Phil1111

Judge blocks Trump's revised travel ban again!

billvon

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Well...sort of... Its more what is typical of what occurs in the human mind in tribal societies. A mass psychosis so to speak.

"a phenomenon that transmits collective illusions of threats, whether real or imaginary, through a population in society as a result of rumors and fear". So in basic terms a tribal leader orders his followers to attack another tribe and kill them all. Orders them to kill half of their own tribe because they are not true tribe members. That part of their tribe are enemies.

Its how Hitler labeled Jews as the reason why Germany was not the best country in the world. Why Germany was being held back. Today Muslims and non documented people are the reasons why the US can't be #1. Why the US is being held back.

Now the enemies within the tribe are democrats. They are so evil that even child molesters will be supported by the tribe if they will help defeat those who are so betraying to the GREAT,TRUE tribe.

It helps to use simple labels to help those with weak uninquisitive minds. To better identify the enemy, to target the people that have no rights.

"One of the most famous studies of obedience in psychology was carried out by Milgram (1963).

Stanley Milgram, a psychologist at Yale University, conducted an experiment focusing on the conflict between obedience to authority and personal conscience."
https://www.simplypsychology.org/milgram.html

Congratulations, we now have a full ban in effect that was intended to stop immigration for 6 months from specified countries while the executive branch reviewed our processes for safety. It only took them 9 months to get the hollow victory they needed in order to do so. Had they simply started with reviewing the process from the outset, we would have already had reviewed, "extreme vetting" processes in place on top of an already stringent process for the last 3 months.

A cheap and hollow "victory" for this dumpster fire administration so people like you can sit around and circle jerk yourselves on keeping America pure while ignoring the realities of facts surrounding this entire debacle.

melch

Congratulations, we now have a full ban in effect that was intended to stop immigration for 6 months from specified countries while the executive branch reviewed our processes for safety. It only took them 9 months to get the hollow victory they needed in order to do so. Had they simply started with reviewing the process from the outset, we would have already had reviewed, "extreme vetting" processes in place on top of an already stringent process for the last 3 months.

A cheap and hollow "victory" for this dumpster fire administration so people like you can sit around and circle jerk yourselves on keeping America pure while ignoring the realities of facts surrounding this entire debacle.

Are they "figuring out what's going on" now? I'm sure their fastidious efforts will bring an end to this issue.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

Given the current administrations international relations efforts, Trump is creating another and larger wave of hatred for the USA.
More terrorists will attack as a result.
Winning!

It will result in the further dumbing down of America.

"Canada's labour force is increasingly reliant on well-educated immigrants who are enjoying employment rates that are broadly in line with the national average.

The latest findings of the 2016 census provide an in-depth look at the national labour market, offering valuable data for government decision makers as well as Canadians looking to match their skills with jobs that are in demand.

It also shows that Canada has the highest proportion of college graduates among developed nations, partly because recent immigrants are especially well-educated. The percentage of all immigrants with a master's or doctorate degree is twice that of the Canadian-born population."
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/census-2016-education-labour-employment-mobility/article37122392/

College Students Set to Lose Several Big Tax Breaks Under GOP Tax Plan
http://time.com/money/5007540/gop-tax-plan-tax-breaks-college-students/

>It will result in the further dumbing down of America.

That works in so many ways for Trump. The uneducated are his strongest supporters; he actually acknowledged this in a speech - "I love the poorly educated." And ignorant people are a lot easier to manipulate. If you want someone to believe that climate change is a Chinese hoax, you don't want them knowing how to fact-check that.

Jerry,

I agree that even WW3 wouldn't be a good reason to keep Trump any longer than possible, I was just articulating the apparent thinking. Why else poke the hornets' nest by declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel? It doesn't make any sense to any rational person.

On the other hand, I'd rather have Pence than Trump any day of the week. Sure, he's a fundamentalist nutjob, but I think he has, at least once in his life, considered the fact that there are other people on the planet besides himself.

- Dan G

DanG

Jerry,

I agree that even WW3 wouldn't be a good reason to keep Trump any longer than possible, I was just articulating the apparent thinking. Why else poke the hornets' nest by declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel? It doesn't make any sense to any rational person.

On the other hand, I'd rather have Pence than Trump any day of the week. Sure, he's a fundamentalist nutjob, but I think he has, at least once in his life, considered the fact that there are other people on the planet besides himself.

There's no way he's getting the boot before the 2020 election, the best outcome is that the case will be in full swing 2019 and the GOP will run a different candidate.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DanG

Pro: Pence actually has an education in the law, and experience as a governor. And he is not an insane moron.

Con: Since he is not insane, he could probably actually get his right-wing agenda into law.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Given that the republicans are giving Trump basically whatever he wants, just so long as it pisses off a liberal, I'm not sure that Pence's likely greater effectiveness would be that much worse. Because, while he'd get more stuff done, less of it would be as appalling.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ryoder

Pro: Pence actually has an education in the law, and experience as a governor. And he is not an insane moron.

Con: Since he is not insane, he could probably actually get his right-wing agenda into law.

Well we have to weigh the options:

trump:
-insane moron
-insane moron who trades insults with another nuclear armed moron.
-insults every ally that the US has.
-befriends every enemy that the US has in order to get personal hotels built.
OK..,..OK, debate moot.

billvon

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

You bet! Did you see all the new stories the night of the election that said Trump was going to get slaughtered? I saw them two! So you're right, never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Did you see all the new stories the night of the election that said Trump was going to get
> slaughtered?

Yep. They foolishly assumed more intelligence in the populace than existed. In other words, they underestimated the power of stupid people in large groups.

"I love the poorly educated!"

rushmc

You bet! Did you see all the new stories the night of the election that said Trump was going to get slaughtered? I saw them two! So you're right, never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people

And now all of America gets to pay for this stupidity. And the rest of the world too, potentially.

Lawndarter

And now all of America gets to pay for this stupidity. And the rest of the world too, potentially.

Actually, given the BS he has had to deal with, he's doing just fine!

The stupidity I see are those bitching about him and under estimating him. There are a lot of them on this site here.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Actually, given the BSE has to deal with,

He has mad cow disease? That does explain a lot...

he's doing just fine!

When you preface that with 'considering xyz' it's a tacit admission that he's actually not doing fine. Why else would you need to set the bar artificially low?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Actually, given the BS he has had to deal with, he's doing just fine!

Yep. An administration facing a criminal investigation, four administration officials arrested for their crimes, two facing long jail terms after they lied about Trump's collusion with Russia, Mueller slowly working up the food chain . . . . he's doing "fine."

You just keep those GOP blinders on and keep rejecting anything factual. I imagine facing the truth at this point would be too painful for you to deal with.

billvon

>Actually, given the BS he has had to deal with, he's doing just fine!

Yep. An administration facing a criminal investigation, four administration officials arrested for their crimes, two facing long jail terms after they lied about Trump's collusion with Russia, Mueller slowly working up the food chain . . . . he's doing "fine."

You just keep those GOP blinders on and keep rejecting anything factual. I imagine facing the truth at this point would be too painful for you to deal with.

No major legislation passed (until this week), no major campaign promises kept, poll numbers the lowest in modern history, ect.

He's doing grrrrrrrreat!!!
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

What legislation actually passed? Did I miss something?
Let me get another beer first.....

The Republican tax plan is broadly unpopular in recent polls, with just 29% of U.S. adults saying they approved of it and 56% disapproving in a recent Gallup poll. That’s driven largely by Democrats and independents, who overwhelmingly disapprove, while Republicans approved of the bill by 70% in that same poll.
http://time.com/5050258/donald-trump-republican-tax-plan-popular/

I a way it would be better for trump to get the bill passed. Its akin to the Jonestown, Guyana, Kool-aid. It brought everything to a end quickly. Like the followers of Jones, the tax bill will kill all those that drink of the alter of the large corporate cash cow. Come midterms and November 3, 2020.