2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

*********Mueller claims that Russia continues to meddle and is requesting to limit disclosure on National Security grounds.

I am looking forward to the GOP reasons why national security is now not important.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-12/mueller-seeks-order-protecting-evidence-in-russia-troll-case

Russia has been meddling in our elections for decades! What's your point?

I'm still amazed to see American citizens taking the side of Russia in their efforts to destabilize our country.
For fucksake dude! I'm not taking a side. I'm just pointing out the truth the facts.

The US got caught red-handed fucking around with Israel's elections. Does that piss you off to? I mean for Christ sakes Obama was using State Department money to try and make sure Netanyahu didn't get reelected! This craps been going on between country since before you and I were born. It's something we're going to have to deal with in the future too.

As usual the trump tribe is:

"Mostly False"
Blog claims U.S. funded anti-Netanyahu election effort in Israel
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/25/blog-posting/blog-claims-us-funded-anti-netanyahu-election-effo/

LeeroyJenkins

***No deflection! You got nothing. No charges toward anybody related to Russian collusion. Which, by the way, is not a crime anyway! If it is, show me the statute!

Did my question to you have the term "Russian collusion" in it?

You sad having a server is illegal, you then defended that statement by saying its illegal to delete emails. That is some great deflection.

I'm not sure you are capable of having a intelligent discussion about politics. All Government email transactions are to be done on government servers. What she did was illegal. She also deleted subpoenaed emails that is also a legal related and unrelated I don't know you tell me? I'm not deflecting the damn thing you're trying to Cloud the issue that of the shit she did
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wolfriverjoe

I'm not sure you are capable of having a intelligent discussion about politics.

He's perfectly capable. He's a lot more intelligent and articulate than his posts would seem to indicate.

He just chooses not to.

Thank you, but to be more accurate, to spend too much time on it would be a complete waste of my time! That said, it can probably be said coming back at me the same way. What we have here are people who want to look at opinions and facts differently nothing's going to change that
Abraham Lincoln

Phil1111

************Mueller claims that Russia continues to meddle and is requesting to limit disclosure on National Security grounds.

I am looking forward to the GOP reasons why national security is now not important.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-12/mueller-seeks-order-protecting-evidence-in-russia-troll-case

Russia has been meddling in our elections for decades! What's your point?

I'm still amazed to see American citizens taking the side of Russia in their efforts to destabilize our country.
For fucksake dude! I'm not taking a side. I'm just pointing out the truth the facts.

The US got caught red-handed fucking around with Israel's elections. Does that piss you off to? I mean for Christ sakes Obama was using State Department money to try and make sure Netanyahu didn't get reelected! This craps been going on between country since before you and I were born. It's something we're going to have to deal with in the future too.

As usual the trump tribe is:

"Mostly False"
Blog claims U.S. funded anti-Netanyahu election effort in Israel
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/25/blog-posting/blog-claims-us-funded-anti-netanyahu-election-effo/

Actually, the facts about this or not in dispute. I don't care what fucking left-handed left-leaning site you post is saying it's mostly faults.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

First off, an unsecured private server to do email for government business is a crime.

Um... no, it isn't.

Oh, yes it is. All government Communications are to be kept. Hillary destroyed 33,000 emails. I'd like to see you try and do that after your emails have been subpoenaed. But in any event, it's illegal on multiple levels including her sloppy handling of classified documents. You really really really need to find different news sources than you have!

Trump 'repeatedly tears up official documents' that should be preserved, leaving staff to tape them back together
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-official-documents-destroy-white-house-staff-repair-presidential-records-national-archives-a8392856.html

But Marc, your Fuehrer does it all the time.

Phil1111

Trump 'repeatedly tears up official documents' that should be preserved, leaving staff to tape them back together
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-official-documents-destroy-white-house-staff-repair-presidential-records-national-archives-a8392856.html

But Marc, your Fuehrer does it all the time.

But he is a white male and GOP member.
See?
Completely different.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

rushmc

For fucksake dude! I'm not taking a side.

Do you think anyone could possibly believe that, considering the innumerable posts you've made blindly supporting the Cheetoh in Chief and the blatant lies you've posted about Clinton and other Dems?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

rushmc

******No deflection! You got nothing. No charges toward anybody related to Russian collusion. Which, by the way, is not a crime anyway! If it is, show me the statute!

You sad having a server is illegal, you then defended that statement by saying its illegal to delete emails. That is some great deflection.

I'm not sure you are capable of having a intelligent discussion about politics. All Government email transactions are to be done on government servers. What she did was illegal. She also deleted subpoenaed emails that is also a legal related and unrelated I don't know you tell me? I'm not deflecting the damn thing you're trying to Cloud the issue that of the shit she did

I'm not clouding anything. I am only pointing out your inaccuracies and poor use of deception and dodging.

Lets see you answer some very easy questions.

1.Did Clinton use private email to conduct government work?

2.Was Clinton's simple use of a private email illegal?

3.Did Clinton delete emails?

4.Is deleting subpoenaed emails illegal?

5. Do any current Whitehouse advisers/officials use private email to conduct government work?

6. Is the use of private email to do government work illegal?

That should do it. I'll format your next post to make it easy for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my answers:

1.Answer:

2.Answer:

3.Answer:

4.Answer:

5.Answer:

6.Answer:

------------------------------------------------------

There was no special counsel it was just found in the course of the investigation.

There wasn't a special counsel because they threatened to have a special counsel and her lawyers cooperated. Now, say what you will about the bleach bit and missing emails after that...

However, and I do know this from people who do security at other agencies and who are Republicans, State Department data security all the way up to and through her term has historically been atrocious but her servers were actually more secure than the state department system. If there was someone who's job it was to make sure that the State Department system was safe and adhered to protocol then they didn't do their job. The FBI findings were that while her system was operating outside of the state department system there was no ill conceived intent and there was no law broken by her doing that. There is no other hidden information in this issue, the majority of it is available via a freedom of information request and the remainder is available to the current DOJ and various House and Senate panels.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

There was no special counsel it was just found in the course of the investigation.

There wasn't a special counsel because they threatened to have a special counsel and her lawyers cooperated. Now, say what you will about the bleach bit and missing emails after that...

There wasn’t a special counsel because she was Sec State - not the President or the Attorney General.

The title Special Counsel doesn’t mean the investigation is special, it simply means it’s being done by someone outside the normal Justice Department chain of command so the investigator isn’t investigating his own boss.

So when Rush says the Hillary findings were ok because they cropped up in the course of a normal investigation - that’s exactly the same as what has happened with Manafort, Cohen et al.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

There wasn’t a special counsel because she was Sec State - not the President or the Attorney General.

The title Special Counsel doesn’t mean the investigation is special, it simply means it’s being done by someone outside the normal Justice Department chain of command so the investigator isn’t investigating his own boss.

So when Rush says the Hillary findings were ok because they cropped up in the course of a normal investigation - that’s exactly the same as what has happened with Manafort, Cohen et al.

Comey, in his book: https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-book-says-nearly-called-special-counsel-clinton-emails-204300537.html

"That May, Comey went to then Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates and made a threat that would have caused the issue to erupt into public view. He told her, “I was close to the point where I was going to recommend the appointment of a special prosecutor,” Comey writes. “I said that soon it would be too late for this Department of Justice to complete the investigation without grievous damage to public faith in our work. It would require a prosecutor outside the control of the political leadership of the department. I didn’t know the date I would recommend such a thing, I said, but we were getting close, unless we got those laptops.”

Comey’s threat apparently worked: Almost immediately after he raised the issue of a special counsel, “junior lawyers” at the Justice Department were suddenly “hell-bent on getting those laptops” and a deal was worked giving them access to the computers."

I have a cousin with the State Department. She said the system there is incredibly awful, not to mention that whole not-real-secure thing.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Comey, in his book...

Oh cool, didn't know that. Thanks!

The general point stands though, which is that investigating a President always requires a special prosecutor because the political conflicts of interest are implicit. A special prosecutor's investigation of the West Wing is a normal investigation of the West Wing.

wmw999

I have a cousin with the State Department. She said the system there is incredibly awful, not to mention that whole not-real-secure thing.

Wendy P.

The State Department system is designed for use with the highest security communications, not personal emails. It is outdated, incredibly unwieldy, and so impossible to use in the real world that everybody devises workarounds (link). Even Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell used private email for state business, not servers but easily hacked public companies (Yahoo in Powell's case!). Actually Rice, Powell, and Clinton all used the state system for communications that were marked secret/top secret etc, and the private system for non-classified or personal communications. All the so-called "classified" communications found on Clinton's servers were not marked as such at the time they were sent, but were retroactively reclassified during one or another of the several "investigations". Also all of the deleted emails had been screened and were categorized as personal, although of course the conspiracy minded cannot imagine that someone like Hilary Clinton could possibly have personal communications like actual real people do. Perhaps we should make it a condition of government employment that if you take the job every email you ever send, even if it's intensely personal between you and your spouse, will be public and provided to anyone who has an axe to grind or just want to humiliate you. I'm sure that would not keep anyone who really believes in public service from taking the job.

Don

DJL

Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case

Trump is not going to take this well. I predict a full-volume Trump Twitter rant within the next few days attacking Mueller, Comey, Clinton and/or Rosenstein and demanding they be investigated instead.

We should make a bingo out of this. Will he blame Obama, Clinton, the FBI, Jeff Sessions? How about a distraction move like trying to spill the beans on something that turns out to be bullshit in two days.

DING DING! Looks like I get one token for the FBI and another for the bullshit distraction move.

"Texts reveal ex-FBI agent Peter Strzok told lover 'we'll stop' Trump"

https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/texts-reveal-disgraced-fbi-agent-told-lover-well-stop-trump/

LeeroyJenkins

*********No deflection! You got nothing. No charges toward anybody related to Russian collusion. Which, by the way, is not a crime anyway! If it is, show me the statute!

I'm not clouding anything. I am only pointing out your inaccuracies and poor use of deception and dodging.

yes

5. Do any current Whitehouse advisers/officials use private email to conduct government work?

Here are my answers:

1.Answer:
Yes
2.Answer:
Yes
3.Answer:
Yes
4.Answer:
Yes
5.Answer:
If they do they need to be charged
6.Answer:
Yes

Hilary also knowingly handled dispersed deleted top secret classified and special access information through her private server. Why didn't you list that?
Abraham Lincoln

We now know from the IG report that Comey was insubordinate! Good reason to fire somebody don't you think? There goes the obstruction charge...
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

************No deflection! You got nothing. No charges toward anybody related to Russian collusion. Which, by the way, is not a crime anyway! If it is, show me the statute!

yes

Here are my answers:

1.Answer:
Yes
2.Answer:
Yes
3.Answer:
Yes
4.Answer:
Yes
5.Answer:
If they do they need to be charged
6.Answer:
Yes

Hilary also knowingly handled dispersed deleted top secret classified and special access information through her private server. Why didn't you list that?

I didn't mention classified information because it wasn't/isn't relevant to your claim about private email.

Back to the questions. I will give you one thing, you're consistent. You're wrong, but you're consistent.

There are members of the Trump administration that use private email. This is the case because the simple use of private email is not in itself illegal. It was nice to see you almost answer a question without trying to add spin or deflect.

rushmc

We now know from the IG report that Comey was insubordinate! Good reason to fire somebody don't you think? There goes the obstruction charge...

It would be a good reason to fire someone after the inspector general report came out. Relevant information, Comey was insubordinate for not coordinating with the Attorney General when he decided to notify Congress that he reopened the investigation.

Relevant information, Comey was insubordinate for not coordinating with the Attorney General when he decided to notify Congress that he reopened the investigation.

Which was decidedly in favour of the Trump campaign. His insubordination was to help the Trump campaign.

rushmc

So you agree with the IG that Comey treated Clinton unfairly in the runup to the election?

It is illegal if you're using private email for government business. That my friend is a fucking fact!
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

Relevant information, Comey was insubordinate for not coordinating with the Attorney General when he decided to notify Congress that he reopened the investigation.

Which was decidedly in favour of the Trump campaign. His insubordination was to help the Trump campaign.

Well, while fun to watch, I agree with you that Comey coming back just before the election and saying they reopen the Clinton email investigation was a bit fishy. That said however, he did that assuming that she was going to get elected and therefore would cover his ass for the way that they did the investigation!

The reason isn't very damned important here!
Abraham Lincoln

And the private email server and the classified information is highly relevant! She violated the Espionage Act on multiple levels! Even Comey admitted that.
Abraham Lincoln