kallend

Rapture imminent!

In certain religious communities, the talk surrounding the eclipse has to do with a different sort of preparation. Gary Ray isn’t worried about just travel plans and adequate eye protection. He’s focused on the Rapture.

Ray, a writer for the evangelical Christian publication Unsealed, views this eclipse as one of several astronomical signs that the day when Christians will be whisked away from the Earth is fast approaching.

“The Bible says a number of times that there’s going to be signs in the heavens before Jesus Christ returns to Earth. We see this as possibly one of those,” Ray said about the eclipse.

He is even more interested in another astronomical event that will occur 33 days after the eclipse, on Sept. 23, 2017.

The Book of Revelation, which is full of extraordinary imagery, describes a woman “clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head” who gives birth to a boy who will “rule all the nations with an iron scepter” while she is threatened by a red, seven-headed dragon. The woman then grows the wings of an eagle and is swallowed up by the earth.

Ray says that image will be created in the sky on Sept. 23. The constellation Virgo — representing the woman — will be clothed in sunlight, in a position that is over the moon and under nine stars and three planets. The planet Jupiter, which will have been inside Virgo — in her womb, in Ray’s interpretation — will move out of Virgo, as if she is giving birth.

Astronomers don’t see this as a particularly unusual event. But to Ray and others, it could be the sign that the Rapture is ready to happen: “We think it’s God signaling to us that he’s about to make his next move.”

And Ray thinks the two eclipses that are slated to travel across the United States in 2017 and 2024, together marking an X across the nation, could be the starting and ending signs bookmarking a seven-year period of awful tribulations that Revelations says waits in store for nonbelievers who are left behind on Earth when the Rapture occurs.

“That time frame is speculative, 2017 to 2024. But it makes a lot of sense. There are a lot of things that really point us to that,” he said.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

nolhtairt

I expect Ron to chime in here shortly. ;)

What would you like to know?

I have not had any interest in astronomy, or very much in astrology, during my lifetime. I found out about this phenomena a few months ago from an SF buddy who studies this sort of thing.

I am more interested in the attacks on Israel as an indicator.

If it happens during our lifetimes, what are you plans after the rapture?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Oh, BTW, I know of no scripture indicating the immanence of the rapture. We are simply instructed to look for signs.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***I expect Ron to chime in here shortly. ;)

What would you like to know?

I have not had any interest in astronomy, or very much in astrology, during my lifetime. I found out about this phenomena a few months ago from an SF buddy who studies this sort of thing.

I am more interested in the attacks on Israel as an indicator.

If it happens during our lifetimes, what are you plans after the rapture?

"Israel’s sophisticated Arrow anti-missile system has scored its first hit, taking down a surface-to-air missile fired from Syria, according to media reports.

The Jerusalem Post reports that the Arrow interceptor was used for the first time after Israeli fighter jets were targeted with Syrian anti-aircraft missiles during an operation over Syria.

Newspaper Haaretz said the interception took place north of Jerusalem. Israeli Channel 10 TV reports the Israeli military had been on a mission to destroy a weapons convoy destined for the Lebanese Hezbollah group, which is backed by Iran and fights alongside Syrian government forces.

Arrow provides the top layer of the country’s complex aerial defense system. Whereas the country’s Iron Dome system deals with short-range threats such as rockets, and David’s Sling is designed to tackle midrange threats, Arrow can take out targets outside Earth’s atmosphere."
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/17/israels-arrow-anti-missile-system-scores-first-hit.html

Must be a message in there somewhere?

There needs to be a rule where anyone predicting the "rapture" date certain and it doesn't happen on that date MUST kill himself.

Why?

Because that person has done harm to his fellow man.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

For $10k each (non-refundable) I, as a hell bound Christ denier, will take care of your pets post rapture until they die of natural causes.*

PM me, I take PayPal and cash.

*Payment must be made in full pre-rapture, date of rapture must be declared in advance, and if Payor fails to be raptured then Payor retains aforementioned pets and provides all care at Payor's expense, with no refunds. Not available in some states. No cash value. Hail Xenu!

theplummeter

For $10k each (non-refundable) I, as a hell bound Christ denier, will take care of your pets post rapture until they die of natural causes.*

Excellent! I'm caring for a family of rabid atheists. They only require a steady diet of babies. The $10k should be enough to fund the supply at your local planned parenthood.

sonnyblu

***For $10k each (non-refundable) I, as a hell bound Christ denier, will take care of your pets post rapture until they die of natural causes.*

Excellent! I'm caring for a family of rabid atheists. They only require a steady diet of babies. The $10k should be enough to fund the supply at your local planned parenthood.

We'll be in touch ;)

jakee

***Oh, BTW, I know of no scripture indicating the immanence of the rapture.

The rapture is pretty much the definition of immanence, isn't it?

Not in scriptural eschatology.

Marvin Rosenthal has been studying and writing on the subject for several years now. He favors a mid-Daniel week rapture as opposed to the popular pre-tribulation theory.

It will be an exciting time for us Christians. We all hope it will happen in our lifetimes.

For an individual, why would the rapture be better than simply dying and going to Heaven? Honest question; I'm not trying to trap you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

******Oh, BTW, I know of no scripture indicating the immanence of the rapture.

The rapture is pretty much the definition of immanence, isn't it?

Not in scriptural eschatology.

Marvin Rosenthal has been studying and writing on the subject for several years now. He favors a mid-Daniel week rapture as opposed to the popular pre-tribulation theory.

What does the timing of the rapture have to do with its immanence?

It will be an exciting time for us Christians. We all hope it will happen in our lifetimes.

Clearly that's not true.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

wmw999

For an individual, why would the rapture be better than simply dying and going to Heaven? Honest question; I'm not trying to trap you.

Wendy P.

Being caught up in the twinkling of an eye instead of experiencing physical death. That seems to be the way most folks describe the desire. All doubt and uncertainty ended for those raptured.

RMK

I'm trying to calculate the timing of the rapture. Which date should I input for "arrival of Antichrist"? 08 Nov 2016 or 20 Jan 2017?

Most believe the Antichrist will come from Turkey or one of the other Mideastern countries. It is still too soon to tell. Stay focused on Israel not America.

RonD1120

***I'm trying to calculate the timing of the rapture. Which date should I input for "arrival of Antichrist"? 08 Nov 2016 or 20 Jan 2017?

Most believe the Antichrist will come from Turkey or one of the other Mideastern countries. It is still too soon to tell. Stay focused on Israel not America.

I thought you were thinking that last fall would be the end of the world?

RonD1120

I misspelled the word in my first response. SAT, imminence not immanence.

Ah sorry, I thought a metaphysical scholar such as yourself would have noticed the difference. I dropped a heavy enough hint;)

Being caught up in the twinkling of an eye instead of experiencing physical death. That seems to be the way most folks describe the desire.

That's it? Everyone else has to live through the reign of the anti-christ and the end of the world just so they can not-die and go to heaven instead of die and go to heaven? Selfish pricks!:D

jclalor

******I'm trying to calculate the timing of the rapture. Which date should I input for "arrival of Antichrist"? 08 Nov 2016 or 20 Jan 2017?

I thought you were thinking that last fall would be the end of the world?

No, no, no, the end of the world comes 1K years after Christ's second advent.

jakee

***I misspelled the word in my first response. SAT, imminence not immanence.

Ah sorry, I thought a metaphysical scholar such as yourself would have noticed the difference. I dropped a heavy enough hint;)

You got me. You are the master in Dr Eric Berne's IGYSOB game.

RonD1120

******I misspelled the word in my first response. SAT, imminence not immanence.

You got me. You are the master in Dr Eric Berne's IGYSOB game.

Shouldn't that be IGYYSOB?:D:P