2 2
billvon

Russiagate

25 minutes ago, jakee said:

It's quite a conundrum for Rush, isn't it? Barr says the report completely exonerates Trump, and Trump says the report is a fabrication. Which means...

I suspect he doesn't really understand. I don't see his posts anymore though which is nice.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, billvon said:

199 indictments.  39 people indicted, including 6 Trump insiders.  7 guilty pleas.  2 guilty convictions - one for colluding with Russians.  Years and years of hard time in prison.  More money in fines than the investigation cost to begin with.  Trials in the queue.

Quite a "hoax."

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

And now Rudy says it's all good. Because the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Even if it's also the enemy of your nation. What a shit show.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for president of the United States.

And Iran, if you are listening, I would really appreciate your help with my campaign.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, turtlespeed said:

Yes - Yes - Welcomed just as much as you welcome the media trashing Trump at every turn.

Welcomed just as much as you would have welcomed the opposite - had it come to pass AGAINST trump.

Of course those aren't foreign hostile nations. And I don't think anybody should welcome help from foreign hostile nations in national elections. But it seems you are unable to look past your party line.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:05 PM, turtlespeed said:

Did the Clinton family have dirt on Donnie - enough that he gave up pushing for her to be indicted?

That seemed to fade away very quickly after the distraction it was there to cause fizzled out.

Lol, more conspiracy theories.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:24 PM, Stumpy said:

I suspect he doesn't really understand. I don't see his posts anymore though which is nice.

I don’t come here very often anymore..  I need only watch CNN for 30 seconds and I know what most of you will post here.

And remember Trump wasn’t talking about the whole report. Only some of the parts in it. But the spins been fantastic I hope y’all keep it up .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rushmc said:

I don’t come here very often anymore..  I need only watch CNN for 30 seconds and I know what most of you will post here.

And remember Trump wasn’t talking about the whole report. Only some of the parts in it. But the spins been fantastic I hope y’all keep it up .

I would like to be the first to voice my displeasure that you're replacing us with the mainstream media.

Trump, Mar 24th: report is "Complete and Total EXONERATION.”

Trump, April 19th: report is "Total Bullshit . . . an Illegally Started Hoax"

Well, that didn't take long.  At least he was exonerated for a month before he declared it bullshit.

I'm curious to see how the remaining 12 still secret cases will move forward, as it's completely clear that Trumpster Jr. is one of the 2 or 3 names they tried to redact.

Seems to me we're now, or more specifically Congress is now,  with either we believe in upholding the law and democracy or we don't.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, normiss said:

I'm curious to see how the remaining 12 still secret cases will move forward, as it's completely clear that Trumpster Jr. is one of the 2 or 3 names they tried to redact.

Seems to me we're now, or more specifically Congress is now,  with either we believe in upholding the law and democracy or we don't.

It was also clear that subject number one was President Trump. You love fake news.

And if you truly believe in law and order Hillary would be in prison. But seeing how she got cleared pretty much the same way you think Donald Trump is getting cleared you definitely have two sets of standards you wish to operate by

Edited by rushmc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rushmc said:

And if you truly believe in law and order Hillary would be in prison. But seeing how she got cleared pretty much the same way you think Donald Trump is getting cleared you definitely have two sets of standards you wish to operate by

So by that logic you believe Trump should be in jail too. Or you just don't follow any logic?

30 minutes ago, rushmc said:

Clinton investigation - no collusion.  No obstruction.  No indictments.  No convictions.  No jail time.  No fines.

Trump investigation - no collusion.  Obstruction cannot be ruled out. 199 indictments.  39 people indicted, including 6 Trump insiders.  7 guilty pleas.  2 guilty convictions - one for colluding with Russians.  Years and years of hard time in prison.  More money in fines than the investigation cost to begin with.  Trials in the queue.

If you truly believe in law and order, Clinton is a saint compared to Trump.

• Like 1

Well since there was no crime to obstruct there can’t be obstruction. And I love watching you dance around about convictions and indictments and all that bullshit when absolutely none of them had anything to do with Trump and the Russia collusion lie that you probably posted on this thread what five 600 times? I love watching you guys dance. You got yourself so emotionally into this you can’t back away and look at it with any kind of objectivity at all. 

So you’ll have to explain to me what criminal act that was being investigated where he supposedly obstructed that investigation. I will answer that before you do. There is none. Keep it up though! The elections are coming and I like seeing this happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

So by that logic you believe Trump should be in jail too. Or you just don't follow any logic?

At this point it’s not about me. It’s about you guys dancing around the report that you hang your hat on the come out completely in favor of Donald Trump. And now watching the spin masters try and do something with it when there’s nothing there. But as I told Bill. Please keep it up. I love this happening because it’s going to make for a great election in about 18 months

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rushmc said:

At this point it’s not about me. It’s about you guys dancing around the report that you hang your hat on the come out completely in favor of Donald Trump. And now watching the spin masters try and do something with it when there’s nothing there. But as I told Bill. Please keep it up. I love this happening because it’s going to make for a great election in about 18 months

Paraphrased from Dana Milbank:

TOO STUPID TO CONSPIRE:

Prosecutors “considered whether to charge Trump Campaign officials with crimes in connection with the June 9 meeting,” Mueller wrote, but couldn’t “prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these individuals acted ‘willfully,’ i.e., with general knowledge of the illegality of their conduct.” Specifically, prosecutors couldn’t prove “the participants in the meeting were familiar with the foreign-contribution ban or the application of federal law to the relevant factual context.”

Apparently unaware that this meant he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, Trump Jr. welcomed Mueller’s findings Thursday as vindication. “TOLD YA!!!” he boasted.

Who says ignorance of the law is no excuse?

TOO INCOMPETENT TO OBSTRUCT

Mueller’s findings on obstruction were similar: Not guilty by reason of incompetence. “The President’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests,” Mueller concluded, listing former FBI director James Comey, former White House counsel Donald McGahn and former White House deputy chief of staff Rick Dearborn.

T

It is interesting reading the actual report and not news spin. There is insufficient evidence for criminal charges on collusion BUT that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

Members of the Trump campaign deleted messages, used messaging platforms that were encrypted and the messages ‘expired’ (I guess Trump and Putin were snap chatting!!)

As an outsider what blows my mind is the level of partisanship in the USA. The Republicans are more concerned with defending Trump than the USA. 

46 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

As an outsider what blows my mind is the level of partisanship in the USA. The Republicans are more concerned with defending Trump than the USA. 

As a citizen of the US, I fully agree.

The idea that the Rs opposed anything Obama did, regardless of how good it was for the country, or that they defend Trump no matter what he did is appalling. 

I voted R almost exclusively for most of my life. I will almost certainly never vote that way again. Ever.

52 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

It is interesting reading the actual report and not news spin. There is insufficient evidence for criminal charges on collusion BUT that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

Members of the Trump campaign deleted messages, used messaging platforms that were encrypted and the messages ‘expired’ (I guess Trump and Putin were snap chatting!!)

Agree - with Giuliani now saying that it was OK to get information from the russians about a competitor.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, Stumpy said:

Agree - with Giuliani now saying that it was OK to get information from the russians about a competitor.

The sad thing is that he purposefully interchanged "the Russians" with "Russians"* in at least the two Sunday interviews I saw.  At least one interviewer caught up with his trick (though it was buried in a rant) and cleared it up later in the segment (because no one could get a word in to refute anything Giuliani was spewing, as he kept talking over his interviewers and spinning off on random, unproven tangents).

*Note: "the Russians" = Russian government-backed operatives. "Russians" = individual Russian citizens with no other government affiliation.  He tried to say there was nothing criminal about talking to "Russians," (which there is not), but in response to questions about assistance offered from the Russians.  Without allowing the interviewer to clarify, Giuliani just took off (verbally) from there, leaving the premise to just sit there.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:44 AM, rushmc said:

Yes. And the Mueller report blew out of the water any idea that anything that they did was illegal or against the public good. 

Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong about your weird conspiracy theory’s? 

See Volume II, Page 2, paragraph three, beginning with "Fourth..."

On 4/18/2019 at 8:44 AM, rushmc said:

Yes. And the Mueller report blew out of the water any idea that anything that they did was illegal or against the public good. 

Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong about your weird conspiracy theory’s? 

Some people would consider that a tangled web of incompetence, vindictiveness,  lies and deceit was against the public good.  Apparently you are not one of them.

According to  a little noticed section of the Mueller report,   Trump tried to wield the power of law enforcement to target  Hillary Clinton.  The last president known to have targeted his rivals in this way was Nixon.  Trump is truly in good company.