2 2
billvon

Russiagate

4 hours ago, rushmc said:

Russiagate died yesterday

Good thing so many of you appreciate the free and ready help of the Russian gov in electing your preferred candidate.

I’m sure you’ll be just as happy when the Russians (and/or Chinese) have had their fill of Trump and help get the next idiot in power. 

31 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Good thing so many of you appreciate the free and ready help of the Russian gov in electing your preferred candidate.

I’m sure you’ll be just as happy when the Russians (and/or Chinese) have had their fill of Trump and help get the next idiot in power. 

People should be reading Volume 1 of the report which talks about Russia hacking into our voter registration databases and vote-counting systems. That is the real threat to our democracy and our political class (Democrats and Republicans) are to focused on bickering with each other, they miss the real threat to the system. So few people get it, that it is frustrating to read these threads.  

One thing never discussed is the help Trump got went all the back into the Republican primary when Russian agents were hacking into Marco Rubio's mail server.   We need to watch very carefully to see if this happens in the Democratic primary, that is where interference in the election has the most leverage.  (Fewer voters spread over more candidates.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

As a tiny sampling (maybe I'll just get one):  I'd be keen know if any posters on this forum would state here that their vote for Trump was influenced by (what we now know to be) Russian misinformation or meddling. As a 'just sayin', I do not regard the leaking of Hillary's emails (assuming they are authentic) as misinformation, it's on par with parading Trump's dirty laundry.  

I believe the Russian's have received way too much credit here and I am keen to be enlightened by some solid causality that counters my belief. 

2 hours ago, metalslug said:

As a tiny sampling (maybe I'll just get one):  I'd be keen know if any posters on this forum would state here that their vote for Trump was influenced by (what we now know to be) Russian misinformation or meddling. As a 'just sayin', I do not regard the leaking of Hillary's emails (assuming they are authentic) as misinformation, it's on par with parading Trump's dirty laundry.  

I believe the Russian's have received way too much credit here and I am keen to be enlightened by some solid causality that counters my belief. 

Good luck with that.

4 hours ago, metalslug said:

The problem is you probably don’t know it. That Facebook ad that carried a message that appealed to you and influenced your viewpoint it ‘might’ have been Russian sponsored. We know that many such ads and posts were made by the Russians.

12 hours ago, rushmc said:

Russiagate died yesterday

You really need to pay attention.

Trump’s answers to Mueller, submitted in writing and under oath, are receiving new scrutiny after Mueller testified this week that some of the president’s responses were lies.
The Senate Intelligence Committee (controled by the GOP) has concluded that election systems in all 50 states were targeted by Russia in 2016, an effort that was largely undetected and more far-reaching than previously acknowledged.

6 hours ago, metalslug said:

As a tiny sampling (maybe I'll just get one):  I'd be keen know if any posters on this forum would state here that their vote for Trump was influenced by (what we now know to be) Russian misinformation or meddling.

They'll never admit to that.  I can tell you that during the election I personally spent time tracing items to their source and in several cases found that it was very openly a Russian source.  Was that THE thing that got the person to vote this way?  Was it THE thing that created just a little more buzz that wasn't already there?  How about the timing of events like the fact that the Anthony Weiner laptop emails surfaced just days before the election requiring a hasty review and statement by Comey that they were not relevent and even to this day this is viewed as proof of some sort of deep state FBI support for HRC.  Those are the very things that while not a hot issue are just warm enough to get a quantity of people to go to the poles and a quantity of people to not.  Or a quantity of people to repost, retweet, etc...

Don't forget that we had a few folks show up on here that "smelled like" Russian paid internet crawlers.

And before that (before the whole Russian Internet Propaganda Machine became well known), there were a couple Russians who's posts followed the Russian agenda in perfect lock-step. Before the election, so the posts were about how the Ukrainian government was all Nazis or how nice of a guy Putin was or that sort of thing. 

Russia (and the Soviets before them) have always been very good at propaganda. I doubt they would have put the time, effort and money into doing what they did unless they were reasonably certain that it would pay off.
Exactly how much of an effect it had is virtually impossible to quantify, but the fact that it did have an effect is pretty clear.

(edited)

Just prior to the election, on Facebook, someone I'm "friended" with posted a story that I thought dubious. Some brief searching pulled up an article Snopes had already posted, debunking it. I added the Snopes link to the posting, and promptly got flamed over it by a guy who was once an active poster here in SC.

Edited by ryoder

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

promptly got flamed over it by a guy who was once an active poster here in SC.

Hi Robert,

And let us not forget that it was Jack Nicholson who said:  'You can't handle the truth.'

IMO anyone who defends Trump cannot handle the truth about what he really is.

Jerry Baumchen

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

'You can't handle the truth.'

Hi folks,

And someone else who cannot handle the truth:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/26/trump-fox-news-biden-poll-1437265

'President Donald Trump renewed his attacks on Fox News on Friday, complaining that the network’s pollsters aren’t favorable enough to him'

Jerry Baumchen

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

'President Donald Trump renewed his attacks on Fox News on Friday, complaining that the network’s pollsters aren’t favorable enough to him'

Completely oblivious to what the whole purpose of polling is.

Trevor Noah (sarcastically) commented on a recent similar incident with the following:

"My doctor told me I had Ebola.  So I fired my doctor, and now I don't have Ebola anymore!"

11 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Back peddling is underway. SAD!

On 8/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, ryoder said:

RawStory: Deutsche Bank has Trump’s taxes — and loan applications cosigned by Russian oligarchs: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/deutsche-bank-has-trumps-taxes-and-loan-application-cosigned-by-russian-oligarch-report/

This is a fairly unverified issue from what I'm seeing, the bank has them but the part about a loan being co-signed by a Putin aligned oligarch is not validated.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:28 AM, BillyVance said:

It may already be starting...

The DOJ is filing charges against Greg Craig for lying about his work with Ukraine. He was Barack Obama's former White House counsel.

"Not Guilty"

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-04/greg-craig-acquitted-in-foreign-lobbying-case?utm_source=Today's+Headlines&utm_campaign=6d5fcba521-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_12_12_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b04355194f-6d5fcba521-82416649

2 hours ago, kallend said:

"Not Guilty"

Funny how everyone obsesses over such minor points.  I mean, look at the difference.  One TINY word!

Trump organization:

• Manafort - guilty.
  • Cohen - guilty.
  • Flynn - guilty.
  • Gates - guilty.
  • Papadopoulos - guilty.

Clinton organization:

• Craig - not guilty.

I mean, there's only ONE WORD different there.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Funny how everyone obsesses over such minor points.  I mean, look at the difference.  One TINY word!

Trump organization:

• Manafort - guilty.
  • Cohen - guilty.
  • Flynn - guilty.
  • Gates - guilty.
  • Papadopoulos - guilty.

Clinton organization:

• Craig - not guilty.

I mean, there's only ONE WORD different there.

No,

You see everyone involved knew that if they found him guilty Hillary would possessed them and they would have an uncontrollable urge to commit suicide, and not only that Hillary would ensure that if they resisted the urge, strange and mysterious car crashes or other other terrible events would befall them. 

Trump he is the chosen one, elected by God to defend against the anti Christ. It is clear to anyone who has read what the bible has to say on the matter can see this. We should not be trusting the fake media but rather reputable and brave sources such as this writer, brave enough to stand up and be a light in the world of darkness https://www.cogwriter.com/hillary-clinton-prophecy-antichrist.htm

So repent and believe all you heathens. Arm yourselves and prepare for the spiritual battle to come. Ensure you are not ensnared by homosexual thoughts by regularly grabbing women by the pussy, if they resist then you know they are part of the Hillary antichrist army!

15 hours ago, nigel99 said:

No,

You see everyone involved knew that if they found him guilty Hillary would possessed them and they would have an uncontrollable urge to commit suicide, and not only that Hillary would ensure that if they resisted the urge, strange and mysterious car crashes or other other terrible events would befall them. 

Trump he is the chosen one, elected by God to defend against the anti Christ. It is clear to anyone who has read what the bible has to say on the matter can see this. We should not be trusting the fake media but rather reputable and brave sources such as this writer, brave enough to stand up and be a light in the world of darkness https://www.cogwriter.com/hillary-clinton-prophecy-antichrist.htm

So repent and believe all you heathens. Arm yourselves and prepare for the spiritual battle to come. Ensur.  Thank youe you are not ensnared by homosexual thoughts by regularly grabbing women by the pussy, if they resist then you know they are part of the Hillary antichrist army!

A very clear and cogent explanation of how  Trumpists think.  Thank you.

Now that Trump has asked Russia (actually the Ukraine, but who's counting) to interfere with a US election again, I figured I'd restart this thread rather than create a new one.

From the NYT:

Trump blasts 'false charges' - asks public to 'end obsession,' get on with nation's business

Dang, made a typo there.  That should have been Nixon, from August 16, 1972.

Looks like we're already seeing signs of the Russian influence farms starting up for 2020.  It has been PROVEN that parties from within Russia led a campaign to discredit the US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yavonovich.  Trump was fooled by this and fired her, meaning again that Russian influence has affected the decision making of our President.

The actual report from Graphika:

https://graphika.com/uploads/Graphika Report - UK Trade Leaks & Secondary Infektion.pdf

• Like 1