2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Phil1111

Trump did drop a dime to Putin on the airstrikes. That must count for something.

It would have been very foolish not to inform the Russians under the circumstances. Actually, more than just foolish, dangerous.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>You are half right. Putin's goal was to undermine and weaken his eventual
>adversary, Clinton.

Correct. He wanted Trump in office, because Trump would let him get away with far more.

Are you talking about Trump's reset button? Or Trump's idle "Red Line" threat? Or how Trump refused to take action against Russia's ally Syria for war crimes? Oh you must mean when he told Russia "I will have more flexibility after my election". Or when Putin told him not to deploy a European missile defense system and he complied?

brenthutch

***>You are half right. Putin's goal was to undermine and weaken his eventual
>adversary, Clinton.

Correct. He wanted Trump in office, because Trump would let him get away with far more.

Are you talking about Trump's reset button? Or Trump's idle "Red Line" threat? Or how Trump refused to take action against Russia's ally Syria for war crimes? Oh you must mean when he told Russia "I will have more flexibility after my election". Or when Putin told him not to deploy a European missile defense system and he complied?

I didn't know Obama was running for President in the last election.

SkyDekker

******>You are half right. Putin's goal was to undermine and weaken his eventual
>adversary, Clinton.

No the architect of his "Russian Reset" was.

brenthutch

*********>You are half right. Putin's goal was to undermine and weaken his eventual
>adversary, Clinton.

No the architect of his "Russian Reset" was.

So your argument is that Clinton has been very good to Russia and therefore there is no possibility that Putin/Russia favoured Trump over Clinton?

Based on all the subsequent (circumstantial) evidence that has since come out, that is still your position?

brenthutch

Do you mean how Trump just signed off on Montenegro's joining of NATO?

Yes that is very, very surprising. Seems as if trump wanted to deliberately stick it to Putin.

The benefits, like that of the Baltic states. Flows solely to Montenegro. But it does provide that small country with protection from the sole aggressor state in the area, Russia.

Phil1111

***Do you mean how Trump just signed off on Montenegro's joining of NATO?

Yes that is very, very surprising. Seems as if trump wanted to deliberately stick it to Putin.

The benefits, like that of the Baltic states. Flows solely to Montenegro. But it does provide that small country with protection from the sole aggressor state in the area, Russia.

It weakens Russian political influence in their "near abroad" and brings Russia arch nemesis NATO closer to its borders. Hardly a Russian friendly move.

brenthutch

******Do you mean how Trump just signed off on Montenegro's joining of NATO?

It weakens Russian political influence in their "near abroad" and brings Russia arch nemesis NATO closer to its borders. Hardly a Russian friendly move.

Not only that but the timing is stupid. That is not how you deal with Putin if you are serious about Syria. Like trump could not wait a week.

Russia is paranoid about NATO because Russia is really the founding adversary for the organization. Montenegro is a pipsqueak country but the treat that Russia perceives is the stationing of NATO troops in the border countries.

Tillerson better put on the charm if he asks Russia for something.

brenthutch

Carter Page is a member of the Trump administration? Until you can show me some influence over actual policy this will continue to be a nothing burger.

Carter Page was an early advisor on Foreign Policy brought into the campaign by Jeff Sessions.

Carter Page in a speech also referenced the Rosneft deal prior to the Steele Dossier coming out. He acknowledged meeting Rosneft prior to the dossier coming out. he has denied it ever since.

RT caries the same interview, but has the admission "voiced over".

Phil1111

*********Do you mean how Trump just signed off on Montenegro's joining of NATO?

Not only that but the timing is stupid. That is not how you deal with Putin if you are serious about Syria. Like trump could not wait a week.

Russia is paranoid about NATO because Russia is really the founding adversary for the organization. Montenegro is a pipsqueak country but the treat that Russia perceives is the stationing of NATO troops in the border countries.

Tillerson better put on the charm if he asks Russia for something.

He must have considering he is meeting with Putin himself.

brenthutch

***FISA warrant on Carter Page being renewed multiple times means it was producing evidence.
In March, Trump announced Carter Page, PhD as a member of his foreign policy team.
He was an acting foreign agent.

Apparently the two never even met.

Putin and Page likely never met either.

Clearly that means that Page could never be an agent for Russia.