2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

Two different things. Not surprised the idiots at Breitbart and those who read their "reporting" can't figure that out.

You are funny when you squirm:D

Trump said "Obama had my “wires tapped” in Trump Tower just before the victory" - that's a quote from his Tweet.

What's being reported is that the FBI got a court order to tap Paul Manafort's wires - that's very much not the same thing as Obama tapping Trumps wires in Trump tower. :S

from what can gather, the Breitbart article pretty much says nothing. And I am pretty sure that CNN did NOT report that the trump campaign was wiretapped. I am pretty sure that they reported that PAUL MANAFORT was wiretapped before, during and after the campaign.

There is a difference that of course Breitbart exploits in exactly the same way that they accuse CNN of exploiting....

tkhayes

from what can gather, the Breitbart article pretty much says nothing. And I am pretty sure that CNN did NOT report that the trump campaign was wiretapped. I am pretty sure that they reported that PAUL MANAFORT was wiretapped before, during and after the campaign.

There is a difference that of course Breitbart exploits in exactly the same way that they accuse CNN of exploiting....

And something idiots who read Breitbart will instantly believe, while snickering about how those liberals believe everything they hear on CNN.

SkyDekker

lol, why would I squirm? I have absolutely nothing to lose in this.

The fact you think that this would make anybody squirm shows how fucked up your country is right now. You could care less what is good for the country, all you care about is what is bad for "the other side".

the only fucked up thing in this country right now is the loony trump hating left.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>CNN Admits Trump Campaign Was Wiretapped

Yes, that's what happens during criminal investigations. Prosecutors get a warrant and tap phones so they can arrest criminals for their crimes.

Hmmm
in 2014?

Oh oh:o

anyway
that is dodge on your part
Abraham Lincoln

aphid

From your linked page:
"But for the mainstream media, it was more important to protect Obama, to demonize Trump, and to smear conservative media outlets."

Yet the Breitbart piece simply squandered it's effort by defending Trump, demonizing Obama, and smearing mainstream media.

And snarky gloating isn't journalism. It's childish drivel unworthy even of a school-level newspaper.

I submit that opinion/editorial pieces (on either side) are not the most appropriate places to seek facts to form your own opinion.

Have you watched CNN lately?

Even their news is an editorial. All the time!
Abraham Lincoln

>Hmmm . . .in 2014?

Yes. Manafort was under investigation by the FBI for his Russian ties back in 2014, while his company was doing work for the Ukranian government.

And this will really bake your noodle - he was first investigated back in 2006 while working with Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire and Putin supporter. He offered his services with this promise - "We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success."

Going to be hard to blame that on Obama or Clinton, although I am sure you will give it your best shot.

And to follow up on the latest Manafort revelation:

================
Less than two weeks before Donald Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign chairman offered to provide briefings on the race to a Russian billionaire closely aligned with the Kremlin, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Paul Manafort made the offer in an email to an overseas intermediary, asking that a message be sent to Oleg Deripaska, an aluminum magnate with whom Manafort had done business in the past, these people said.

“If he needs private briefings we can accommodate,” Manafort wrote in the July 7, 2016, email, portions of which were read to The Washington Post along with other Manafort correspondence from that time.
=================

Now let's review all the denials about contact with Russia:

July 2016, Manafort is asked if there has been any contact with Russia. He says: “pure obfuscation . . there are no ties between the Trump campaign and Russia."

July 2016, Trump Jr: “Well it just goes to show you their exact moral compass. They’ll say anything to be able to win this. This is time and time again, lie after lie, you notice he won’t say, ‘Well I say this … ‘We hear experts’ – his house cat at home once said this is what’s happening with the Russians. It’s disgusting, it’s so phoney. I watched him bumble through the interview … I can’t think of bigger lies. But that exactly goes to show you what the DNC and what the Clinton camp will do. They will lie and do anything to win. These lies and the perpetuating of that kind of nonsense to gain some political capital is just outrageous.” (This was one month after Trump Jr's meeting with Rinat Akhmetshin and Natalia Veselnitskaya, who promised him dirt on Clinton they could use.)

Oct 2016, Trump: “I have nothing to do with Russia, folks, I’ll give you a written statement.”

Nov 2016, Hicks: "It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

Dec 2016, Conway claimed no one involved with the campaign had any contact with Russians. “Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it’s a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it’s dangerous.”

Jan 2017, Trump: "I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA"

Jan 2017, Pence asked about whether campaign has any ties to Russia: “Well of course not. I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.”

How about it, RushMC? Will you put _your_ money where your mouth is?

Meanwhile, here's what Mueller has asked for from the White House recently:

Internal communications and documents related to Flynn’s FBI interview in January
Documents related to Flynn's conversations with the Russian ambassador in December
Records on the Attorney General's warnings to the White House about Flynn
Materials related to Flynn’s departure from the White House
Communications on Trump’s campaign foreign-policy team (which includes one suspected Russian agent)
Documents related to Trump’s meetings with Comey before his firing
Records of internal White House discussions about Comey’s firing
Documents related to external White House communications about Comey’s firing
Documents related to Spicer’s comments about Comey the week before his firing
Materials related to Trump’s meeting with Russian officials the day after Comey’s firing
Records related to last summer’s Trump Tower meeting between Trump’s team and Putin-connected Russians
Documents related to Trump’s response to media inquiries about the Trump Tower meeting
Any email or document the White House holds that relates to Manafort

It seems like only yesterday that Trumpies were saying "Trump is NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION!" That seems pretty naive in retrospect.

Clearly Bozell has simply botched a pro wrestling move, again.
He's an idiot and I would agree with Olberman on how bad of a crazy religious and racist person Bozell is.
A peep of Janet Jackson's boob is worse than violence to people like him.
His misinformation is more dangerous that factual truth.

Awesome interview with the State Department today:

SD: "This administration and this entire government has been clear that Russia meddled in the campaigns and in the election. That is inappropriate; absolutely inappropriate. No one takes issue with that whatsoever."

Interviewer: "The president does."

SD: "No one takes issue with that whatsoever. What they did - and the president has been clear, the administration has been clear - was wrong. And I'll just leave it at that."

Interviewer: "Then why is he calling it a hoax?"

SD: "I . uh. . I can't speak for the President on that, but the president has been clear on this in the past. I'm not sure which specific tweet you are talking about . . ."

To help her out, here are a few:
===========
"The Russia hoax continues, now it's ads on Facebook. What about the totally biased and dishonest Media coverage in favor of Crooked Hillary?"

"if Russia was working so hard on the 2016 Election, it all took place during the Obama Admin. Why didn't they stop them?"

"Why did Democratic National Committee turn down the DHS offer to protect against hacks (long prior to election). It's all a big Dem HOAX!"

“. . . . a fake story that is demeaning to all of us and most of all demeaning to our country and demeaning to our Constitution.”

"[Democrats] can continue their obsession with the hoax or they can serve the interests of the American people."

“Most people know there were no Russians in our campaign."

". . . the totally made-up Russia story . . ."

"The Russia story is a total fabrication."

"It's all a big Dem scam."
===========================

Imagine being an intelligent person in this administration, being forced to defend a guy like this.

Meanwhile the White House tries its hand at meddling in the administration of justice:

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/sarah-huckabee-sanderss-deeply-disturbing-prosecution-from-the-briefing-room/2017/09/15/98fdd86e-998b-11e7-82e4-f1076f6d6152_story.html?nid&utm_term=.aed2acd796ec

It's all rather Alice in Wonderlandish.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

Why would you tell the press this BEFORE doing anything about it?

It's more political grandstanding bullshit and it really annoys me. Now Manafort, Flynn et al are specifically forewarned and can have that conversation with President Trump that starts 'hey, 'bout that pardon...' before the FBI come for them.

While I'm sure that there were cautious before now, this is a giant alarm bell that tells them that they should be starting a more precise process of protecting themselves - getting stories straight, destroying any additional evidence missed the first time round etc.

yoink

Why would you tell the press this BEFORE doing anything about it?

It's more political grandstanding bullshit and it really annoys me. Now Manafort, Flynn et al are specifically forewarned and can have that conversation with President Trump that starts 'hey, 'bout that pardon...' before the FBI come for them.

While I'm sure that there were cautious before now, this is a giant alarm bell that tells them that they should be starting a more precise process of protecting themselves - getting stories straight, destroying any additional evidence missed the first time round etc.

I'm gonna guess that both Flynn & Manafort are expecting to be indicted. I doubt that they were surprised by this.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

A warrant clearly shows a judge believes there is evidence of a crime.

Not exactly.

It shows that the cops (or feds in this case) were able to convince the judge that there is probable cause to search for evidence.

It's more that the judge believes the cops are convinced that there is evidence.

A bit of "hair splitting", but an important distinction.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***A warrant clearly shows a judge believes there is evidence of a crime.

Not exactly.

It shows that the cops (or feds in this case) were able to convince the judge that there is probable cause to search for evidence.

It's more that the judge believes the cops are convinced that there is evidence.

A bit of "hair splitting", but an important distinction.

Technically you're both right. A crime and evidence that the state believes should be collected.

There may not be a crime and there may not be evidence. But the motion before the judge lays out the states belief in both, via affidavit.

"The former Chief White House Strategist is fresh off stumping for firebrand jurist Roy Moore, who claimed a decisive victory against Sen. Luther Strange – a swamp varmint appointed under dubious circumstances to fill Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ vacated Alabama Senate seat.

Bannon’s influence in the Alabama blowout has many wondering what’s next for the populist rabble-rouser. CNN’s Dana Bash reports the political tactician is setting his sights on the 2018 midterms, crisscrossing the country,"
Above from:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/caplan-will-bannonism-not-trumpism-shape-republican-partys-future/

Roger Stone predicted (or: threatened) that congressional members should fear for their lives if they vote for impeachment

In late August, in answer to a TMZ reporter’s questions, Roger Stone said that members of Congress would endanger their lives if they voted to impeach Trump. Stone said on camera:

Try to impeach him, just try it. You will have a spasm of violence in this country, and insurrection, like you’ve never seen. … This is not 1974.

The people will not stand for impeachment. A politician who votes for it would be endangering their own life. There will be violence on both sides.

I’ll make this clear: I am not advocating violence, but I am predicting it."
Roger Stone is a trump loyalist and republican- Bannon ideologue.
http://www.newsweek.com/russia-investigation-tell-tale-signs-trump-expecting-worst-677521

Threats, intimidation, blackmail. All part of the new tools of hardball republican politics to fight the Russia investigation. To fight republicans who may imperil trump.

Meanwhile for Bob Corker, the only republican with the freedom to speak about trump from within the party.The rest of the party responds with crickets. Ok well there is John McCain and a couple others that voted against health care "reform".

Its evident that those who support trump intend violence should their man trump face justice. In light of the Vegas event should the FBI start investigations of white males who own AR-15's that support trump?;)