Phil1111

Tuesday Afternoon Massacre

What are you all going to do when this all goes away? There's no evidence! There's the innuendo and Tin hat conspiracy theories that keeps you going.

Oh wait, never mind. You guys will dream up some new crazy stuff. Fun to watch but dangerous too
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

What are you all going to do when this all goes away? There's no evidence! There's the innuendo and Tin hat conspiracy theories that keeps you going.

Don't worry Rush. Trump will do something even dumber next week.

No, actually you guys will make something up that appears Dumber. But nothing appears more dumb than this story about leaking to the Russia ambassador. Been flatly denied by 2 people in the meeting and you're going to go with Anonymous sources buy a newspaper whose owner hates Trump. You go Bill you go.
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

I think the function of the press should be to relate news with clarity to the public, but he's right when he's said that the 'scoring of points' mentality has been getting worse for some time, and I think that detracts from the quality of the reporting.

Minor errors in words when the intent is clear isn't news. It shouldn't be reported as a huge deal. Deliberately setting out to trap the person being interviewed is not conducive to telling the right story that is really in the public interest.

This type of reporting necessarily forces outlets to take sides - those deliberately seeking the 'gotcha' moments, and those that feel the need to defend when they happen. In the middle of it the more important news is lost in the noise.

:D

seriously, you'll get accused of being 'above it all'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, actually you guys will make something up that appears Dumber. But nothing appears more dumb than this story about leaking to the Russia ambassador. Been flatly denied by 2 people in the meeting and you're going to go with Anonymous sources buy a newspaper whose owner hates Trump.

No, I am going to go with Trump's own words. He admitted it.

But again, I have faith he will do something even dumber next week that you can spin and deny.

billvon

No, actually you guys will make something up that appears Dumber. But nothing appears more dumb than this story about leaking to the Russia ambassador. Been flatly denied by 2 people in the meeting and you're going to go with Anonymous sources buy a newspaper whose owner hates Trump.

No, I am going to go with Trump's own words. He admitted it.

But again, I have faith he will do something even dumber next week that you can spin and deny.

I'm not denying anything. And it's you doing spinning
Abraham Lincoln

>I'm not denying anything.

You deny frequently, regularly and angrily. You are currently denying something Trump has already admitted to.

Most Trump supporters have already "pivoted" away from denial to "he released it to the Russians and it was classified but he had EVERY RIGHT TO RELEASE IT!" Why not spin with them?

jakee

***I'm not denying anything.

You're denying that he shared information with the Russians that he personally admitted sharing with the Russians.

That's f****** hilarious bill. How can somebody intentionally leak.? The present of the United States has the power to declassify any info. He also has the power to determine what information to share. Nothing is legal. Does it look bad ? depends on what the information was and yes it does look bad but the rest of it's a bunch of made-up b******* did you guys are running with like a bunch of children who just stole a baby's diapers. Get over it Bill. Trump won
Abraham Lincoln

My post:

"Most Trump supporters have already "pivoted" away from denial to "he released it to the Russians and it was classified but he had EVERY RIGHT TO RELEASE IT!" Why not spin with them?"

Your post:

" How can somebody intentionally leak.? The present of the United States has the power to declassify any info. He also has the power to determine what information to share. Nothing is legal. Does it look bad ? depends on what the information was and yes it does look bad but the rest of it's a bunch of made-up b******* "

You took my advice! Excellent. Happy spinning!

rehmwa

***I think the function of the press should be to relate news with clarity to the public, but he's right when he's said that the 'scoring of points' mentality has been getting worse for some time, and I think that detracts from the quality of the reporting.

Minor errors in words when the intent is clear isn't news. It shouldn't be reported as a huge deal. Deliberately setting out to trap the person being interviewed is not conducive to telling the right story that is really in the public interest.

This type of reporting necessarily forces outlets to take sides - those deliberately seeking the 'gotcha' moments, and those that feel the need to defend when they happen. In the middle of it the more important news is lost in the noise.

:D

seriously, you'll get accused of being 'above it all'

I know. I'm a terrible person.
:|:ph34r:

depends on what the information was and yes it does look bad but the rest of it's a bunch of made-up b*******

What is the rest of it?

Trump giving away the information is the all of it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

My post:

"Most Trump supporters have already "pivoted" away from denial to "he released it to the Russians and it was classified but he had EVERY RIGHT TO RELEASE IT!" Why not spin with them?"

Your post:

" How can somebody intentionally leak.? The present of the United States has the power to declassify any info. He also has the power to determine what information to share. Nothing is legal. Does it look bad ? depends on what the information was and yes it does look bad but the rest of it's a bunch of made-up b******* "

You took my advice! Excellent. Happy spinning!

I think the intentional leak going on here is the left wetting their pants........

And I still go with the words of those in the meeting with him that said everything was properly done.

I think I need to buy some depends stock now as well as the tin foil stock:D
Abraham Lincoln

The present of the United States has the power to declassify any info. He also has the power to determine what information to share.

Since you're now an expert on national intelligence law can you tell us who else can automatically declassify information? I can't imagine this power is for some reason limited to the President, he's as much a public servant as some other members of our government.

And just to be clear, any President, any time, under any circumstances can instantaneously make any quantity of things unclassified just by telling them to a foreign diplomat?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

The present of the United States has the power to declassify any info. He also has the power to determine what information to share.

Since you're now an expert on national intelligence law can you tell us who else can automatically declassify information? I can't imagine this power is for some reason limited to the President, he's as much a public servant as some other members of our government.

And just to be clear, any President, any time, under any circumstances can instantaneously make any quantity of things unclassified just by telling them to a foreign diplomat?

I do not know which reporter said this yesterday but I agree with it.

"Trump critics are like squirrels on crack":D:D

I almost did not reply to you snotty post but it was too easy to find.

Take your pick.....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&q=what+law+gives+the+president+authority+to+declassify+intelligence&spf=1495030812408
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Take your pick.....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&q=what+law+gives+the+president+authority+to+declassify+intelligence&spf=1495030812408

Ok, just want to make sure we're on the same page when President Elizabeth Warren does the same thing and you have an opinion about it.

Edit: You could say I'm just going to squirrel that one away so we can dig it up later.

DJL

Take your pick.....

Ok, just want to make sure we're on the same page when President Elizabeth Warren does the same thing and you have an opinion about it.

Edit: You could say I'm just going to squirrel that one away.

Two funny lines in one post!:D
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

Take your pick.....

Edit: You could say I'm just going to squirrel that one away.

Well we are not seeing at least a bit or rational thought coming from some on the left.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/16/dennis-kucinich-calls-high-bs-quotient-on-wapo-story-asks-who-leaked/

Dennis Kucinich Calls ‘High BS Quotient’ on WaPo Story, Asks Who Leaked

Abraham Lincoln

The conclusion from that post:

"Risch said, "The minute the president speaks about it to someone, he has the ability to declassify anything at any time without any process."

We found broad agreement that a president, using powers granted by the Constitution, is able to declassify essentially anything. However, experts added that Risch’s comment was not entirely on point for the particular situation involving Trump.

In this case, it appears Trump didn’t actually use his declassification power before talking to the Russian officials, and just because Trump’s actions were legal doesn’t necessarily mean they were wise. These caveats add nuance to analyses of what Trump did.

The statement is accurate but needs clarification and additional information, so we rate it Mostly True."

One other thing that they didn't touch on has to do with why we know about it. Apparently there's a do-gooder in the white-house who chose to convey to the entire world that items discussed are of the highest classified value. It's quite possible that Russia had no idea of that but now that they've been told I'm sure they're pouring through every single detail and through some basic sleuthing are able to put together "envelope" information that tells them the who and when about how the information was obtained.

Wouldn't it have been better to blow that whistle to an over-site committee rather than tell the entire world that something in that conversation (available from the Russians now) is of supreme importance?

Wouldn't it have been better to blow that whistle to an over-site committee rather than tell the entire world that something in that conversation (available from the Russians now) is of supreme importance?

It would have been - if such committees did not have a history of burying anything harmful to the president.

rushmc

Do you know the actual info that was supposedly released?

Nope, and not the source either. I have to imagine it's a pretty short list.

But now that the Russians know that they should look at it closely. I'm betting most of the conversation was Trump validating himself by talking about the election or talking down to US media.

DJL

***Do you know the actual info that was supposedly released?

But now that the Russians know that they should look at it closely. I'm betting most of the conversation was Trump validating himself by talking about the election or talking down to US media.

:D Ok:S
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

I'm betting most of the conversation was Trump validating himself by talking about the election or talking down to US media.

Including bragging about the size of the inaugural crowd, and handing out copies of the electoral map.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

DJL

Do you know the actual info that was supposedly released?

Well, according to Trump himself, it was info about a plot to bomb an airliner with a device built into a laptop.

While it sounds all well and good to tell the Russians about this, especially given the fact that they had an airliner come down under suspicious circumstances, it's actually pretty stupid.

Daesh know operational security and counter-intel. Considering who they used to be, they are going to be pretty good at it.

This sort of info will be very compartmented. There will be the bomb makers, who will know about the device. But they won't know much about how it is to be utilized. They wouldn't be told if it was to go on a plane, into a meeting with some important folks, or whatever.

Then there would be folks planning the actual attack. They would know about the plane, but they wouldn't know precisely what the device was going to be. They would simply be told that it would be a device that could get through security. Laptop, phone, tablet, ect.

The number of people who know both parts of the plot would be very small. Perhaps small enough that Daesh could simply interrogate all of them, on suspicion alone. Those interrogations wouldn't be fun. They don't have a whole lot of "due process".

This source is likely in very serious danger. If not dead already.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo