2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Hi rush,

What Nigel posted:

as someone who grew up under a dictator

What you now say:

One of the better Dodges I have seen on Speakers Corner.

It is obvious to anyone reading what you write that you lack the necessary intelligence to stay on subject.

Hell, you cannot even understand what other people write.

You are an embarassment to your arguments.

Jerry Baumchen

Is he even American?

"everyone here seen it"

Obligatory:

U.S. Code.
"If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 701; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

rushmc

******And neither testified under subpoena

I thought you said a president couldn’t be subpoenaed? It’s ok, you were wrong. You are correct, neither of them testified under subpoena, one of them resigned and the other one was impeached.

you can issue the damn thing. Doesn't mean it has to be answered. And most legal Scholars say a sitting president cannot be subpoenaed and if they are they don't have to answer it

All of those scholars would be wrong BECAUSE PRESIDENTS HAVE ALREADY BEEN SUBPOENAED

You really need to pick one point that doesn't contradict yourself. Either the president can or cannot be subpoenaed.

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.
"If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 701; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

rushmc

******There’s absolutely no reason to deal with the premise of your assertions or questions! One of the things you state is you think Trump is a dictator. Tell me, how do you support that?

I suggest you re read my post. I said I grew up under a dictator (Robert Mugabe), not that trump is one.
One of the better Dodges I have seen on Speakers Corner. You brought up the word dictator and the implication of your post is clear. Now you try to back away from that post with your tail tucked between your legs saying I didn't read your post. Well you had a great fail when you did that and everybody here seen it!

Rush,

his original comment was

It’s interesting to watch and as someone who grew up under a dictator, it is interesting to see how a person of strong influence can garner such a strong following.

I know you try to spin like kellyanne, you're just really bad at it.

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

rushmc

please comment to the point that no case to date, refered to any prosecutor, has anything to do with Trump Russia collusion. You seem to avoid that at all costs. Why?

As you said, "no case to date"

DT Jr. Already admitted to meeting Russians to get dirt on Clinton. Like he literally tweeted the evidence. To date no case has shown Russian collusion. You need to remember the Watergate investigation took 6 years.

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

Hey Jerry,

I made a mistake trying to engage in intelligent conversation. It does interest me though to see how a persuasive and influential someone like Trump can be.

I was fascinated by Tony Blair when I lived in the UK, he was the master of equivocation. You could listen to him talk and he would be agreeing with both sides of an argument and each side believed he was agreeing with them.

With Trump he appears to have out foxed the entire political elite and media to garner a very strong following. I have no idea how Trump will do at election time and it will be very interesting to watch.

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

AF01F42D-5145-4691-AAAF-01A7DEF4CE73.jpeg

gowlerk

In the late fall, after the elections, Mueller's report will come out. Or more accurately it will leak out. Russian "collusion" will be only a side show. The main point will be Trump's financial crimes involving money laundering. Then there will be a fight over impeachment. God only knows how that will come out. I hope he stays in office and finishes his term. A crippled Pence would be even worse.

lordy, none of us here knew that you were so tied into the Mueller investigation. For God's sake what the hell else is going to happen?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

LeeroyJenkins

***please comment to the point that no case to date, refered to any prosecutor, has anything to do with Trump Russia collusion. You seem to avoid that at all costs. Why?

DT Jr. Already admitted to meeting Russians to get dirt on Clinton. Like he literally tweeted the evidence. To date no case has shown Russian collusion. You need to remember the Watergate investigation took 6 years.

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

God help us! Now we know we have two people that are deep within the Mueller investigation into Trump Russia collusion. Jesus I'm surprised you haven't leaked everything that's happened to date!
Abraham Lincoln

[email]
JerryBaumchen

Hi rush,

What Nigel posted:

as someone who grew up under a dictator

What you now say:

***One of the better Dodges I have seen on Speakers Corner.

It is obvious to anyone reading what you write that you lack the necessary intelligence to stay on subject.

Hell, you cannot even understand what other people write.

You are an embarassment to your arguments.

Jerry Baumchen

The embarrassment is yours Jerry. By the way, hi Jerry.

the fact that he prefaced his post with the point that he grew up under a dictator sets the context for the comments that he was making. Example being, that he recognizes a dictator when he sees one. But obviously he doesn't and he got caught. And now so have you!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******please comment to the point that no case to date, refered to any prosecutor, has anything to do with Trump Russia collusion. You seem to avoid that at all costs. Why?

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

God help us! Now we know we have two people that are deep within the Mueller investigation into Trump Russia collusion. Jesus I'm surprised you haven't leaked everything that's happened to date!

What are you rambling about? Your reply does nothing to address the fact that just because charges relating to collusion haven't been filed doesn't mean they will never be filed and it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Anyway....

Here, I will link the tweets for you. I also linked an article that posts it all in chronological order.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884789839522140166

and

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884789418455953413

and

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-email-text.html

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

the fact that he prefaced his post with the point that he grew up under a dictator sets the context for the comments that he was making. Example being, that he recognizes a dictator when he sees one.

No, the point is that he recognises someone who uses the tactics, rhetoric and some of the policies of a dictator.

That doesn't mean Trump is a dictator, but he shows a disturbing tendency to want to act like one.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

the fact that he prefaced his post with the point that he grew up under a dictator sets the context for the comments that he was making. Example being, that he recognizes a dictator when he sees one.

No, the point is that he recognises someone who uses the tactics, rhetoric and some of the policies of a dictator.

That doesn't mean Trump is a dictator, but he shows a disturbing tendency to want to act like one.

Trump is not a dictator, but he does use the same tactics as dictators have. AKA attacking the media.

LeeroyJenkins

Trump is not a dictator, but he does use the same tactics as dictators have.

Thanks Mr Echo :P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You used to many words for rush, and I almost forgot!

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

Phil1111

According to trump there is no collusion and its all a "Russian hoax". So why dosn't he invite Mueller over to the WH. Give a complete statement and Mueller can move onto all other swamp cleaning.

Why walk into a perjury trap?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***According to trump there is no collusion and its all a "Russian hoax". So why dosn't he invite Mueller over to the WH. Give a complete statement and Mueller can move onto all other swamp cleaning.

No perjury if he tells the truth. Apparently you think he can't do that (and his past performance indicates that you would be right).

Nobody knew that telling the truth could be so complicated".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

***According to trump there is no collusion and its all a "Russian hoax". So why dosn't he invite Mueller over to the WH. Give a complete statement and Mueller can move onto all other swamp cleaning.

Hang on, so you think that telling Muller on record that there was no collusion would be a perjury trap? Only if he’s lying, which would mean that you DO think there was collusion...

:S

Which is it?

rushmc

Obligatory:
U.S. Code.

rushmc

Perjury traps are well-documented

I don't understand what you think perjury is.

The question was 'why not invite Trump to give a complete statement to Muller?'

Your response of that being a perjury trap could only be true if you think his story would have changed between what he's said previously and what he would say now.

This isn't an opinion piece - that's what perjury is - being caught in a lie under oath.

So I'm asking you (because you're the one who stated it), HOW would this be a perjury trap? What do you think he has either lied about previously, or would lie about under oath.

Either explain that or admit that it's not a perjury trap.