kallend

Rapture imminent!

jakee

*********I misspelled the word in my first response. SAT, imminence not immanence.

Ah sorry, I thought a metaphysical scholar such as yourself would have noticed the difference. I dropped a heavy enough hint;)

You got me. You are the master in Dr Eric Berne's IGYSOB game.

Shouldn't that be IGYYSOB?:D:P

I've seen it both ways.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

All doubt and uncertainty ended for those raptured.

Like Wendy, not trying to trap you. Just asking. I thought you and your friends and family and congregation were 100% convinced. What's up with the "doubt and uncertainty"? Do you have any of that?

jakee

Being caught up in the twinkling of an eye instead of experiencing physical death. That seems to be the way most folks describe the desire.

That's it?

That's it? Not dying is like a big thing man. It's not their fault you chose not to reap the benefits of gullibility. . .

But aside from that, it's also about having both a physical body and spirit that is not bound by evil impulses.

Even more so, it's about what the rapture signifies - the last call for you to believe, the final judgement of the wicked and everlasting peace.

AndyBoyd

***All doubt and uncertainty ended for those raptured.

Like Wendy, not trying to trap you. Just asking. I thought you and your friends and family and congregation were 100% convinced. What's up with the "doubt and uncertainty"? Do you have any of that?

Hell ya we do. Most of us are just like you, but choose to persevere and operate on faith. Do you have any idea how fucking hard that is?

In the the end, we won't have to deal with you guys "not trying to trap us."

Ah, what a relief!

:P

jclalor

******I'm trying to calculate the timing of the rapture. Which date should I input for "arrival of Antichrist"? 08 Nov 2016 or 20 Jan 2017?

Most believe the Antichrist will come from Turkey or one of the other Mideastern countries. It is still too soon to tell. Stay focused on Israel not America.

I thought you were thinking that last fall would be the end of the world?

Just curious, where did he ever say that? I can't seem to find it in a search.

AndyBoyd

***All doubt and uncertainty ended for those raptured.

That is a good question and I pondered it as well after my post.

Jesus Christ is the blessed hope and we worship God in spirit and in truth by faith by focusing on Jesus to see Christ. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

All Christians are still human beings in various stages of spiritual development. As such, no we are not always 100% convinced 100% of the time. When we pray and seek relationship with Christ we are reassured by the Holy Spirit. We experience righteousness, peace and joy in that relationship. That is our foundation for dealing with life.

As humans we drift. There are two aspects of the mind. One is ego generated and the other is the Holy Spirit. The former reinforces its illusions by attack. The latter guides to truth and happiness.

We are naturally more attached to our ego voice than to the voice of the Holy Spirit. Thus we have to carry our cross, we have to die daily. That is to say, we have to suffer our ego death daily.

If we are raptured in the big event we will know it is over. The need to die physically and daily to ego is over for all eternity. And, we know that we will not have to experience God's Wrath, not to be mistaken for the end of the world, which follows the Rapture and the opening of the seventh seal.

And, as a parachutist I would say that would be the ultimate yahoo experience.

Hope this helps, best I can do first thing in the morning on one cup of coffee.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

wmw999

For an individual, why would the rapture be better than simply dying and going to Heaven? Honest question; I'm not trying to trap you.

Wendy P.

For some people, getting old sucks. You have aches and pains, difficulty getting around, forgetting things, etc... To them, the Rapture sounds like a better way to go.

Just one viewpoint...

"The Book of Revelation, which is full of extraordinary imagery, describes a woman “clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head” who gives birth to a boy who will “rule all the nations with an iron scepter” while she is threatened by a red, seven-headed dragon. The woman then grows the wings of an eagle and is swallowed up by the earth."

Gary Ray might be a bit off his rocker as I think the story in Revelation points to Christ Birth more than to his second coming. The video attached is well worth watching to get the full context...however you can jump to 39:38 minutes of the video to get to the above referenced scripture.

Warning...the video might cause extreme reactions within the world view of an Atheist and/or their point of view, but I think with an open mind a person with no belief might gather additional knowledge that might be of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUlWa2r-bk&t=2378s

Most of my adult life, I've had the exact opposite from "christians".
Hatred indeed.

They laugh in my face with threats of an eternity in a lake of fire.
I have never threatened a christian.

Had a very very nice and caring christian friend spend a lot of time chatting with me this weekend regarding our polar opposite perspectives. Interesting how much shared love and respect for a fellow human helps.

I don't 'hate' people who fear death, I think it's funny to fear something we will all face. It's a part of life, accept it.

Hi Mark,

I don't 'hate' people who fear death, I think it's funny to fear something we will all face. It's a part of life, accept it.

^^^^^ This.

I am just like everyone else, you stick a gun in my face & I'll be scared. However, as I age, I am more accepting of death.

My bigger concern is laying around after a stroke, getting Alzheimer's, etc; I do not want to be a burden on my family or society.

About four weeks ago, Jim Schubert ( a jumper from the 'old days' ) died of a sudden, massive heart attack. While he was only 74, it is not a bad way to go.

Just my $0.02 on this,

Jerry Baumchen

Channman

"The Book of Revelation, which is full of extraordinary imagery, describes a woman “clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head” who gives birth to a boy who will “rule all the nations with an iron scepter” while she is threatened by a red, seven-headed dragon. The woman then grows the wings of an eagle and is swallowed up by the earth."

I wonder what "John" had been smoking.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Channman

Gary Ray might be a bit off his rocker as I think the story in Revelation points to Christ Birth more than to his second coming. The video attached is well worth watching to get the full context...however you can jump to 39:38 minutes of the video to get to the above referenced scripture.

Warning...the video might cause extreme reactions within the world view of an Atheist and/or their point of view, but I think with an open mind a person with no belief might gather additional knowledge that might be of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUlWa2r-bk&t=2378s

Thought this was a spoiler for Game of Thrones. Was gonna be pissed.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

Hey Jerry,

I will forever be envious of Johnny Gate's tracking into the sun at breakoff and dying of a heart attack at the same time.
Muff muff muff.

Mark

I knew Johnny and was deeply touched by his translation. If I was still jumping I'd pray for the rapture at every breakoff and try for the Rapture SCR Rating on the ascent.

kallend

The Book of Revelation, which is full of extraordinary imagery, describes a woman “clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head” who gives birth to a boy who will “rule all the nations with an iron scepter” while she is threatened by a red, seven-headed dragon. The woman then grows the wings of an eagle and is swallowed up by the earth.

Ray says that image will be created in the sky on Sept. 23. The constellation Virgo — representing the woman — will be clothed in sunlight, in a position that is over the moon and under nine stars and three planets. The planet Jupiter, which will have been inside Virgo — in her womb, in Ray’s interpretation — will move out of Virgo, as if she is giving birth.

Umm... but what does Ray say about the "red, seven-headed dragon" and the woman's wing-growing followed by being "swallowed up by the earth"? How will that be represented by/around the constellation of Virgo? Seems like a bit of cherry picking to me.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

normiss

You'd have to smoke a LOT of weed to get anywhere near Johnny's ascention. Well, more than you do now anyway.

26 March 2017, 34 years straight, clean and sober. Thank you Jesus.