2 2
billvon

Russiagate

wmw999

I don't remember a collision, either.

That said, she said that in May, and the whole point of the FBI investigation is to determine if there is evidence, and collect it. If she had evidence, she'd be part of the investigation, wouldn't she?

The second part of her statement was that connecting the dots probably wouldn't be that hard.

Just consider that there are probably police officers who think that there's evidence worth investigating. So, now, do you automatically believe the police officers? :) Or only when it's against someone resisting arrest?

Wendy P.

It has been almost a year Wendy.
Nothing has been found or it would have been leaked.

The only coullusion we have evidence for is from the Dems concerning Fusion GPS and the pee pee doc.

And that investigation has started finally.

The uranium sale is not done yet either.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Just out of curiosity, do you think that this deal was actually a sale of Uranium from within our borders to Russia?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

CaseyHeart

Two people were indicted for being crooks. If I'm reading all this right they were being investigated for this stuff before Trump was even a candidate.

That's what I love about this reality TV show. If I were the writer, I'd use this investigation to make Mueller the greatest American hero of all time and smoke out the whole fucking lot of them - everyone - all the launderers and crooked lobbyists on both sides.

In a "real world," Trump would fall, along with Hillary when all said and done . . .I mean, if those damning emails that Trump was trying to get his hands on really exist, then it's only a matter of time - and they'd both be history.

Mueller for President - perfect ending.

I LOVE the way you think. Sick Mueller on Wall street after he is done with Washington.

Want to drain the swamp. Put special investigators in charge. Just to imagine that a lying, crooked, NY politician is going to clean up the political. Its a ludicrous idea.

You could put 1/2 of the Washington politicians in jail just by looking at the private flights on lobbyists private jets that they fail to declare at full market value.

"A recent poll published by the American Psychological Association finds 59 percent of Americans surveyed think this is the lowest point in the nation's history that they can remember.

A slightly larger percentage, 63 percent, say they are stressed about the nation's future, according to the poll."
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/358160-poll-most-say-this-is-the-lowest-point-in-us-history

normiss

I'm pretty curious about Hope Hicks testifying.
That might be interesting. Some speculation is she is Trump's current affair. I expect she's already in over her head.

I feel sorry for this girl. She has a dream come true job but she's hitched to the wrong horse.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

I'm pretty curious about Hope Hicks testifying.
That might be interesting. Some speculation is she is Trump's current affair. I expect she's already in over her head.

Hard to say yes or now on that one. trump calls her "Hopie"

"Hicks boasts a rather cozy, father-daughter–style relationship with Trump . . . and is paid accordingly.Trump has a collection of cutesy nicknames for Hicks, including Hopester and Hopie (according to the Times, Hicks had a thank-you note from Trump in her office that read, “Hopie—you’re the greatest!”). She is roundly characterized as a veritable Trump whisperer (she reportedly knows not to disturb him when he’s watching golf), a confidante and right-hand woman who “totally understands” him, and a loyalist who has earned his complete trust, which he appears to dole out with the intensity of a mob boss. According to Politico, Hicks defended Trump at a wedding in Bermuda last year when she heard guests lamenting his election win, saying, “I promise, he’s a good person!” Unlike most every other member of his staff except Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner, Hicks is believed to be “untouchable.”

Hicks also makes the maximum salary for a White House staffer—$179,700, the same as chief strategist Steve Bannon."...

per the Times, Hicks soon “found herself a near-constant presence by Mr. Trump’s side, flying in his jet, living rent-free in a Trump-owned apartment, and attending to his mercurial moods.” (Sounds like every woman’s dream job.)
https://www.vogue.com/article/hope-hicks-white-house-communications-director

If she's his latest, then the power differential isn't much different from Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky. And just as wrong.

If she isn't, then she's one strong lady, and probably has worked hard and capitalized on being in the right place at the right time. Which makes her no different from all his other goobers.

I really, really, really, don't want to see all the bleating that would go along with another staffer-harrassment-I-didn't-have-sex-with-her set of hearings.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

billvon

The only coullusion we have evidence for is from the Dems concerning Fusion GPS and the pee pee doc.

[tm]
Crooked repubs give dems a hard time. Mueller gives crooked repubs jail time! Keep draining the swamp!
[/tm]

like I stated, you have not seen any evidence to support a trump collusion claim.
Abraham Lincoln

Really!

We will see once the informant gets his chance to speak to Congress

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=lf_5Wbr3JMrXjwSptpnICw&q=FBI+informant+has+nondisclosure+lifted+&oq=FBI+informant+has+nondisclosure+lifted+&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.2455.21814.0.22092.50.40.0.0.0.0.1030.7197.2-1j4j1j4j2j1.13.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..37.10.5295.0..0j35i39k1j0i131k1j33i13i21k1j33i21k1.0._kLc0jpui5k
Abraham Lincoln

Latest Russian colluder - Sam Clovis, Trump's campaign co-chairman.
==============================================
Reports: Iowan Sam Clovis encouraged Papadopoulos' Russia meeting
Brianne Pfannenstiel
Des Moines Register

Sam Clovis, an Iowa political operative and Donald Trump's presidential campaign co-chairman, encouraged a low-level campaign representative to pursue a meeting with Russian officials.

"Make the trip, if it is feasible," Clovis wrote in an email to George Papadopoulos, according to court papers unsealed Monday.

Those court records do not name Clovis, but his attorney confirmed Clovis' identity to NBC News Tuesday.

Papadopoulos at the time was serving as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign and had repeatedly offered to broker meetings between Russian officials and members of the campaign.

"I am willing to make the trip off the record if it's in the interest of Mr. Trump and the campaign to meet specific people," he wrote in a June 19 email, prompting Clovis' reply.

The emails were among court documents that showed Papadopoulos pleaded guilty earlier this month to making false statements and material omissions to the FBI about his communications with the Russians.
================================================

Mueller is being wiley in how he handles witnesses testifying. Clovis was (apparently) 100% cooperative, and will likely not face charges. Papadopoulos cooperated after he was caught lying about Russian collusion, and will likely serve a short - 6 months or so - jail term.

Now Manafort is looking at 20+ years in jail for his crimes. Will he cooperate with investigators and get the six month option? Or will he "roll the dice" on a pardon? That's looking less likely, with Trump throwing him under the bus almost instantly ("eh, he didn't do that much for us, and his crimes had nothing at all to do with us") and with Arpaio being denied the chance to delete the charges against him after his pardon.

So Papadopoulous, who has admitted to trying to collude with Russia, has been thrown under the bus by Trump and his fellow Trumpians. "He was a low level volunteer." "He just got coffee." "His role was extremely limited."

But his work history paints a different picture. As a Trump campaign representative, he met with both the Greek foreign minister and a representative of the British Foreign Office - and told him he had "contacts at the senior level of the Russian government." He also set up meetings with Russians in an attempt to exploit those contacts. And this whole time he was sending emails to others in the campaign about those emails. Throughout those emails, he got a lot of advice from other members. "Say X when you talk to representatives." "Don't say Y when you talk to them." But not once did he get an email from anyone on the campaign saying anything like "who are you and why are you meeting with the Greek foreign minister?" He was an accepted part of Trump's team, and was on his foreign policy council. (Which Trump would be trying to deny as well - but Trump himself tweeted out a picture of Papadopoulos sitting with Trump in a meeting of that council.)

So Trump's attempt to paint him as "not part of the campaign" is likely going to fail.

billvon

So Papadopoulous, who has admitted to trying to collude with Russia, has been thrown under the bus by Trump and his fellow Trumpians. "He was a low level volunteer." "He just got coffee." "His role was extremely limited."

But his work history paints a different picture. As a Trump campaign representative, he met with both the Greek foreign minister and a representative of the British Foreign Office - and told him he had "contacts at the senior level of the Russian government." He also set up meetings with Russians in an attempt to exploit those contacts. And this whole time he was sending emails to others in the campaign about those emails. Throughout those emails, he got a lot of advice from other members. "Say X when you talk to representatives." "Don't say Y when you talk to them." But not once did he get an email from anyone on the campaign saying anything like "who are you and why are you meeting with the Greek foreign minister?" He was an accepted part of Trump's team, and was on his foreign policy council. (Which Trump would be trying to deny as well - but Trump himself tweeted out a picture of Papadopoulos sitting with Trump in a meeting of that council.)

So Trump's attempt to paint him as "not part of the campaign" is likely going to fail.

True - but his easily led base will believe him, and that's all that matters.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

billvon

He was an accepted part of Trump's team, and was on his foreign policy council. (Which Trump would be trying to deny as well - but Trump himself tweeted out a picture of Papadopoulos sitting with Trump in a meeting of that council.)

You mean the coffee boy doesn't sit at the table with the others?

like this?

and this?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not much doubt that this is Trump's worst week to date in his presidency, with a former campaign official confessing to lying about attempted collusion with Russia and two others - including his former campaign chair - arrested and facing decades in prison. Hard to imagine things getting much worse, at least until impeachment proceedings begin.

But I've heard that before. Cale Weissman of FastCompany did a compendium of some of his other worst weeks to date:

====================
February 17: A mere five weeks after being inaugurated, US News called this week Donald Trump’s worst as more than a few of his nominees were shot down and the call for more information about his campaign’s collision with Russia began.

May 16: After James Comey revealed that Trump asked him last year to halt Mike Flynn’s investigation, Julian Zelizer wrote for CNN that this was “Trump’s worst week in politics, and that’s saying a lot.”

May 20: Russian tensions are getting higher, and it becomes known that the government has determined a “person of interest” inside the White House who may have colluded with Russia. This, with Trump’s sinking numbers, allows Reuters to dub it as “Trump’s Worst Week.”

June 19: Cillizza: “Donald Trump had the absolute worst week in Washington.” This is due to the Russian investigation. At the time, it was just revealed that Trump himself is under investigation.

July 29: After getting flak for turning a Boy Scouts youth rally into a political soapbox as well as encouraging police officers at another event to increase brutality, the Guardian dubbed this week “the worst week in Trump’s short presidency.”

August 3: In the Washington Post, Charles Krauthammer wrote that, after the insane rise and fall of Anthony Scaramucci, this first week in August was “Donald Trump’s worst week.”

August 18: Two weeks later and, what do you know, another worst week. This time it’s from NBC News, who deemed his Charlottesville response worthy of the now-too-used descriptor of “Trump’s worst week.”

What’s next?

We’re not even a year into this presidency—there will surely be more.
=======================================

And that was written in August. He didn't know how right he was. And as bad as this week has been for Trump, it's almost a certainty that things will get worse.

Yep. It was a simpler time, when the worst things the republicans could say about Obama was:

he wore a tan suit
he mispronounced "corpsman"
he didn't hold his own umbrella
he and his wife did a "terrorist fist jab" on stage
his wife exposed her arms
he likes Dijon mustard
he put his feet up on the desk
he used a paper clip on a bill he was signing

If Obama had only colluded with Russia, supported white supremacist murderers, pardoned his criminal allies and had his foreign policy advisors confess to felonies against the USA - he might have gotten more of their support.

The latest Trumpie to fall under Mueller's investigation:

Sam Clovis has withdrawn from consideration for the position of Chief Scientist at the FDA. You might think his lack of any scientific qualification whatsoever had something to do with this, but of course incompetence for any prospective member of the Trump administration is a selling point, not a negative. No, what led to this was his close association with Papadopoulous, including approving several of his decisions.

And of course he cried about it, blaming "the political climate" rather than his own poor judgment and incompetence for the decision. "The political climate inside Washington has made it impossible for me to receive balanced and fair consideration for this position. The relentless assaults on you [Trump] and your team seem to be a blood sport that only increases in intensity each day."

billvon

The latest Trumpie to fall under Mueller's investigation:

Sam Clovis has withdrawn from consideration for the position of Chief Scientist at the FDA. You might think his lack of any scientific qualification whatsoever had something to do with this, but of course incompetence for any prospective member of the Trump administration is a selling point, not a negative. No, what led to this was his close association with Papadopoulous, including approving several of his decisions.

And of course he cried about it, blaming "the political climate" rather than his own poor judgment and incompetence for the decision. "The political climate inside Washington has made it impossible for me to receive balanced and fair consideration for this position. The relentless assaults on you [Trump] and your team seem to be a blood sport that only increases in intensity each day."

He's not the only hopelessly unqualified Trump appointee:

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-other-huge-scandal-mueller-brought-to-light-this-week/2017/11/01/5e05a458-bf4c-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?undefined=&utm_term=.b367df01859d&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

I suspect House of Cards would have been cancelled anyway, since the real White House is far more entertaining.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And today -

Looks like Sessions got caught in a few lies about his involvement with the Russian collusion case. From CNN:

======================
Washington - Attorney General Jeff Sessions is once again under scrutiny on Capitol Hill regarding his candor about Russia and the Trump campaign amid revelations that he rejected a suggestion to convene a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump last year.

According to court filings unsealed this week, Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos suggested at a March 2016 meeting that he could use his connections to set up a meeting between Putin and Trump with the then-GOP candidate's national security team. An Instagram picture on Trump's account shows Sessions attended the meeting at which Papadopoulos made the suggestion.

After Trump declined to rule out the idea, Sessions weighed in and rejected the proposed meeting, according to a person who attended.

But Sessions, who was a top surrogate for Trump during the campaign, did not disclose these discussions despite a persistent set of questions from Democrats and some Republicans about Russia during multiple hearings on Capitol Hill. The new information is renewing attention to how forthcoming Sessions has been with Congress.
=========================

Looks like trouble for Sessions, who is already on Trump's "naughty" list.

DJL

Just out of curiosity, do you think that this deal was actually a sale of Uranium from within our borders to Russia?

No. But we do know that some went to Canada, the Europe and then from there no one knows
Abraham Lincoln