2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

******Do you recall this article?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/sunday-review/russia-isnt-the-only-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html

point is, you seem to think that countries meddling in others elections is something new. It's not. It's been going on for decades. So, you know hope that somehow Russia meddling in our elections defeated Hillary. A dream that only a leftist could come up with!

Would you be OK with a foreign power attempting to alter the outcome of a US election? Hypothetically. In the future.

Pretend Hillary got made POTUS 2 elections from now, and the US intelligence services all agreed that it was likely that a hostile foreign government had interfered in the election.

Be honest - what would your reaction here be? Because I know what you wouldn't be saying. You wouldn't be going 'well, we do it to others, so you know, we should just ignore it this time I guess'.

You're moving the goalposts. The issue is for some reason now it's a big deal. Everything that happened that you're pissed off about happened under Obama and his administration. Why didn't he stop it? And if you're so upset about countries interfering in other countries affairs why aren't you condemning the US for doing the same?

Feigned outrage is a joke. The left's issue regarding this is a joke. Somehow they want to create the false narrative that the only reason Trump won was because of Russia. Nope not the case. Trump won because Hillary was a piss poor fucking candidate

You didn't answer my question, as usual.

If it was happening under Obama then my position is the same as now - it shouldn't have been and should have been investigated. What shuold have been done if it were proven? I'm not sure... I'm not talking about collusion here, which has a simple remedy if proven, but rather the murky side of international politics. Is it something you go to war over? Maybe.

For you, I'm trying to distance it from current politics by making it abstract. Regardless of WHEN it happens, do you think you'd ever be OK with a foreign power interfering in our elections?

Yes or no. It's not a complex question. For once, man up and give a straight answer.
Yes - I'd be OK with it because we do it to other people.
No - I'm not OK with it.

hey rushmc why don’t you act like a patriot? why are you betraying the United States? Why do you back someone that is destroying America’s presence on the world stage?

Did that get your attention?

How do you feel about putin admitting that he wanted trump to win and admitting that he directed his people to make that happen?

63B6D590-8D34-4805-B769-977C07D9FC97.jpeg

I've been gone from the Dorkzone for 18 months now, but I see the same morons peddling the same BS day after day has not changed. What a waste. See you in another 18 months? Or perhaps I will never set foot in here again.

Dropzone.com is a great skydiving resource. But Speakers Corner is where all the idiots hang out. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

I've been gone from the Dorkzone for 18 months now, but I see the same morons peddling the same BS day after day has not changed. What a waste. See you in another 18 months? Or perhaps I will never set foot in here again.

Dropzone.com is a great skydiving resource. But Speakers Corner is where all the idiots hang out. :P

Your poor quality name calling anger will not really be missed if you stayed away for 18 years. You could do better if you wanted to.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

CanuckInUSA

Don't remember you. Can't say I have ever noticed whether you were around or were gone.

LeeroyJenkins

hey rushmc why don’t you act like a patriot? why are you betraying the United States? Why do you back someone that is destroying America’s presence on the world stage?

How do you feel about putin admitting that he wanted trump to win and admitting that he directed his people to make that happen?

Note: If you understand Russian and listened to Putin's actual words, he only said that he wanted Trump to win. I was confused at first by the translation, but then I listened to what Putin actually said.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

The issue is for some reason now it's a big deal. Everything that happened that you're pissed off about happened under Obama and his administration. Why didn't he stop it? And if you're so upset about countries interfering in other countries affairs why aren't you condemning the US for doing the same?

This is the latest bit making the right wing news rotation. Why didn't he stop it? Who was going to stop it, what were they going to stop and how were they going to stop it? Go look up the timeline of events and remember that it was this January and JUST now that the investigators had proof as to exactly who what doing what. What was Obama going to do, tell them to stop (which he did)? And what was the intelligence community going to do, take over the DNC servers as government property (they warned them and the DNC hired a company to secure their equipment after the fact.)
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

This is the latest bit making the right wing news rotation. Why didn't he stop it? Who was going to stop it, what were they going to stop and how were they going to stop it? Go look up the timeline of events and remember that it was this January and JUST now that the investigators had proof as to exactly who what doing what. What was Obama going to do, tell them to stop (which he did)? And what was the intelligence community going to do, take over the DNC servers as government property (they warned them and the DNC hired a company to secure their equipment after the fact.)

Nonsense. Cyber security is, like, soooooo easy all you have to do is decide you don't want to be hacked. Besides, the US does it to other nations so it's ok to do it to the US.

I'm assuming this means that if Iran managed to deploy a virus that crippled some US nuclear reactors Rush would be totally ok with it 'cos y'know, turnabout's fair play.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'm sorry -- you're trying to introduce actual information into SC. You obviously don't belong here :P

Thanks for posting that.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

TriGirl

***hey rushmc why don’t you act like a patriot? why are you betraying the United States? Why do you back someone that is destroying America’s presence on the world stage?

Note: If you understand Russian and listened to Putin's actual words, he only said that he wanted Trump to win. I was confused at first by the translation, but then I listened to what Putin actually said.

What did Putin Actually say?

TriGirl

How did it play out in Russian?

In the english version I guess most of us are working from the ambiguity comes from the reporter asking two questions at once (Did you want Trump to win and did you order you agencies to help him?) and Putin giving one answer (Yes I did).

He does go on to extrapolate his answer in regards to the first question, but it's still fuzzy as to whether he was answering the second question too.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

gowlerk

***I've been gone from the Dorkzone for 18 months now, but I see the same morons peddling the same BS day after day has not changed. What a waste. See you in another 18 months? Or perhaps I will never set foot in here again.

Your poor quality name calling anger will not really be missed if you stayed away for 18 years. You could do better if you wanted to.

Poor quality name-calling? I believe it is you that likes to use the term Dotard.

Maybe you could join him for 18 months!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

The issue is for some reason now it's a big deal. Everything that happened that you're pissed off about happened under Obama and his administration. Why didn't he stop it? And if you're so upset about countries interfering in other countries affairs why aren't you condemning the US for doing the same?

That's all a fact. It's all the truth.
Abraham Lincoln

Poor quality name-calling? I believe it is you that likes to use the term Dotard.

If the Dotard was a participating member of this group I would not do so. For the same reason I don't call you names. Like Dotard, or idiot, or moron. The poster I was replying to was calling other forum members these names.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

LeeroyJenkins

I think Rush just blocked me out like he does with all other information that hurts his brain. I guess he just cant handle someone that's smarter and more informed than himself.

Ya. That's it.:D
Abraham Lincoln

LeeroyJenkins

I think Rush just blocked me out like he does with all other information that hurts his brain. I guess he just cant handle someone that's smarter and more informed than himself.

You should probably be Emperor.

rushmc

***I think Rush just blocked me out like he does with all other information that hurts his brain. I guess he just cant handle someone that's smarter and more informed than himself.

Ya. That's it.:D

Oh hey you can see my comments.

If that isn’t it, why don’t you ever anyswer my questions or address my comments?

Here is an easy one. Do you believe the muller investigation should run until it is concluded?

wmw999

I'm sorry -- you're trying to introduce actual information into SC. You obviously don't belong here :P

Thanks for posting that.

Wendy P.

Just trying to be above scrutiny when I otherwise call out our POTUS for his shenanigans! ;)

Shut Up & Jump!

jakee

***Note: If you understand Russian and listened to Putin's actual words, he only said that he wanted Trump to win. I was confused at first by the translation, but then I listened to what Putin actually said.

How did it play out in Russian?

In the english version I guess most of us are working from the ambiguity comes from the reporter asking two questions at once (Did you want Trump to win and did you order you agencies to help him?) and Putin giving one answer (Yes I did).

He does go on to extrapolate his answer in regards to the first question, but it's still fuzzy as to whether he was answering the second question too. Yeah, it was the translator's mistake. The second question was asked, and Putin actually said yes, I wanted Trump to win, because [I preferred his policy]. The last part is paraphrased. The translator took the easy way out and just said, "yes I did" instead of "yes I wanted that". It's the verb (past tense) "wanted" that makes the difference and delineates which question Putin actually answered. The rest of his comment was overrun by the translation, but that first bit I definitely heard in the original.

ETA -- I consider it highly likely that someone else listening just to Putin's own words found the same thing -- that he didn't answer the second question. NPR hinted early on that Putin answered both questions, but it was never discussed after that. Therefore, I'm deducing that Putin never answered the second question. However, I do wonder why the White House would post the transcript with the FIRST question omitted, and the English translation of "yes, I did" seeming to answer the SECOND question. Until I can get a clear answer on that one, I'm going to give the WH the benefit that they omitted the wrong question in their transcript. :P

Shut Up & Jump!

Latest -

Cohen claims that Trump did in fact know about the meeting with the Russian agent, and that he approved it. This, of course, flies in the face of what Trump has claimed - and also flies in the face of other evidence that suggests he was aware of the meeting.

Cohen's claim also supports several details of the Steele dossier, which noted that Cohen met with Russian officials "to prevent the full details of TRUMP’s relationship with Russia being exposed.”