2 2
billvon

Russiagate

billvon

>And exactly none of them have anything to do with Trump collusion or Russia.

Four were Trump campaign members who lied about their dealings with Russia. Three have pled guilty to their crimes.

Try again!

Pretty easy to get them to plead guilty when you threaten them with additional charges if they don't. I have a feeling the real truth hasn't come out, but it will one day.

>You know, speaking of TV news programs, it's quite telling, the direction this nation is
>going, when Hannity on Fox News has the highest rated news show . . .

That's nothing. The Walking Dead has over twice the viewers as Hannity.

billvon

>You know, speaking of TV news programs, it's quite telling, the direction this nation is
>going, when Hannity on Fox News has the highest rated news show . . .

That's nothing. The Walking Dead has over twice the viewers as Hannity.

I'm talking about News channels. I don't even watch TWD. It's completely irrelevant to the discussion.

nolhtairt

******I find the stuff on here useful, even if the wider world doesn't care. I usually just lurk on SC for the latest summaries and news about the formerly unimaginable events of the Trumpworld "Presidential" Reality Show. Compiled by people who clearly follow events closely and have good memories & data sources, and clear reasoning, I find the info the most concise and useful around.

Unfortunately only rarely are there right wingers around who have reasoned arguments that actually encourage one to see things from another viewpoint or highlight issues that might otherwise get glossed over.

Most of the right-wingers have been run out of here by the vitriol of the left. I'm one of the few long-termers that have stuck around. Don't post as much as I used to I just point out the hypocrisy and the blatant lies.

I come here for the synopsis of the likes of CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC. Just a couple posts and you have it all. The talking points of those left-wing media sites are parroted here very quickly!

You know, speaking of TV news programs, it's quite telling, the direction this nation is going, when Hannity on Fox News has the highest rated news show, and Fox has 14 of the top 20. And then there's CNN's top show, Anderson Cooper 360, sitting waaaaay down there at 24. People are getting tired of CNN's bullshit. :P

https://www.scribd.com/document/375471374/Top-Cable-News-Programs-for-Q1-2018-Total-Viewers

I think you'll find that most Americans who remain informed do not do so by watching cable "news" shows. There's simply not a lot of quality news outlets on cable relative to other media formats. Arguing over which cable news source is better is like arguing about whether dog shit smells better than cat shit.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

nolhtairt

Pretty easy to get them to plead guilty when you threaten them with additional charges if they don't.

Really? These aren't poor, high school dropouts caught with an ounce of pot who are relying on flawed advice from a Public Defender who can't budget more than 45 minutes of work on their case.

These are educated, successful, wealthy people with well paid lawyers who have lived their entire adult lives inside the system. Hell, these are people who are the system. If the threat of additional charges is enough to make them plea-deal, it's going to be because they know those extra charges are legitimate and provable.

So really, what your argument sounds like to me is "Sure a bunch of Trump campaign associates have been indicted and/or found guilty - but it's ok because they've actually done way more crimes than they were charged with!" Is that the effect you were aiming for?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Pretty easy to get them to plead guilty when you threaten them with additional charges if they don't.

Really? These aren't poor, high school dropouts caught with an ounce of pot who are relying on flawed advice from a Public Defender who can't budget more than 45 minutes of work on their case.

These are educated, successful, wealthy people with well paid lawyers who have lived their entire adult lives inside the system. Hell, these are people who are the system. If the threat of additional charges is enough to make them plea-deal, it's going to be because they know those extra charges are legitimate and provable.

So really, what your argument sounds like to me is "Sure a bunch of Trump campaign associates have been indicted and/or found guilty - but it's ok because they've actually done way more crimes than they were charged with!" Is that the effect you were aiming for?

You're underestimating the power the FBI and other federal agencies wield, when someone has an axe to grind.

nolhtairt

You're underestimating the power the FBI and other federal agencies wield, when someone has an axe to grind.

It seems much more likely that you're underestimating the power of wealth when it comes to purchasing a criminal defense.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

nolhtairt

The power to make wealthy, sophisticated, highly politically connected men afraid of completely made up charges? Nope, don't buy it.

The power to make them afraid of real, prosecutable charges? Yeah, they can definitely do that.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Pretty easy to get them to plead guilty when you threaten them with additional charges
>if they don't.

Trey Gowdy: "I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump."

Paul Ryan: "I think Chairman Gowdy's initial assessment's accurate, I think, but we have some more digging to do. We're waiting for some more document requests."

So they did exactly the right thing per GOP leaders.

nolhtairt

******I find the stuff on here useful, even if the wider world doesn't care. I usually just lurk on SC for the latest summaries and news about the formerly unimaginable events of the Trumpworld "Presidential" Reality Show. Compiled by people who clearly follow events closely and have good memories & data sources, and clear reasoning, I find the info the most concise and useful around.

Unfortunately only rarely are there right wingers around who have reasoned arguments that actually encourage one to see things from another viewpoint or highlight issues that might otherwise get glossed over.

Most of the right-wingers have been run out of here by the vitriol of the left. I'm one of the few long-termers that have stuck around. Don't post as much as I used to I just point out the hypocrisy and the blatant lies.

I come here for the synopsis of the likes of CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC. Just a couple posts and you have it all. The talking points of those left-wing media sites are parroted here very quickly!

You know, speaking of TV news programs, it's quite telling, the direction this nation is going, when Hannity on Fox News has the highest rated news show, and Fox has 14 of the top 20. And then there's CNN's top show, Anderson Cooper 360, sitting waaaaay down there at 24. People are getting tired of CNN's bullshit. :P

https://www.scribd.com/document/375471374/Top-Cable-News-Programs-for-Q1-2018-Total-Viewers

Hannity....that's this guy right:

Hannity: This information being reported is absolutely false, my sources say this never happened!!! FAKE NEWS.

20 minutes....

Hannity: So, CNN was right. But who cares, here is a video of a car crash. Have a good night.

Yeah, I think it is indeed telling many Americans watch a show like that for their news. I think it says something else than what you think it shows.

jcd11235

*********I find the stuff on here useful, even if the wider world doesn't care. I usually just lurk on SC for the latest summaries and news about the formerly unimaginable events of the Trumpworld "Presidential" Reality Show. Compiled by people who clearly follow events closely and have good memories & data sources, and clear reasoning, I find the info the most concise and useful around.

You know, speaking of TV news programs, it's quite telling, the direction this nation is going, when Hannity on Fox News has the highest rated news show, a hind Fox has 14 of the top 20. And then there's CNN's top show, Anderson Cooper 360, sitting waaaaay down there at 24. People are getting tired of CNN's bullshit. :P

I think you'll find that most Americans who remain informed do not do so by watching cable "news" shows. There's simply not a lot of quality news outlets on cable relative to other media formats. Arguing over which cable news source is better is like arguing about whether dog shit smells better than cat shit.

Now you think you're an expert on where Americans get their news huh? Priceless!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So now we got some leaks coming out about the inspector General's report. Interesting, because it looks like McCabe, Comey, and Lynch are in a heap deep pile of kimchi.
Abraham Lincoln

And now GOP Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr has this to say: "I think that Trey Gowdy's description of the process was correct." So there was no evil spying campaign - just the FBI doing their job, and doing it well. Four prominent GOPers have just confirmed it.

Looks like the whole "it's the Democrats spying on me! BIGGER THAN WATERGATE!" thing is dead in the water. There will be a lot of Trumpies crying in their beer tonight.

jcd11235

***Now you think you're an expert on where Americans get their news huh? Priceless!

I referenced only a small proportion of American adults.

In my opinion, you reference nothing. You just threw out bulshit statistics that you thought everybody would suck down!

You failed!
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

And now GOP Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr has this to say: "I think that Trey Gowdy's description of the process was correct." So there was no evil spying campaign - just the FBI doing their job, and doing it well. Four prominent GOPers have just confirmed it.

Looks like the whole "it's the Democrats spying on me! BIGGER THAN WATERGATE!" thing is dead in the water. There will be a lot of Trumpies crying in their beer tonight.

Time will tell!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

So now we got some leaks coming out about the inspector General's report. Interesting, because it looks like McCabe, Comey, and Lynch are in a heap deep pile of kimchi.

Do you ever get tired of running here to post the latest Breitbart headline only to be proven wrong a few hours later?
I got nuthin

rushmc

That Left Wing Radical, Paul Ryan must be cahoots with Nancy Pelosi now. He says the FBI acted correctly.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***So now we got some leaks coming out about the inspector General's report. Interesting, because it looks like McCabe, Comey, and Lynch are in a heap deep pile of kimchi.

That Left Wing Radical, Paul Ryan must be cahoots with Nancy Pelosi now. He says the FBI acted correctly.

He’s a RINO. Can’t trust him!