2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

Sorry, but Bill volunteered.

He was still subpoenaed, and so was Nixon. Your claim that you cant subpoena a president is wrong.

U.S. Code.
"If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 701; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Mueller Referred 3 Cases on Illicit Foreign Lobbying to New York Prosecutors
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/mueller-refers-3-cases-on-foreign-lobbying-to-ny-prosecutors.html

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has handed off three cases involving U.S. lobbyists who failed to register as foreign agents to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, which is already handling the case against President Trump’s so-called fixer, Michael Cohen.

Mueller is so busy, the swamp so deep...

rushmc

There’s absolutely no reason to deal with the premise of your assertions or questions! One of the things you state is you think Trump is a dictator. Tell me, how do you support that?

I suggest you re read my post. I said I grew up under a dictator (Robert Mugabe), not that trump is one.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Phil1111

Mueller Referred 3 Cases on Illicit Foreign Lobbying to New York Prosecutors
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/mueller-refers-3-cases-on-foreign-lobbying-to-ny-prosecutors.html

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has handed off three cases involving U.S. lobbyists who failed to register as foreign agents to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, which is already handling the case against President Trump’s so-called fixer, Michael Cohen.

Mueller is so busy, the swamp so deep...

At least someone is draining the swamp! Get em all out of DC.

LeeroyJenkins

***Sorry, but Bill volunteered.

He was still subpoenaed, and so was Nixon. Your claim that you cant subpoena a president is wrong.

U.S. Code.
"If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 701; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

You and your pesky facts and laws.

Fine. he CAN be subpoenad, but it's not a problem if he was. And Clinton did it first.

nigel99

***There’s absolutely no reason to deal with the premise of your assertions or questions! One of the things you state is you think Trump is a dictator. Tell me, how do you support that?

I suggest you re read my post. I said I grew up under a dictator (Robert Mugabe), not that trump is one.

:D:D

We should all post this quote with every one of our comments until rush acknowledges it.

U.S. Code.

So, the President of the United States of America asked the top law enforcement official in the country to end an investigation into a) Russia's active-measures campaign to interfere in the 2016 presidential election to benefit himself and hurt Hillary Clinton and b) the possibility that a member (or members) of his campaign conspired with Russians to aid that end goal.

Seems like a pretty clear case of obstruction of justice to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He didn’t ask, he TWEETED. Totally different.. And the investigation shouldn’t have been started anyway so it’s fine to ask for it to stop, unless it was started under Obama (which it should have), in which case it’s all Obama’s fault that Hillary tried to steal the election with Putin.

Anyway, obstructing Justice isn’t a crime. The president is allowed to do it. You guys are just embarrassing yourselves!! LOFL!!

How’d I do, rush?

Fuck me, it hurt my brain just typing that drivel.

3 Russian journalists killed in Central African Republic while investigating mercenary group
https://abcnews.go.com/International/russian-journalists-killed-central-african-republic-investigating-mercenary/story?id=56962826

Three Russian journalists have been killed in Central African Republic while investigating a secretive Russian military contractor.

Two of the journalists were among Russia’s most respected: Orkhan Dzhemal, a veteran war correspondent, and Alexander Rastorguyev, a leading documentary-maker. Their cameraman, Kirill Radchenko, regarded as a promising young videographer, was also killed. "

Scaramucci on Trump supporters heckling CNN reporter: This is not who we are
Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci on Wednesday called out supporters of President Trump for verbally lashing out at CNN reporter Jim Acosta at a rally in Tampa, Fla.

“This isn’t our best. It’s not who we are,” Scaramucci tweeted, quoting a tweet from Acosta that showed a video of rally attendees shouting at the White House correspondent.
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/399824-scaramucci-on-trump-supporters-heckling-cnn-reporter-this-is-not-who-we-are

Should be no wonder why trump admires and aspires to be like President Putin.
Donald Trump: 'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters'
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/24/donald-trump-says-he-could-shoot-somebody-and-still-not-lose-voters

Yet his cultists get pissed off when I call them what they are!

LeeroyJenkins

***And neither testified under subpoena

I thought you said a president couldn’t be subpoenaed? It’s ok, you were wrong. You are correct, neither of them testified under subpoena, one of them resigned and the other one was impeached.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/why-hasn-t-robert-mueller-subpoenaed-trump-three-theories-about-ncna892591

"The third possibility — and one that I suggest is growing more likely by the day — is that evidentiary developments in the investigation may have moved the president from being a “subject” of the investigation to being a “target.” If this is the case, then Department of Justice policies would strongly argue against using a grand jury subpoena to compel the president to testify."
Remster

Almost forgot:

U.S. Code.

yoink

He didn’t ask, he TWEETED. Totally different.. And the investigation shouldn’t have been started anyway so it’s fine to ask for it to stop, unless it was started under Obama (which it should have), in which case it’s all Obama’s fault that Hillary tried to steal the election with Putin.

Anyway, obstructing Justice isn’t a crime. The president is allowed to do it. You guys are just embarrassing yourselves!! LOFL!!

How’d I do, rush?

Fuck me, it hurt my brain just typing that drivel.

:)
So we have the firing of former FBI director James B. Comey, constant threats to fire special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, spread of deliberately false conspiracy theories to smear investigators, dissemination of a phony rationale for firing Comey, an attempt to stop the prosecution of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, authorized release of a known-to-be false memo from Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) attacking the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Court warrant, demands that Attorney General Jeff Sessions not recuse himself (and then un-recuse himself after he did) and shut down the investigation, and the creation of a phony story to explain the Trump Tower meeting. (I’m not even including Trump’s possible knowledge and assent before the Trump Tower meeting.) That is all quite apart from any scheme to hide payments to women in the waning days of the presidential campaign.

How did I do?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>How’d I do, rush?

The standard pattern is:

1) He didn't do it
2) OK he did it but it's not that bad
3) Obama did it first

As applied to this topic, the pattern becomes:

1) There was NO COLLUSION!
2) Collusion is NOT A CRIME!
3) Why don't you go after Obama for not stopping the Russians? Hypocrite much?

LeeroyJenkins

***And neither testified under subpoena

I thought you said a president couldn’t be subpoenaed? It’s ok, you were wrong. You are correct, neither of them testified under subpoena, one of them resigned and the other one was impeached.

you can issue the damn thing. Doesn't mean it has to be answered. And most legal Scholars say a sitting president cannot be subpoenaed and if they are they don't have to answer it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>How’d I do, rush?

The standard pattern is:

1) He didn't do it
3) Obama did it first

The last three are all true bill. Hypocrite much
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>How’d I do, rush?

The standard pattern is:

1) He didn't do it
3) Obama did it first

The last three are all true bill. Hypocrite much

Like, you can read right?

U.S. Code.

nigel99

***There’s absolutely no reason to deal with the premise of your assertions or questions! One of the things you state is you think Trump is a dictator. Tell me, how do you support that?

One of the better Dodges I have seen on Speakers Corner. You brought up the word dictator and the implication of your post is clear. Now you try to back away from that post with your tail tucked between your legs saying I didn't read your post. Well you had a great fail when you did that and everybody here seen it!
Abraham Lincoln

please comment to the point that no case to date, refered to any prosecutor, has anything to do with Trump Russia collusion. You seem to avoid that at all costs. Why?
Abraham Lincoln

In the late fall, after the elections, Mueller's report will come out. Or more accurately it will leak out. Russian "collusion" will be only a side show. The main point will be Trump's financial crimes involving money laundering. Then there will be a fight over impeachment. God only knows how that will come out. I hope he stays in office and finishes his term. A crippled Pence would be even worse.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.