Phil1111

FBI, Wiretaps, Trump

quade

***However, if I attract you to my topic it is a troll. Why is that?

Because you're off topic. In this case wildly so.

Straying far afield of the topic of a thread is an indicator of trollish behavior. Everyone does it on occasion. You tend to do it quite a bit and somehow frequently ends up in religious discussions.

Feel free to make your own topics with regard to religion.
Try to NOT interfere with others discussing other topics.

Ah, hah!
Thank you for that clarification. It is difficult for me not to think in spiritual and psychological patterns.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

GeorgiaDon

My goal is to be so in tune with Jesus Christ that when the big event occurs I won't even notice. Do you think I can?

I think you're more likely to be in for a rude shock. The opinions you regularly post here do little to bring Christ to mind, at least from my perspective. I doubt that Christ's intent was that we think only of ourselves and say "fuck you, I got mine" to the rest of the world.

Don

I agree with you. Would you like to start a new topic?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Would you like to start a new topic?

Not especially. That would be even more of a waste of time than the usual "pissing in the wind" that goes on here. You are very unlikely to change your attitude, and I'm unlikely to ever understand your perspective.

Hopefully you are taking advantage of this non-winter to get out on your motorcycle.

Don

RonD1120

******My goal is to be so in tune with Jesus Christ that when the big event occurs I won't even notice. Do you think I can?

Given your posting history, I am pretty sure that your heart and soul died a long time ago. My guess is, no, you won't notice.

I am forgiven, guilt free and have life assurance in Christ.

So can you.

I don't need his assurance, soon I will have TrumpCare.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

GeorgiaDon

Not especially. That would be even more of a waste of time than the usual "pissing in the wind" that goes on here. You are very unlikely to change your attitude, and I'm unlikely to ever understand your perspective.

Hopefully you are taking advantage of this non-winter to get out on your motorcycle.

Don

Not yet, winter returned to the mountains this morning.

PS. I am putting in some serious study into the work of David R Hawkins, MD, PhD on the levels of consciousness in conjunction with A Course In Miracles.

RonD1120

Don

Not yet, winter returned to the mountains this morning.

PS. I am putting in some serious study into the work of David R Hawkins, MD, PhD on the levels of consciousness in conjunction with A Course In Miracles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kmq9uM4Mq0

So lean upon him gently
And don't call on him to save you
From your social graces
And the sins you used to waive, you used to waive

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I've often been intrigued and perplexed with this so-called christian attitude.
Even murderers have that "I have a clean soul and am forgiven" approach.
Preachers busted with drugs, children, hookers, other women, but they are clean. Even that preachers wife that tried to seduce me - she was beautifully distracting and confused. I was embarrassed for her, told her so, so she prayed. I'm sure that helped. :S

Bullshit. Thinking this invisible force in your heart is redeeming you for being a dick on earth...just isn't right.
When atheists live life more christian than christians do, you really gotta wonder what the purpose of the insanity of religion actually is.

There's a real thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning!
It's wrong.
Just be a good person and stop being a dick to others on the same journey!

normiss

I've often been intrigued and perplexed with this so-called christian attitude.
Even murderers have that "I have a clean soul and am forgiven" approach.
Preachers busted with drugs, children, hookers, other women, but they are clean.

Even that preachers wife that tried to seduce me - she was beautifully distracting and confused. I was embarrassed for her, told her so, so she prayed. I'm sure that helped. :S

Bullshit. Thinking this invisible force in your heart is redeeming you for being a dick on earth...just isn't right.
When atheists live life more christian than christians do, you really gotta wonder what the purpose of the insanity of religion actually is.

There's a real thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning!
It's wrong.
Just be a good person and stop being a dick to others on the same journey!

I think the message of Christ is simple enough to appeal to all walks of life whether rich, poor, retarded, genius, whatever regardless of your level of morality at any given stage of your life. Bad habits just die hard.

However, it does seem that some of the most troubled souls in our society tend to have a propensity toward Christianity, at least once their lifestyle has brought then to ruin. This is inline with the following:

Luke 5:32:
"I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent."

Mark 2:12:
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Now maybe you ARE the healthy one, but wouldn't it be kinda of a dickish move to jump on your high horse and judge those that aren't?

From what I can tell, Ron seems to have repented from a destructive life of drugs and alcohol. What else can you accuse Him of other than voicing his opinion on some internet forum?

Are you 100% clean of drugs and alcohol?

normiss

Even that preachers wife that tried to seduce me - she was beautifully distracting and confused. I was embarrassed for her, told her so, so she prayed. I'm sure that helped. :S

It probably helped more than you did!

Here's a person that you were embarrassed for. You knew she was confused, but apparently the only option your 'righteous" atheism allowed for was to say "I told you so" and mock her religion simply because you hate christianity? Sounds like a dickish move to me.

Personally, I think there is more to that story than you're telling us. Either that, or she was just merely flirting with you, and now you're blowing it out of proportion.

Btw, what is it with all the atheist types trying to use religion to control the political beliefs of others. Seems kinda hypocritical.

Dontcha think?

Btw, what is it with all the atheist types trying to use religion to control the political beliefs of others. Seems kinda hypocritical.

Dontcha think?

I think you've had to go to a lot of effort to twist the words of the person you're responding to in order to be able to make that statement. Which, when you recognise that, makes it rather pointless.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

DJL

Directed to no one in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=191kow6kLUM

Thx and I coincidentally agree about the Mormons.

"A recent poll by the Public Religion Research Institute and Brookings has shown that 72 percent of evangelicals believe that an immoral person can nonetheless behave ethically when fulfilling public duties, a stunning increase from only 30 percent five years ago....

For Mormons, the importance of personal rectitude is paramount—including, and perhaps even especially, for elected leaders.

Mormon scripture, for example, includes this statement, believed by Mormons to be the literal word of God,

“When the wicked rule, the people mourn. Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil.”
http://www.newsweek.com/why-mormons-reject-donald-trump-517106

"Trump, for his part, has tried harder to appeal to Mormon sensibilities since invoking his Muslim ban, launching a series of attacks on opponents that cast them as somehow un-Mormon. Last Friday, the Republican front-runner tweeted disparaging remarks about Senator Ted Cruz. Trump, who claims to be Presbyterian, said Cruz “should not be allowed to win” Tuesday’s Utah caucus because his views are out-of-step with the roughly 60 percent of the state’s population that identifies as Mormon.

“Mormons don't like LIARS!” Trump tweeted.

Hours later, Trump questioned the Mormon piety of Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and two-time GOP presidential candidate who also happens to be a devout member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). Romney, who won a whopping 93 percent of the vote in the 2012 Utah caucus, came out against Trump early March, calling him “a phony, a fraud.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/donald-trump-gop-mormon-vote-utah/474819/

"Here's the exchange, in Coppins' own words:

When I interviewed him in 2014, he argued vigorously — despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary — that Mitt Romney lost the 2012 election because many Christian voters were put off by his alien faith. Eventually, I had to to interrupt him.

“I’m actually Mormon,” I said.

He raised his eyebrows. “You are?”

He promptly recalibrated, telling me about a Jewish friend (“great guy, rich guy”) who had moved to Utah and fallen in love with the local creedal breed. “You know,” he said, “people don’t understand the Mormon thing. I do. I get it. They are great people!”...

"However, the Church is not neutral on its stance of its members' involvement in politics and their local communities. No matter a member's country or political affiliation, the Church encourages them to "play a role as responsible citizens in their communities," become "informed about issues" and world events, and "vot[e] in elections" when they are given the opportunity."
http://www.ldsliving.com/What-Trump-Told-One-Reporter-What-He-Thought-About-Mormons/s/81085

So for Mormons Integrity is key. For "72 percent of evangelicals" any lying, cheating, immoral and adulterous, racist, bigot, will do.

As long as he can keep America Christian, White and the poor in their place.

jakee

Dontcha think?

I think you've had to go to a lot of effort to twist the words of the person you're responding to in order to be able to make that statement. Which, when you recognise that, makes it rather pointless.

I was personally rather befuddled and dumbfounded simultaneously by that statement. First I doubt such suggestions of trumps character are going to change the minds of any of his "true believers". Let alone control their political beliefs. Be they religious, or not, HRC haters, bigots, etc.

trump supporters are always welcome to argue, to debate, his policies on the factual merits. To the benefit of the USA, the economy,draining the swamp, maintaining white Christian values......

The opposite of bad is not Christian

The opposite is also a good assertion: The opposite of Christian is not bad.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Wendy P.

It's amazing that people think that if there wasn't the bible then there wouldn't be morality. As if all those places in the world where Christianity didn't and doesn't exist lack any sort of moral structure.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

Wendy P.

It's amazing that people think that if there wasn't the bible then there wouldn't be morality. As if all those places in the world where Christianity didn't and doesn't exist lack any sort of moral structure.

If some ancient, barely coherent book is what you claim is keeping you from being a terrible person, I have some bad news. You ARE a terrible person.

Lawndarter

Wendy P.

If some ancient, barely coherent book is what you claim is keeping you from being a terrible person, I have some bad news. You ARE a terrible person.

Yeah, but you can do bad and then just swipe the Jesus Credit Card and it all goes away.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher