RonD1120

Clinton Foundation Witness Found Dead

Several years ago, when the dot-com rage was in full force, it was revealed that Snopes and Wikipedia had a strong liberal bias

Revealed by who? Revealed how?

Christian conservatives were advised to consult Truth or Fiction or Conservapedia as alternative sources.

Because they are happy to blatantly lie in support of their declared Conservative bias. Good to hear you announce that you support fake news.

However, we later learned that George Soros was a major funding source.

How did you learn George Soros is a major funding source of Snopes? From who did you learn it? Why do you trust it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Several years ago, when the dot-com rage was in full force, it was revealed that Snopes and Wikipedia had a strong liberal bias

Revealed by who? Revealed how?

Christian conservatives were advised to consult Truth or Fiction or Conservapedia as alternative sources.

Because they are happy to blatantly lie in support of their declared Conservative bias. Good to hear you announce that you support fake news.

However, we later learned that George Soros was a major funding source.

How did you learn George Soros is a major funding source of Snopes? From who did you learn it? Why do you trust it?

All of that FEELS very truthy.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

RonD1120

Several years ago, when the dot-com rage was in full force, it was revealed that Snopes and Wikipedia had a strong liberal bias. Christian conservatives were advised to consult Truth or Fiction or Conservapedia as alternative sources.

This, of course, is total nonsense.

Snopes has no "liberal bias", indeed, most of its content has nothing to do with politics. However, when it became a common source for torpedoing those stupid chain emails from your racist uncle (or weirdos on dropzone.com), it's only natural that conservatives had to start spreading rumours about it.

Snopes, like all fact checking cites, works by showing its work. It doesn't just debunk something, it provides you all of the information in supporting the debunk (and usually, with fake news, that isn't a lot of work).

Likewise with wikipedia, it's a great aggregator, but if you want to use it, better to go to the actual sources than it.

Conservapedia is so comical it reads like a parody site. Intelligent people don't take that kind of nonsense seriously.

Someone already quoted Stephen Colbert though - facts do have a liberal bias. So, apparently, does reality.

Several years ago, when the dot-com rage was in full force, it was revealed that Snopes and Wikipedia had a strong liberal bias. Christian conservatives were advised to consult Truth or Fiction or Conservapedia as alternative sources.

I just showed the Consevapedia site to VERY conservative friends of mine. They got a good laugh at that.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Lawndarter

Conservapedia is so comical it reads like a parody site. Intelligent people don't take that kind of nonsense seriously.

True. OTOH, Trump's supporters do.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

headoverheels

Several years ago, when the dot-com rage was in full force, it was revealed that Snopes and Wikipedia had a strong liberal bias.

Wikipedia was launched after the dot-com bubble burst.

You know, I was just going to gloss over that one beginning with the dot-com rage being more than a few years ago...

DJL

Several years ago, when the dot-com rage was in full force, it was revealed that Snopes and Wikipedia had a strong liberal bias.

Wikipedia was launched after the dot-com bubble burst.

You know, I was just going to gloss over that one beginning with the dot-com rage being more than a few years ago...

Yup. I actually had a reply typed out about it being nearly 2 decades ago but then figured what's the point - Ron's belief system allows him to make the most tenuous logical connections and nothing I'd say would change that.

yoink

Yup. I actually had a reply typed out about it being nearly 2 decades ago but then figured what's the point - Ron's belief system allows him to make the most tenuous logical connections and nothing I'd say would change that.

Oh, please. Ron doesn't even need a tenuous logical connection.

Anyone who quotes WMD as a source, yet discounts the Wiki and Snopes completely due to their 'strong liberal bias' has clearly demonstrated that what they want to be true is far, far more important than any actual facts.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Oh, please. Ron doesn't even need a tenuous logical connection.

Anyone who quotes WMD as a source, yet discounts the Wiki and Snopes completely due to their 'strong liberal bias' has clearly demonstrated that what they want to be true is far, far more important than any actual facts.

Irony score 100
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

revealed by who? And by strong liberal bias, you mean 'uncovering the facts' right?

You should watch the new film 'Get me Roger Stone' for a better understanding of facts

especially the parts where he openly admits to using fake media, stories and disinformation to get his ways. Right up the alley with Christianity - no wonder it works in politics, since it's been working for religion for centuries.

Roger Stone is a slimeball, but very good at it. It's those dirty tricks that work to undermine democracy as we know it.

RonD1120

***>Snopes cannot be trusted, pro-liberal leftist funding.

True. And the US was founded by progressive, pro-liberal leftists, so who can you trust, really?

Only the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit.

The imaginary man in the sky make everything great for the feeble minded.

Carry on.

funjumper101

******>Snopes cannot be trusted, pro-liberal leftist funding.

True. And the US was founded by progressive, pro-liberal leftists, so who can you trust, really?

Only the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit.

The imaginary man in the sky make everything great for the feeble minded.

Carry on.

What makes everything great for you?

The Holy Spirit is inside me and you. Learn to listen for and to Him.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is in all of us. Right now She is in me and telling me that you're full of right wing shit!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Yes, the Holy Spirit is in all of us. Right now She is in me and telling me that you're full of right wing shit!

Darn it Ken, there goes another motherboard. And a waste of single-malt.

😆

aphid

😆

Don't be wasting whiskey. Only heathens waste whiskey!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

aphid

😆

Single malt IS the holy spirit.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I understand where you are coming from. I too used to walk that path. Then one day, 16 Mar 1981, I met the Christ and the scales fell from my eyes. I forgive you.

Know this, I have no desire to take anything from you. All my needs are satisfied in Christ.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I understand where you are coming from. I too used to walk that path. Then one day, 16 Mar 1981, I met the Christ and the scales fell from my eyes. I forgive you.

Know this, I have no desire to take anything from you. All my needs are satisfied in Christ.

Your interpretation of Christ's message is suspect.

Philippians 4:19New King James Version (NKJV)
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.