brenthutch

Why is the Clinton Global Initiative closing?

I don't get it. The CGI is a critical, lifesaving charity, providing assistance and aid to millions around the globe. Clinton aid James Carville stated: "if the CGI is forced to close...PEOPLE WILL DIE!" Why then would they CHOOSE to close? Why does the Clinton Global Initiative want to let people die?

brenthutch

I don't get it.

No shit.

The CGI is a critical, lifesaving charity, providing assistance and aid to millions around the globe. Clinton aid James Carville stated: "if the CGI is forced to close...PEOPLE WILL DIE!" Why then would they CHOOSE to close? Why does the Clinton Global Initiative want to let people die?

Not a word of that is true.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***I don't get it.

No shit.

The CGI is a critical, lifesaving charity, providing assistance and aid to millions around the globe. Clinton aid James Carville stated: "if the CGI is forced to close...PEOPLE WILL DIE!" Why then would they CHOOSE to close? Why does the Clinton Global Initiative want to let people die?

Not a word of that is true.

From the NYT
"For the moment, hiring appears muted: Most of the job postings on the foundation’s website are for food service and catering jobs at the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark."

I guess the foundation is going to keep people who visit the Clinton Presidential Center from starving, not exactly what I would call a life saving charity.

Woo boy, watch those goal posts fly!:D God forbid you could do the classy thing and just say "Oops, yeah I got the CGI mixed up with the whole Foundation". That'd be way too difficult.

Oh by the way, it's interesting how you could be completely on board with a 2 year full court smear campaign by the Republicans against a successful and useful charity, then blame the charity itself when contributions start to go down. Between this and Tregret it seems like a lot of you guys on the right aren't really up to speed on the concept of actions having consequences.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

brenthutch

I did conflate the two :$

I guess we will find out, in the next year or two, if the Clinton Foundation is a charity, or a pay-to-play shush fund selling government access. If is still doing God's work in 2018 I will apologize

It's no secret that Foundations with their fundraising and handshaking get rolled into political capital. Since the Clintons are less politically relevant they'll probably see fewer donations but it's a very successful group with a very high rating doing a substantial amount of work with two very forceful figureheads. It wouldn't just go away or get shut down.

The same can't be said for the Trump Foundation which very obviously only existed to serve Donald's image.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher