2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

Okay now I have a question for you.

Strozk and Ohr emailed back and forth just before the Congressional testimony of Strozk I believe.

In that email Strozk asked Ohr if he had any new information. And was hoping that the firewalls would hold. What does that mean to you?

0hr emailed back and said he had no new information at this time. If anything came up he would let him know.

in the context of all the other emails that have just been released this looks pretty bad don't you think?

It looks like a bunch of stuff that doesn’t have relation to trump-Russia. It looks like you’re trying to distract from trump Russia and dodge my question about what it would take for you to support impeachment.

So again, what would it take for you to support the impeachment of trump?

it is totally related. And that's why it's a damn hard to talk to you. Because your mind is so closed you have no understanding of what's really going on. More is coming. And it's going to be really hard on the left I think when the sing all falls out..

To even talk about impeachment of trump at this point is delusional at best

It’s hard to talk to me because I force you to stay on topic. I’ll give it a chance though. Rush, articulate why you believe The communication between these two is related to the trump campaign colluding with Russia.

We aren’t talking about impeaching trump. I am asking you for your opinion. What would trump have to do for you to support his impeachment.

Edit:Billvon.

SkyDekker

Strzok and Ohr didn't text each other about firewalls.

You posting falsehoods makes it so damn hard to talk to you.

You are right. My mistake. It was between Steel and Ohr.

After Steel was no longer deemed to be credible by the FBI

And just two days before Comey was to testify
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

LeeroyJenkins

Strozk and Ohr emailed back and forth just before the Congressional testimony of Strozk I believe.

In that email Strozk asked Ohr if he had any new information. And was hoping that the firewalls would hold. What does that mean to you?

0hr emailed back and said he had no new information at this time. If anything came up he would let him know.

in the context of all the other emails that have just been released this looks pretty bad don't you think?

It looks like a bunch of stuff that doesn’t have relation to trump-Russia. It looks like you’re trying to distract from trump Russia and dodge my question about what it would take for you to support impeachment.

it is totally related. And that's why it's a damn hard to talk to you. Because your mind is so closed you have no understanding of what's really going on. More is coming. And it's going to be really hard on the left I think when the sing all falls out..

It’s hard to talk to me because I force you to stay on topic. I’ll give it a chance though. Rush, articulate why you believe The communication between these two is related to the trump campaign colluding with Russia.

We aren’t talking about impeaching trump. I am asking you for your opinion. What would trump have to do for you to support his impeachment.

Break a law or seriously destroy his Trust of the people.

Both of which I'm sure you think he has done. Both I'm sure I know he has not done.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Both of which I'm sure you think he has done. Both I'm sure I know he has not done.

So if muller concludes that trump broke the law ie, obstruction of justice you will support Trumps impeachment. You know, thats very reasonable. Surprising and reasonable. We will all be here to hold you to that.

Also waiting on that explanation of why the coordination between a DOJ official and an informant is related to the trump campaign clouding with Russia.

LeeroyJenkins

So if muller concludes that trump broke the law ie, obstruction of justice you will support Trumps impeachment.

Well no. Because the Muller investigation is a witch hunt. Aren't you listening?

The decision tree goes like this:

Impeach Trump IF Guilty of Crime IF I agree with the verdict / Criminal process IF it doesn't benefit the Democrats AND if it implicates either Hillary OR Obama.

It's not rocket science.

rushmc

6 out of 10 Americans do not trust him.

jclalor

...and by 'people' obviously I mean the RIGHT people. The people who trust him, like me. Not the other people - they're all criminals and Democrats. You just can't see it.

Just filling in for you, rush.

this is easy!

kallend

"Whatabout Hillary..." will not be a legal defense that will hold up during Trump's trials.

There aren't going to be any Trump trials, Professor.

Regardless ... Do you think perjurers should go to prison?

kalland

Clearly you have NO understanding of the law concerning perjury.

perjury. plural perjuries. : the act or crime of knowingly making a false statement (as about a material matter) while under oath or bound by an affirmation or other officially prescribed declaration that what one says, writes, or claims is true

jclalor

But 19% of Republicans think it perfectly OK to accept "opposition research" from a hostile foreign power.

poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2561

Patriotism isn't what it used to be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

dmcoco84

Regardless ... Do you think perjurers should go to prison?

***Clearly you have NO understanding of the law concerning perjury.

perjury. plural perjuries. : the act or crime of knowingly making a false statement (as about a material matter) while under oath or bound by an affirmation or other officially prescribed declaration that what one says, writes, or claims is true

The sentence is up to the court after a guilty verdict. Due process and all that.

Do you believe in due process?

kallend

But 19% of Republicans think it perfectly OK to accept "opposition research" from a hostile foreign power.

poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2561

Patriotism isn't what it used to be.

Well, I'd bet fairly heavily that those 19% represent a large portion of the folks who are very insistent that everyone stand for the National Anthem and that burning the flag should be a capital offense.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

nothing is going to become of the Mueller investigation anyway. FBI agents early on said there is no there there so why would that change?

again all Mueller is going to do is to release some sort of op-ed hit piece against Trump before the elections. That's been the goal all along anyway.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

nothing is going to become of the Mueller investigation anyway. FBI agents early on said there is no there there so why would that change?

again all Mueller is going to do is to release some sort of op-ed hit piece against Trump before the elections. That's been the goal all along anyway.

Clearly Mueller, a Republican appointed by a Republican controlled DoJ, would have this agenda "all along". Yep, you nailed it again.

dmcoco84

Do you think perjurers should go to prison?

Are you so simple-minded as to believe there should be a one-size fits all sentence specified for every crime? A simple yes or no will be fine.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

rushmc

It would change because new information was uncovered during the investigation.

I would actually be surprised if Muller finished the investigation before the 2020 election.

rushmc

“nothing is going to become of the Mueller investigation anyway.”

Have you even bothered to notice that plea deals and indictments have already come from the mueller investigation?

>nothing is going to become of the Mueller investigation anyway.

That's right! Absolutely NOTHING!

Well, except for the indictment and trial of Manafort, and his jailing for Russian collusion a few months ago. But apart from that - NOTHING!

And the indictment of Papadopoulos, Gates and Flynn. But it's not like they are guil . . . oh, wait, they pled guilty to lying about their connections with Russian agents. But other than those four - NOTHING!

OK, ok, and van der Zwaan. He pled guilty too. But other than the Manfort indictment and jailing, and guilty pleas from Papadopoulos, Gates, Zwann and Flynn - NOTHING!

Well, if you want to get technical, Richard Pinedo too - he sold stolen US identities to Russians so they could meddle in the election. He pled guilty too. But other than that . . .

Look, yes, there were some Russians indicted too - Prigozhin, Bystrov, Burchik, Krylova, Bogacheva, Polozov, Bovda, Ogly, Podkopaev, Vasilchenko, Kaverzina and Venkov. But they are hard to spell, so we don't talk about them. But other than those few additional . .

OK FINE! And there were twelve Russian GRU agents - Netyksho, Antonov, Badin, Yermakov, Lukashev, Morgachev, Kozachek, Yershov, Malyshev, Osadchuk, Potemkin, and Kovalev - who were also indicted for meddling in the US election.

So it's settled. Aside from indictments of Manafort, Papadopoulos, Gates, Zwann, Flynn, Pinedo, Netyksho, Antonov, Badin, Yermakov, Lukashev, Morgachev, Kozachek, Yershov, Malyshev, Osadchuk, Potemkin, Kovalev, Prigozhin, Bystrov, Burchik, Krylova, Bogacheva, Polozov, Bovda, Ogly, Podkopaev, Vasilchenko, Kaverzina and Venkov, and aside from guilty pleas from all but one of the Trump associates, and aside from jailing Manafort for colluding with Russians to tamper with witnesses - absolutely nothing will come from the Mueller investigation!

billvon

Well, except for the indictment and trial of Manafort, and his jailing for Russian collusion a few months ago. But apart from that - NOTHING!

And the indictment of Papadopoulos, Gates and Flynn. But it's not like they are guil . . . oh, wait, they pled guilty to lying about their connections with Russian agents. But other than those four - NOTHING!

OK, ok, and van der Zwaan. He pled guilty too. But other than the Manfort indictment and jailing, and guilty pleas from Papadopoulos, Gates, Zwann and Flynn - NOTHING!

Well, if you want to get technical, Richard Pinedo too - he sold stolen US identities to Russians so they could meddle in the election. He pled guilty too. But other than that . . .

Look, yes, there were some Russians indicted too - Prigozhin, Bystrov, Burchik, Krylova, Bogacheva, Polozov, Bovda, Ogly, Podkopaev, Vasilchenko, Kaverzina and Venkov. But they are hard to spell, so we don't talk about them. But other than those few additional . .

OK FINE! And there were twelve Russian GRU agents - Netyksho, Antonov, Badin, Yermakov, Lukashev, Morgachev, Kozachek, Yershov, Malyshev, Osadchuk, Potemkin, and Kovalev - who were also indicted for meddling in the US election.

So it's settled. Aside from indictments of Manafort, Papadopoulos, Gates, Zwann, Flynn, Pinedo, Netyksho, Antonov, Badin, Yermakov, Lukashev, Morgachev, Kozachek, Yershov, Malyshev, Osadchuk, Potemkin, Kovalev, Prigozhin, Bystrov, Burchik, Krylova, Bogacheva, Polozov, Bovda, Ogly, Podkopaev, Vasilchenko, Kaverzina and Venkov, and aside from guilty pleas from all but one of the Trump associates, and aside from jailing Manafort for colluding with Russians to tamper with witnesses - absolutely nothing will come from the Mueller investigation!

Sheesh.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

See, the investigation is making it clear who can be trusted not to be part of Deep State.

jclalor

***nothing is going to become of the Mueller investigation anyway. FBI agents early on said there is no there there so why would that change?

“nothing is going to become of the Mueller investigation anyway.”

Have you even bothered to notice that plea deals and indictments have already come from the mueller investigation?

okay you need to concentrate here. Or focus a little bit. Every one of the charges that have been levied and all of the plea deals that have been met or reached have nothing absolutely nothing to do with Trump Russia collusion. All they are is attempts by Mueller to try and get somebody to flip or compose as said by one famous lawyer that's dealing with one trial going on now

most normal thinking people this would give pause. But I realize that's not what I'm dealing with on this site.
Abraham Lincoln

Let's all get on the same page here, literally:

These are the exact words of the remit of the Muller investigation, for anyone who might find them useful.

ORDER NO. 3915-2017
APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTER

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian governments efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as
follows:

(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600.10 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the Special Counsel.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

BTW the reference to 28 CFR 600.4 authorizes prosecutors to prosecute:

"federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel’s investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses.”

So far we have seen

Obstruction of justice (Trump firing Comey to try to stop the investigation)

Intimidation of witnesses (Manafort colluding with a Russian to get a witness to remember things differently)

And we are almost certain to see perjury if Trump ever says anything under oath.