2 2
billvon

Russiagate

It's been clear for a while (to me, at least) that Manafort would be the first to go down, and his little underling is being indicted most likely to roll on Manafort and anyone else.

Trump, the total loser he is, will likely wind up implicating himself in something before long.

And the uranium story, I can't believe anyone is dumb enough to fall for something like that.

Lawndarter

It's been clear for a while (to me, at least) that Manafort would be the first to go down, and his little underling is being indicted most likely to roll on Manafort and anyone else.

Trump, the total loser he is, will likely wind up implicating himself in something before long.

And the uranium story, I can't believe anyone is dumb enough to fall for something like that.

Nobody, NOBODY, unites "trump conservatives" like HRC. At least the remaining 38, and shrinking,percent.

Top excuses Huckabee may use today (my predictions) -

1. This has NOTHING TO DO with Trump or the administration! I don't know why you are even talking about it.

2. Crooked Hillary Clinton - lock her up! Uranium! Weinstein! Uh . . Kevin Spacey!

3. Evil liberal press etc etc.

4. Manafort actually worked for Obama.

5. Paul who?

Interesting wording in Manafort's charges caught my eye "together with others".
The pleas deal Popadopolpus [spelling?] already made are also interesting.
Oh - and Fox "news" is reporting on a cheeseburger emoji crisis.

But after that amazing World Series game last night, I'm running on very little sleep today. Waking Skymama at 1:45 am screaming at the finish was not a good move. :):D

yoink

***Top excuses Huckabee may use today (my predictions) -

1. This has NOTHING TO DO with Trump or the administration! I don't know why you are even talking about it.

It doesn't - at the moment.

They'll probably use this as leverage for other stuff. It is important to clarify that the charges currently have nothing to do with the campaign. That is if these guys don't end up with a sudden heart condition or whatever Putin's guys serve up in the Gulag.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******Top excuses Huckabee may use today (my predictions) -

It doesn't - at the moment.

They'll probably use this as leverage for other stuff. It is important to clarify that the charges currently have nothing to do with the campaign.

Precisely. The left need to make sure they don't get all gloaty just yet. As far as I'm concerned it's still mostly a nothingburger, but like you say it may well shake loose a few new things. Those are what I'll be interested in.

Story background:

===========================
Trump's Former Foreign Policy Adviser Pleads Guilty To Lying To The FBI
NPR
October 30, 2017

George Papadopoulos, who worked for President Trump's campaign as a foreign policy adviser, has pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents about meeting a professor with Russian ties who had promised to provide "dirt" on Trump's Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

Papadopoulos, 30, pleaded guilty on Oct. 5, in an agreement that is only being unsealed on Monday after Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort was taken into federal custody, indicted along with his top deputy on charges that range from conspiracy against the United States to conspiracy to launder money.
. . . .
Papadopoulos told agents that the professor had told him the Russians had "dirt" on Hillary Clinton, according to court documents. He met with the professor around March 14, after joining the Trump campaign, the Justice Department says. More than a month later, the professor told Papadopoulos that the damaging information was in the form of "thousands of emails."
. . .
The charge against Papadopoulos carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. In the plea deal, the government agrees to reduce its sentencing recommendation under federal sentencing guidelines, dropping from a 6 to a 4 on its scale of base offense levels. It will be up to a court to determine the severity of Papadopoulos' punishment.
=============================

Sounds like the first of many.

>It doesn't - at the moment.

I'd say that Trump's campaign chairman being charged with being a Ukranian agent and laundering money from Russia has something to do with the Trump campaign's dealings with Russia. How much it has to do with it remains to be seen - but "nothing" really isn't an option any more.

From Papadopoulos, an admission that the campaign was trying to hide their contacts with Russia:

“We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips [to Russia.] It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal.”

I bet he regrets saying this now.

@newtgingrich: "Nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to really help get this [Trump] campaign to where it is right now."
7:08 PM - 19 Aug 2016

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, now an official of the campaign has pled guilty to lying to investigators about the campaign's relationship and contact with Putin's people. That's a pretty juicy patty on the now something burger. And the Manafort/Gates charges are looking like some tasty cheese and special sauce.

A burger we can all dig into! I wonder who will supply the lettuce and tomato soon?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Sanders is stuffing Papadopoulos under the bus just as fast as she can move her lips:

==========
White House press secretary Sanders again described former foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos as a junior player on the campaign team, calling him a "member of a volunteer counsel that met one time over the course of a year."
==========

"George who?"

Up next - "yeah, we really had no idea what he was working on. What's that? You say he was meeting with Russians? News to us!"

>The FBI have his emails to the campagim telling them all about it

And Trump himself tweeted out a picture of him, Papadopoulos and Sessions sitting at a table, with the heading "National Security Meeting."

It might turn out that tweeting so much isn't the best plan ever.