2 2
billvon

Russiagate

(edited)
1 hour ago, rushmc said:

Your link is about the DOJ saying they're not going to prosecute.  What's the mystery?  They had the info and said there wasn't anything to prosecute.

BTW this is a teachable moment in how news is delivered (Not that Rush will learn or is even the target audience).  Notice how they never actually list the testimony in the article, they just link to other Fox News articles that say nearly the exact same thing.  This is a method employed by "fake news" sources to reinforce their own opinion pieces.

Rush, the meat of what you're looking for starts on page 91 of the transcript, the conversation between Ratcliffe and Page.  I can't expect that you're able to adequately process this but it lays out the standards for prosecuting a case for someone who is mishandling classified information.  After reading that, do you understand why the DOJ would say that they're not going to press a case?  Do you understand this after seeing that there was a lot of history on the case leading up to this statement, namely that it was too constitutionally vague?

https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/Lisa Page interview Day 1.pdf

Edit: I should probably lay this out myself:

Fox News article: OBAMA DOJ refuses to prosecute case.

Reality: The statement to Page was made long after all the information was already on the table and they knew there was nothing and no way to prosecute.

Edited by DJL

3 hours ago, rushmc said:

There is nothing new in that article. The inclusion of "Obama DOJ" in the headline just shows it is meant to play on emotion. This is a prime example of a propaganda hit-piece.

(edited)
3 hours ago, rushmc said:

Page also testified that the DOJ and FBI had "multiple conversations ... about charging gross negligence," and the DOJ decided that the term was "constitutionally vague" and "had either never been done or had only been done once like 99 years ago," and so "they did not feel they could sustain a charge."

I'm being ninja'd here but I'll still say:

Any pressure from above on investigators is a concern, so it remains to be seen whether the following general idea applies here: Don't charge someone with something if there's no realistic charge of conviction. That I think is still a reasonable way to run a justice system in most cases.

The opinion was that no conviction would be possible, so it didn't make sense to bring those charges.

Looks from the Fox News article like the FBI were trying to be really fair to both sides during the run up to the election, working both the Clinton email and Russia influence issues, without panicking anyone. (Although the James Comey statement shortly before the election on the 'new' emails can be debated both ways.)

Edited by pchapman

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

There is nothing new in that article. The inclusion of "Obama DOJ" in the headline just shows it is meant to play on emotion. This is a prime example of a propaganda hit-piece.

Well golly gee. We've only had to put up with 50 times more propaganda hit-pieces by the leftist fake news outlets the last couple of years. 9_9

(edited)
4 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Well golly gee. We've only had to put up with 50 times more propaganda hit-pieces by the leftist fake news outlets the last couple of years. 9_9

I'll bet that if Clinton were elected there wouldn't have been any of that.

Edited by DJL

3 minutes ago, pchapman said:

I'm being ninja'd here but I'll still say:

Any pressure from above on investigators is a concern, so it remains to be seen whether the following general idea applies here: Don't charge someone with something if there's no realistic charge of conviction. That I think is still a reasonable way to run a justice system in most cases.

Looks from the Fox News article like the FBI were trying to be really fair to both sides during the run up to the election, working both the Clinton email and Russia influence issues, without panicking anyone. (Although the James Comey statement shortly before the election on the 'new' emails can be debated both ways.)

It's going to take some time, but everything is going to come out. We will see that Hillary and the DNC conspired against Trump. The shit is going to hit the fan after the Mueller report is released, and Democrats aren't gonna like it.

4 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Pretty much. When you have Communist News Network, MSNBC and others in your back pocket... Well there it is.

Yet the only concrete evidence we have is the current president having almost daily calls with Fox "news" personalities.

9 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Pretty much. When you have Communist News Network, MSNBC and others in your back pocket... Well there it is.

You realize you're responding to a passage from a "news" agency STILL griping about HRC even though she's NOT the POTUS, right?  No irony there?

21 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

And we have to put up with twice that number of plain old lies from the "alternative facts" news outlets - FOX, Breitbart and the like.  That's life.

Manafort was just sentenced to an additional six years* for lobbying for Russia, and for colluding with a Russian agent to tamper with US witnesses in a federal case.

It's a very bad day for the Trumpies who keep bleating "NO COLLUSION!"

(* - some of it will be served concurrently with his existing sentence)

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

Manafort was just sentenced to an additional six years* for lobbying for Russia, and for colluding with a Russian agent to tamper with US witnesses in a federal case.

And within minutes, 16 more charges are brought against Manafort in the southern district of NY.  And, if convicted of these, Trump can't dangle a pardon in front of him.

Edited by kallend

On 3/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, BillyVance said:

But he did. HE signed it into law. And to his credit, he admitted, albeit much later, it was a mistake.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/04/bill-clinton-and-the-1994-crime-bill/

If "three strikes" is SO bad, why was your home and deep red state of Alabama the first to institute it, and Alabama has been ranked third in the nation for the highest number of prisoners who committed non-violent crimes and are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole.  Bill C. had nothing to do with that.

2 hours ago, BillyVance said:

It's going to take some time, but everything is going to come out. We will see that Hillary and the DNC conspired against Trump. 

Isn't that their job? I mean, as a general rule opposition candidates don't usually give stump speeches about how great the other guy is.

The shit is going to hit the fan after the Mueller report is released, and Democrats aren't gonna like it.

You said that before. Don't you think that, if Trump had genuine information about illegal Democrat activities, it would be highly unethical to keep it a secret until its release would be personally beneficial to his own image?

Because honestly, it sounds to me like you're applauding what you think is a President putting his own self-interest ahead of the good of the nation.

2 hours ago, BillyVance said:

It's going to take some time, but everything is going to come out. We will see that Hillary and the DNC conspired against Trump.

And Trump conspired against the DNC and Clinton.  That's what politicians do, and it's not illegal.  It's just illegal to conspire with a foreign country to interfere with our elections.

(edited)

will we now know or we pretty sure know that Trump did not collude with the Russians. We do know however that Hillary did. also being reported today that in the next 2 to 4 weeks multiple referrals of indictments of Obama doj and FBI officials coming

Edited by rushmc

8 minutes ago, rushmc said:

will we now know or we pretty sure know that Trump did not collude with the Russians. We do know however that Hillary did. also being reported today that in the next 2 to 4 weeks multiple referrals of indictments of Obama doj and FBI officials coming

Noticed you didn't quote any sources.

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

Noticed you didn't quote any sources.

Why should he?
He thinks it's true so it must be.

I find it amusing that he's posting this at the same time as the release of the news of Manafort's additional sentencing and charges.

I gotta ask - 
Why did it take this long? 
Trump's been in office for over 2 years. 

One of his campaign slogans was (and still is) "Lock Her UP!!!"

His AG & the Justice Dept haven't bothered to investigate, let along charge HRC for all of this time. 

7 hours ago, rushmc said:

Why should I quote it when the information is out there for everyone to see ?

That's right up there with anti-vaxxer and flat-earth tactics.  "Do your own research" almost always means you can't back up your own arguments

21 hours ago, billvon said:

Yeah but none of the charges had anything to do with RUSSIAN COLLUSION. (shrugs)

19 hours ago, billvon said:

And Trump conspired against the DNC and Clinton.  That's what politicians do, and it's not illegal.  It's just illegal to conspire with a foreign country to interfere with our elections.

Except it wasn't Trump's team that conspired. It was Hillary and the DNC. But because Obama weaponized the DOJ and FBI against Trump, all we've heard since day one that it was Trump. More than 2 years later we haven't seen any concrete evidence on Trump, period. It'll all come out. You'll see.

19 hours ago, billvon said: