yoink

Police body cameras

SkyDekker

This is incorrect. The man was not under suspicion. The motive to get the sample was to clear him.

The guy the cops were chasing ran into this guys truck and killed himself and putting him in the hospital. He has a case against the police force. If he had been drunk or high that would have been used against him in those proceedings.

The other possibility and actually what I've seen being openly cited by the police as what they were hoping to do, is obtain the evidence to exonerate him - ie: another example of going to great length to protect their own - far more insidious if you ask me.

The motive for wanting the sample is somewhat unclear. The illegal behavior and false arrest of the nurse is very clear. This is a man who expects to be obeyed. Probably especially by women. It is Salt Lake City after all.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Hi Robert,

FBI probes Utah cop

Based upon what I have read, all of my adult life I have been against Eisenhower's decision to have Pvt. Slovik executed. I do understand Ike's reasoning to set an example so others would not desert.

Maybe if the feds could put this dufus in a federal correction facility for 18 months or so, it just might set an example for other LEOs to take it a little easy in the future.

Jerry Baumchen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Slovik

The FBI puts corrupt LEO's in jail on a regular basis. ( I knew a couple).

These guys thought they were right, they weren't.

Your comparison is just silly.

With that said, their jobs are likely in jeopardy for this mistake.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

The FBI puts corrupt LEO's in jail on a regular basis. ( I knew a couple).

Unfortunately body cameras just show the bad actions of LEO to the public. The 100,000's of video submitted in courts showing drunks, lying and belligerent suspects. Video that seals their fate in courts. Is never shown to the public.

Phil1111

***The FBI puts corrupt LEO's in jail on a regular basis. ( I knew a couple).

Unfortunately body cameras just show the bad actions of LEO to the public. The 100,000's of video submitted in courts showing drunks, lying and belligerent suspects. Video that seals their fate in courts. Is never shown to the public.

And why should they? "LEO does their job" SHOULD be the norm.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

nolhtairt

Good.

Payne’s supervisor, Lt. James Tracy, was demoted to officer. His lawyer, Ed Brass, couldn’t immediately be reached.

Tracy made an impulsive decision in ordering Payne to arrest Wubbels without first taking time to understand the facts of the situation and the law, Brown wrote in his disciplinary letter.

He said the order created chaos and unnecessarily escalated the situation.

“Your lack of judgment and leadership in this matter is unacceptable, and as a result, I no longer believe that you can retain a leadership position in the department,” Brown said.

Also good. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Utah nurse reaches $500,000 settlement in dispute over her arrest for blocking cop from drawing blood from patient

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/31/utah-nurse-arrested-for-blocking-cop-from-drawing-blood-from-patient-receives-500000-settlement/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Utah nurse reaches $500,000 settlement in dispute over her arrest for blocking cop from drawing blood from patient

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/31/utah-nurse-arrested-for-blocking-cop-from-drawing-blood-from-patient-receives-500000-settlement/

I hope she donates that to a good civic cause. There's such thing as profiteering too.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I expect she does have some legal fees to cover first.
She suffered this personally, and while I support some charitable contributions, SHE took the brunt of this event on a personal level in defense of treating patients the way they deserve AND the way the law states.
It's hers to do as she pleases IMO.

DJL

***Utah nurse reaches $500,000 settlement in dispute over her arrest for blocking cop from drawing blood from patient

I hope she donates that to a good civic cause. There's such thing as profiteering too.

Read the article. It mentions where she plans on donating some of the money (a couple different places).

Kind of a shame that the taxpayers will be footing this cost.

It would be really nice to see the individual officers held responsible for their behavior.
And, yes, I realize there are some good reasons for that not happening.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******Utah nurse reaches $500,000 settlement in dispute over her arrest for blocking cop from drawing blood from patient

Read the article. It mentions where she plans on donating some of the money (a couple different places).

Kind of a shame that the taxpayers will be footing this cost.

It would be really nice to see the individual officers held responsible for their behavior.
And, yes, I realize there are some good reasons for that not happening.

That’s the biggest problem with settling as no legal precedent is set. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.