kallend

Hung Parliament

This from a week before the election:

"Across the country, voters are pinning their hopes on no party achieving a majority, leaders refusing to form a coalition, and the delicate machinery of government basically having a live cow shoved into it."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/total-clusterfk-is-britains-best-hope-20170602128710

kallend

May's decision to hold an unnecessarily early election must rank among the worst political decisions in modern times.

Hanging May be too good.

Yeah it's right there alongside "let's hold a brexit referendum - it's ok, they'll never go for it"
:S
Never try to eat more than you can lift

kallend

May's decision to hold an unnecessarily early election must rank among the worst political decisions in modern times.

I thought it was brilliant. It showed that real politics (i.e. driven by policy) is still alive and kicking.

After refusing to give any answer to questions about the type of deal she would seek with Brussels except for "Brexit means Brexit" (yeah, but what does Brexit mean?) after becoming PM and somehow getting away with it, she was arrogant enough to think she could do the same thing through the entire campaign.

It was a definite strategy by the Tories to have May talk only in soundbites and never engage in a real exchange of ideas, issues, or solid policies with anyone - and faced with it day after day after day a lot of people started to feel bored and patronised.

Corbyn on the other hand talks more like a normal person than any politician I can remember. Whatever you think of his answers, you have to admit that he gives straight answers to straight questions (except when he's lost his numbers :P) and it's frankly depressing that this is so incredibly unusual.

However, it worked. Despite the best efforts of the rest of the Labour party to dig their own electoral graves by stabbing him in the back, a large number of people were engaged. Despite him being quite uncharismatic, thousands upon thousands came to hear him speak. He got crowds that would put a Trump rally to shame (maybe) when it was just him at a lecturn in a park somewhere.

If the outcome of this election is that both parties realise that it is better to talk to the electorate in a straight and honest manner, instead of dodging every single question you face then we'll be better for it, no matter what disruption the minority government causes. We'll find out within a year when we have the next election anyway (after the inevitable crumbling of the Tory/Unionist alliance).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***I think she's shocked so many voted for the protesting weasel-faced terrorist sympathiser.

She's shocked how many voted for herself?

You're demonstrating quite an active imagination. Which I fully support. It's healthy.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Her inexperience in comparison to Corbyn's was something her team hadn't quite anticipated. Their own attempts at a manifesto were also about as convincing as the Green Parties shambolic effort. Despite May often appearing something akin to a badger struggling with its human disguise, Corbyn (for me) still convinces around as much as a Sunday Sport headline.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

vortexring

******I think she's shocked so many voted for the protesting weasel-faced terrorist sympathiser.

You're demonstrating quite an active imagination. Which I fully support. It's healthy.

Just this week she's covering up the terrorist connection of the Saudi's and forming a government with the spawn of Ian Paisley.

vortexring

Despite May often appearing something akin to a badger struggling with its human disguise, Corbyn (for me) still convinces around as much as a Sunday Sport headline.

I am giving you a round of applause :D:D:D

Brilliant.

jakee

*********I think she's shocked so many voted for the protesting weasel-faced terrorist sympathiser.

Just this week she's covering up the terrorist connection of the Saudi's and forming a government with the spawn of Ian Paisley.

Very true, but you're clearly forgetting to take into account how much money our country can make from the House of Saud, which therefore negates any of their terrorist connections (see Qatar as a reasonable example of deflection). However, she also hasn't been attending the funerals of any recently deceased terrorists.

vortexring

************I think she's shocked so many voted for the protesting weasel-faced terrorist sympathiser.

Very true, but you're clearly forgetting to take into account how much money our country can make from the House of Saud, which therefore negates any of their terrorist connections (see Qatar as a reasonable example of deflection). However, she also hasn't been attending the funerals of any recently deceased terrorists.

True, however she has just given a bunch of thinly veiled terrorists the casting vote in British politics.

Having just read his manifesto, I'm with lord bucket head.

B|
jakee

***Despite May often appearing something akin to a badger struggling with its human disguise, Corbyn (for me) still convinces around as much as a Sunday Sport headline.

Brilliant.

Thanks. It was either the badger or the chap called Edgar from the original MenInBlack movie. :)

Stumpy

***************I think she's shocked so many voted for the protesting weasel-faced terrorist sympathiser.

True, however she has just given a bunch of thinly veiled terrorists the casting vote in British politics.

Has she? Despite their electorate, I'm not quite convinced. On more serious note, can you bullet Buckethead's manifesto? I might just join you ;)

vortexring

******Despite May often appearing something akin to a badger struggling with its human disguise, Corbyn (for me) still convinces around as much as a Sunday Sport headline.

Brilliant.

It was either the badger or the chap called Edgar from the original MenInBlack movie. :)
You are right! Edgar was the spitting image!

vortexring

******************I think she's shocked so many voted for the protesting weasel-faced terrorist sympathiser.

Has she? Despite their electorate, I'm not quite convinced. On more serious note, can you bullet Buckethead's manifesto? I might just join you ;)

MY 2017 MANIFESTO: Strong, not entirely stable, leadership

1. The abolition of the Lords (except me).

2. Full facial coverings to be kept legal, especially bucket-related headgear.

3. No third runway to be built at Heathrow: where we’re going we don’t need runways.

4. Ceefax to be brought back immediately, with The Oracle and other Teletext services to be rolled out by the next Parliament.

5. Regeneration of Nicholson’s Shopping Centre, Maidenhead.

6. Buckethead on Brexit: a referendum should be held about whether there should be a second referendum.

7. Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.

8. Nationalisation of Adele: in order to maximise the efficient use of UK resources, the time is right for great British assets to be brought into public ownership for the common good. This is to be achieved through capital spending.

9. A moratorium until 2022 on whether Birmingham should be converted into a star base.

10. Legalisation of the hunting of fox-hunters.

11. New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.

12. Katie Hopkins to be banished to the Phantom Zone.

13. Stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Start buying lasers from Lord Buckethead.

14. Prospective MPs to live in the seat they wish to represent for at least five years before election, to improve local representation in Parliament.

15. Free bikes for everyone, to help combat obesity, traffic congestion and bike theft.

vortexring

Very true, but you're clearly forgetting to take into account how much money our country can make from the House of Saud, which therefore negates any of their terrorist connections

Oh ok, so when it comes to figuring out who's making life easier for terrorists, realpolitik trumps reality. Cool.

Despite the satirical statement, money often trumps everything. I think that also explains the real answer to the suppression.

vortexring

:D

I'm now truly horrified for missing the opportunity to vote for this genius!

Next time!

How is it that this genius only got 249 votes? I just heard him on CBC. Canada would love to have him as leader.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

It appears that the Western Nations are drifting into a chaotic situation. The established democratic process is breaking down. This along with the increase in Islamic terrorism is creating instability and uncertainty.

How long will the people tolerate this breakdown until they demand dictatorship to establish short term peace and safety?

Could this be the foundation of events for the rise of the anti-Christ?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.