2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Faicon9493

When Mr. Mueller and his team get close to bringing this thing to a head, Trump might conclude that he needs a huge distraction. I hope he doesn't look at North Korea or Iran and decide to get "creative".

Thats what I was thinking except that like the strike on Syria that he ordered. Any military action might do the job.

Hopefully Mattis can herd the 50 cats running around in trump's brain. Either N. Korea or Iran would be a mistake.

DJL

***Wag the Dog

Wendy P.

And our Wag Du Jour:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/08/02/trump-gop-senators-to-introduce-bill-to-slash-legal-immigration-levels/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_pp-immigration-940am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.19fbd01a7e77

This attack on immigration is at the core of the Trump agenda. If they succeed it will have a huge effect on America's future. Starting by slashing GDP growth. Which has always been driven by expansion of the population. Let's face it, without immigration the population will stagnate. Like Japan.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

******Wag the Dog

Wendy P.

And our Wag Du Jour:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/08/02/trump-gop-senators-to-introduce-bill-to-slash-legal-immigration-levels/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_pp-immigration-940am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.19fbd01a7e77

This attack on immigration is at the core of the Trump agenda. If they succeed it will have a huge effect on America's future. Starting by slashing GDP growth. Which has always been driven by expansion of the population. Let's face it, without immigration the population will stagnate. Like Japan.

I'm taking the timing as another smokescreen to shield the smoke coming out of the dumpster fire we once called the Whitehouse. (The irony of Trump's recent comments about the Whitehouse do not escape me.)
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Hi DJL,

another smokescreen

I think is it in a nutshell. Trump is scared spitless of what Mueller might just find. He sends out these bombshells to keep everyone off balance. His real problem is that he has no idea how these investigations work.

I seriously doubt that anything Trump does is going to sway Mueller in the slightest.

'Look out, Donald; it's coming at you.'

:P

Jerry Baumchen

> Trump is scared spitless of what Mueller might just find.

And the Senate knows what lengths Trump will go to to stop Mueller.
======================
Bipartisan Senate bill aims to protect special counsel’s job
Associated Press
MARY CLARE JALONICK
August 3, 2017

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two members of the Senate Judiciary Committee are moving to protect Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s job, putting forth new legislation that aims to ensure the integrity of current and future independent investigations.

Republican Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Democratic Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware plan to introduce the legislation Thursday. The bill would allow any special counsel for the Department of Justice to challenge his or her removal in court, with a review by a three-judge panel within 14 days of the challenge.

The bill would be retroactive to May 17, 2017 — the day Mueller was appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election and possible ties to Donald Trump’s campaign.

“It is critical that special counsels have the independence and resources they need to lead investigations,” Tillis said in a statement. “A back-end judicial review process to prevent unmerited removals of special counsels not only helps to ensure their investigatory independence, but also reaffirms our nation’s system of check and balances.”
=========================

normiss

In the meantime, the Secret Service has vacated Trump Tower offices.
:D:D:D

Very funny. The trump clan wants to put the shaft to the US public purse over lease rates. So the Secret Service moves out.

Just when you thought the greed of the trump clan couldn't get bigger. Oh well. Russian guests will just have freer access. When they have another suitcase of fresh US cash, its just in the door and up the elevator. No pesky secret service men to deal with.

Keeping in mind that 1) pretty much everything the Trump administration says is a lie and 2) the vehement denials get the most strident when the outside world is closing in on the truth, today's statement from Manafort's lawyer was interesting:

“Paul Manafort did not collude with the Russian government to undermine the 2016 election or to hack the DNC. Other than that comment, we aren't going to respond to anonymous officials illegally peddling second hand conspiracy theories. But the Justice Department, and the courts if necessary, should hold someone to account for the flood of unlawful government leaks targeting Mr. Manafort."

So we've hit the first stage in this latest revelation.

1) He didn't do it
2) OK he did it but it's not that bad
3) Obama did it first

Well, the "second hand conspiracy theories" coming from the anonymous sources have been pretty accurate so far.

Have any of the major allegations that came out through anonymous sources been proven false?
I can't think of any, but I may be wrong.

"Major" meaning claims of significant illegal activity, by those close to the Pres, reported by major "main stream" media outlets.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Well, the "second hand conspiracy theories" coming from the anonymous sources have been pretty accurate so far.

Have any of the major allegations that came out through anonymous sources been proven false?

"Major" meaning claims of significant illegal activity, by those close to the Pres, reported by major "main stream" media outlets.

Evidence?

Never mind.

For you that does not matter....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Well, the "second hand conspiracy theories" coming from the anonymous sources have been pretty accurate so far.

Evidence?

Never mind.

For you that does not matter....

And for you...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Evidence?

Yes, evidence.

Remember back when Trump supporters were claiming that Trump Jr's meeting with Russian agents was FAKE NEWS?

Here's the evidence from a source even you won't be able to reject:

==================
Donald Trump Jr. releases email chain on his Russian meeting

Tue July 11, 2017
Trump Jr. tweets email chain on Russia meeting

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., agreed to meet with someone he believed to be a "Russian government attorney" last summer after receiving an email offering him "very high level and sensitive information" that would "incriminate" Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, according to emails the younger Trump publicly released on Tuesday.
===================

That's going to be the problem for Trumpies. Much of the evidence of his illegal activities isn't coming from government leakers or CNN - it's coming from his own family, his own administration and his own tweets.

normiss

It's pretty surprising the effort Meuller and the FBI are putting into this "made up Russher thing".

FBI raided Paul Manafort’s home in a pre-dawn search warrant!

Also of note, the total lack of any search warrants in regards to "Lock her up!". Ever. None. Zero evidence.

Manafort is shady and probably has done several things that he could go to jail for. Mueller will use whatever he can find to force him to tell the truth about what he knows. Unless something unfortunate happens to him first......
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***It's pretty surprising the effort Meuller and the FBI are putting into this "made up Russher thing".

FBI raided Paul Manafort’s home in a pre-dawn search warrant!

Also of note, the total lack of any search warrants in regards to "Lock her up!". Ever. None. Zero evidence.

Manafort is shady and probably has done several things that he could go to jail for. Mueller will use whatever he can find to force him to tell the truth about what he knows. Unless something unfortunate happens to him first......

I will bet that there was some wailing and gnashing of teeth.....and not just at Manafort's house! Who's next?

>FBI raided Paul Manafort’s home in a pre-dawn search warrant!

Followed very shortly after by a tweetstorm of unusual intensity even for Trump. He banned trans people in the military (to the shock of the entire military leadership of the US) and called for the firing of acting FBI director McCabe. He then suggested McCabe was "on the take."

Trump sounds like he is getting very, very nervous. And when he gets nervous, he lashes out via Twitter.