enemy, and avoid having that outrage targeted at themselves.

Conservatism is entirely based on fear. Fear of change, fear on the other, fear of loss. We all have these fears, conservatives are just on a different place on the fear scale than liberals.

There is a theory that fear is the only emotion. All other emotions are just modified fear. Evolution wise, fear has served us well. We need fear.

Hi Ken,

another distraction to divert attention away from his rapid descent

^^^^^ This.

The Dipsh!+ in Chief is running scared. I am expecting that Meuller has him scared of bringing him into the light of the day.

As Andy9o8 would say: 'Hey, look over here.'

Jerry Baumchen

RonD1120

You seem to forget that +85% of the military serves in a support role for roughly 15% of the forces that actually have a combat role. Additionally, if we are kicking out the emotionally disturbed or those with "mental disorders", the American people would be quickly shocked to discover the numbers of soldiers (I can't speak to the other branches) that visit Behavioral Health services for everything from bi polar disorders to severe addictions.

If they can meet the standards (Army are incredibly low by the way) let them serve. They are already better than the majority of Americans in my opinion simply because they are willing to serve a country that tries to belittle them. When people make comments about "special accommodations", I laugh at their ignorance. There are no special trans bathrooms or barracks nor will there be. When you are a one gender, you use the appropriate facilities until your marker changes IAW the current policy and then you use the other facilities. In the field, everyone shits in a hole, problem solved.

My only concern as an active duty member is their ability to deploy. I have not had to deal with it personally, but I would be intrigued by their transition plan and how long it puts them in a non-deployable status. I've had soldiers undergo spinal surgery and extreme dental procedures (the kind where they break your jaw to correct issues) and be non-deployable for 9 months-ish. If we are willing to put that kind of commitment into one soldier then we should offer another soldier the same luxury.

emotionally disturbed? Like those that put their faith in bearded fictional men in the sky for example? I am all for it - let's keep them out of the military. I prefer soldiers that swear to uphold the Constitution anyway.

RonD1120

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/opinions/kristin-beck-on-trump-transgender-tweet-opinion/index.html

We should take up a collection to send him to the WH.

To kick trump's ass!!!

Needless to say this command will not stand.

Phil1111

******Lets also not forget this:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/opinions/kristin-beck-on-trump-transgender-tweet-opinion/index.html

We should take up a collection to send him her to the WH.

To kick trump's ass!!!

Even you're confused now. :)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

*********Lets also not forget this:

We should take up a collection to send him her to the WH.

To kick trump's ass!!!

Even you're confused now. :)

Its a good thing I have you as my wingman.