2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

The uranium sale is not done yet either.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that this deal was actually a sale of Uranium from within our borders to Russia?

No. But we do know that some went to Canada, the Europe and then from there no one knows

They should start calling this LOLURANIUM with a meme, because it's such a dumb non-story.

Those that need to know know where it all goes. Uranium shipments, which are massive annually, are fairly well tracked.

Uranium One exports concentrates to Canada to be turned into nuclear fuel which is then exported back to the United States, as uranium mills and refineries in Canada are part of the fuel cycle.

There's nothing here, no matter how desperate the GOP is.

Lawndarter

The uranium sale is not done yet either.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that this deal was actually a sale of Uranium from within our borders to Russia?

No. But we do know that some went to Canada, the Europe and then from there no one knows

They should start calling this LOLURANIUM with a meme, because it's such a dumb non-story.

Those that need to know know where it all goes. Uranium shipments, which are massive annually, are fairly well tracked.

Uranium One exports concentrates to Canada to be turned into nuclear fuel which is then exported back to the United States, as uranium mills and refineries in Canada are part of the fuel cycle.

There's nothing here, no matter how desperate the GOP is.

You are incorrect.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>There's nothing here, no matter how desperate the GOP is.

Up next - a close personal friend* of Killary's sold JET FIGHTER FUEL** to Russia*** so they could use it to attack America****! Why isn't she in JAIL?

(* - She met him three times!)
(** - Well, really crude oil, but same thing)
(*** - Well, they sold it to China, and China sold it to Russia, but it's like she handed it to Putin.)
(**** - OK so they haven't attacked us - but they COULD!)

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a key conservative and House Freedom Caucus member, said Thursday that special counsel Robert Mueller is in a "precarious position" over the Uranium One deal, given his lack of action on the issue.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/359732-key-conservative-mueller-in-a-precarious-position-over-uranium-one

Politics over country by another trump panderer.

Looks like Flynn and his son are going down as well, this time for attempted kidnapping:

===========================
Mueller Probes Flynn’s Role in Alleged Plan to Deliver Cleric to Turkey

Under alleged plan, ex-Trump adviser and his son were to be paid millions to forcibly remove Fethullah Gulen from U.S. and deliver him to Turkish custody

By James V. Grimaldi, Shane Harris and Aruna Viswanatha
Nov. 10, 2017 5:33 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON—Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating an alleged plan involving former White House national security adviser Mike Flynn to forcibly remove a Muslim cleric living in the U.S. and deliver him to Turkey in return for millions of dollars, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Under the alleged proposal, Mr. Flynn and his son, Michael Flynn Jr., were to be paid as much as $15 million for delivering Fethulla Gulen to the Turkish Government.
=============================

Trump, 2016: "I am self funding and will hire the best people!"

You can all relax and get over it now.

Trump says he believes Putin's election meddling denials

Trump has determined that Putin is not a liar. And he should know one when he sees one. I'm just guessing here, but I imagine he looked into the man's soul. It's how a POTUS is supposed to judge Russians after all.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/president-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

You can all relax and get over it now.

Trump says he believes Putin's election meddling denials

Trump has determined that Putin is not a liar. And he should know one when he sees one.

He's proved that he's a good judge of character with his appointments: Flynn, Spicer, Scaramucci, Priebus, Bannon, Price, Walsh, Dubke, Short......

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

>Trump says he believes Putin's election meddling denials

Of course. When Putin wins the presidency for you, you're going to believe him over the NSA, FBI, CIA and DHS. It's his word over, well, anyone's. You owe him that much, at least.

CIA Contradicts Trump On Russian Meddling
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/cia-contradicts-trump-on-russian-meddling/vp-BBERa4P

Which leads Russian coverage of this whole matter to:

Donald Trump has branded the ‘Russian election meddling’ rhetoric a “Democratic hit job,” saying, that both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton just “didn't have the chemistry” to build good relations with Vladimir Putin, because, you know, “there is a talent to that.”

Following three brief encounters between the Russian and US presidents on the grounds of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Vietnam, Trump shared his insights with reporters aboard Air Force One Saturday. President Putin appears to be “very insulted” by the allegations of Russian involvement in the 2016 US presidential election, according to Trump, which “is not a good thing for our country,” he added.
https://www.rt.com/usa/409575-trump-putin-chemistry-meddling/

So after Russia attacked American independence and the American electoral process. trump takes on the job of supporting a dictator, a kleptomaniac and a murderer of dissidents. President Putin.

Meanwhile a real American hero, on Veterans day:

McCain slams Trump over siding with Putin on Russia meddling
"President Trump today stated that he believed Vladimir Putin is being sincere when he denies Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and reiterated that he hopes to cooperate with Russia in Syria," McCain, a strong critic of the President, said in a statement. "There's nothing 'America First' about taking the word of a KGB colonel over that of the American intelligence community. There's no 'principled realism' in cooperating with Russia to prop up the murderous Assad regime, which remains the greatest obstacle to a political solution that would bring an end to the bloodshed in Syria. Vladimir Putin does not have America's interests at heart. To believe otherwise is not only naive but also places our national security at risk."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump-russia/index.html

John McCain on Veterans day, has to make a statement like that. About an American president, from his own party. All while battling cancer, shameful.

Which brings up the old Russian proverb:
"“There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out.”

Don't worry there is good faith in Mueller when it concerns trump and Russia with regards to "finding out".

billvon

>Trump says he believes Putin's election meddling denials

Of course. When Putin wins the presidency for you, you're going to believe him over the NSA, FBI, CIA and DHS. It's his word over, well, anyone's. You owe him that much, at least.

My favorite quote of all of this:

"He said he didn't meddle. He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times,"

I'm picturing every alphabet agency intel meeting this morning: "So, did you try asking againg? You can only so many times..."
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin asks this simple question today: "What more evidence of Trump-Russia collusion do you need?"

She continues:

"To say that there is no evidence of collusion, then, would be one more big lie in a series of big lies the administration has deployed to defend itself in the Russia investigation that threatens to sink this presidency."

billvon

Conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin asks this simple question today: "What more evidence of Trump-Russia collusion do you need?"

She continues:

"To say that there is no evidence of collusion, then, would be one more big lie in a series of big lies the administration has deployed to defend itself in the Russia investigation that threatens to sink this presidency."

Either Sessions has a memory like St. Ronald Reagan, or lies like Trump:

www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-likely-to-be-questioned-about-trump-campaign-dealings-with-russians-at-house-judiciary-hearing/2017/11/13/bc20b7fc-c894-11e7-aa96-54417592cf72_story.html?undefined=&utm_term=.a40e032f9d7d&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

>He's claimed he can't recall or remember more than the number of times Hillary
>did, which he claimed was criminal on her part.

Yep. Clinton "could not remember" 40 times over 2 years of hearings.

Sen. Jeffries asked how many times Sessions said "he could not recall."

Jeffries:“You stated under oath ‘I don’t recall’ in some form or fashion 29 times. Is that correct?”
Sessions: “I have no idea."
Jeffries: ". . . Before the Senate Intelligence Committee you stated ‘I don’t recall’ in some form or fashion approximately 36 times. is that correct?”
Sessions: "I don’t know."
Jeffries: "In your testimony today, you stated ‘I don’t recall’ at least 20 times, is that fair to say?”
Sessions: "I have no idea."

For a total of . . . . 85 times. (88 times if you count not knowing how many times you didn't recall.) Can he hit triple digits? I bet he can!

Jeffries also pointed this out:

“In [your speech] you acknowledged that while serving as U.S. Attorney, you once prosecuted a young police officer who lied in a deposition. And in that speech, you decided to prosecute that young police officer even though he corrected his testimony. Now, you testified under oath before the senate judiciary committee in January. You subsequently corrected that testimony in a March 6th written submission and have been forced repeatedly to come back to the senate and now the house to clarify. When explaining your vote on the senate floor to remove bill Clinton from office, you stated that you refused to hold a president accountable to a different standard than the young police officer who you prosecuted. Let me be clear. The attorney general of the United States of America should not be held to a different standard than the young police officer who's life you ruined by prosecuting him for perjury."

There's only one thing for Sessions to do at this point - investigate Hillary Clinton some more!

So let's see:

Trump publicly asked Moscow to hack the DNC servers, promising them a reward if they did do.

All US intelligence agencies agree that there was a concerted effort by Russia to sway the election to Trump.

New evidence emerges every day that many of the "social media attacks" on Clinton during the campaign were in fact Russian bots.

Trump's team eagerly attended a meeting where they were promised dirt on Clinton provided by Russian agents.

One of his staff has already pled guilty to lying about Russia's involvement in the election, and in fact attended meetings where he was promised dirt.

Two more of his staff are under indictment and are facing decades in prison. At least two more are facing indictment in the very near future over their lies to investigators.

His own attorney general is now "unable to remember" most of what happened during the campaign and early administration.

The Russians sent a lot of money to the US "to finance election campaign of 2016."

Trump utilized the Wikileaks dumps - dumps that originated from Russia's hacking of US servers - by referencing them 145 times during the campaign.

One of Trump's first acts in office was to try to benefit Russia by tweaking the sanctions against them.

I guess this is the point where RushMC returns to say "there's NO PROOF!" Or - better yet - call to investigate Hillary Clinton again.

billvon

I guess this is the point where RushMC returns to say "there's NO PROOF!" Or - better yet - call to investigate Hillary Clinton again.

He's been unusually quiet recently.

Perhaps the nothingburger has lodged in his throat.

Guardian: How Trump walked into Putin’s web
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/15/how-trump-walked-into-putins-web-luke

The first half is a bio of Christopher Steele.
The second half is the background of the Steele Dossier.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Lawmakers Call Out Trump Administration for Russia Sanctions Delay
Two top lawmakers remain frustrated over the Trump administration’s failure to start implementing a set of congressionally mandated Russia sanctions on time, and are considering other avenues to pressure officials to act.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/lawmakers-call-out-trump-administration-for-russia-sanctions-delay/article/2010193

Well congress has provided a partial response and a end run around trump in a measure to respond to Russia, Putin.
Senate sends budget-busting defense bill to Trump
The Senate gave final approval to the $700 billion compromise defense policy bill Thursday that would advocate a major military buildup called for by congressional defense hawks, but would bust through strict caps on defense spending to do it....

The measure would authorize just under $700 billion in national defense spending for this 2018 fiscal year....

The bill’s topline comes in well above the Trump administration's $603 billion defense budget request. Lawmakers, however, authorized billions of dollars more to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps, build more ships and boost research and development and the procurement of missile defense technology....

While the legislation would authorize more military spending that would exceed even the hawkish Trump administration’s plans, the bill would smash through spending caps set by the 2011 Budget Control Act. That law, enacted in an effort to reduce the deficit, limits defense spending to $549 billion during this fiscal year...

The final compromise bill includes billions of dollars more for helicopters, fighters, ships and personnel that weren’t requested by the Pentagon in its annual budget.

It would boost Navy shipbuilding by authorizing 13 new ships, five more than requested, including an extra Littoral Combat Ship, destroyer and amphibious ship. And it would authorize 24 Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet fighters, 10 more than requested, as well as 90 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters, 20 above the budget request.

Under the bill, the Army would grow by 7,500 active-duty troops over last year, and the Marine Corps by 1,000 active-duty personnel. The Air Force would increase by 4,100 active-duty personnel, and the Navy by 4,000 active-duty personnel."
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/senate-defense-spending-budget-trump-165974

So the response to Russia and Putin is a bill that has an increase in spending that amounts to more than 144% of the entire Russian annual defense spending budget.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Nick Harding interview on NPR's Fresh Air.

Interesting discussion about Trump and Russia with some new information I've not seen before. This journalist seems very credible to me.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/21/565654507/journalist-investigating-trump-and-russia-says-full-picture-is-one-of-collusion

One interesting point is while Russia's attempt to influence this election might have tactically been a success, since they got the candidate they wanted, it has been a strategic failure, since sanctions have not been removed.

The key question is now that the truth is coming out about Russia's attempt to influence elections, will they keep trying it.

This is the most disturbing part about this story. I see republicans and democrats so intent on attacking each other that they forget their is a larger enemy looming in the shadows.

AlanS

This is the most disturbing part about this story. I see republicans and democrats so intent on attacking each other that they forget their is a larger enemy looming in the shadows.

I disagree. I see democrats attacking Trump because there is a larger enemy looming in the shadows, and the republicans intent on ignoring the enemy because defending Trump is more important.

You can see them saying as much way back at the start of this thread. That Russian election interference shouldn't even be investigated because Trump would have won anyway :S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

AlanS

Interesting discussion about Trump and Russia with some new information I've not seen before. This journalist seems very credible to me.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/21/565654507/journalist-investigating-trump-and-russia-says-full-picture-is-one-of-collusion

One interesting point is while Russia's attempt to influence this election might have tactically been a success, since they got the candidate they wanted, it has been a strategic failure, since sanctions have not been removed.

The key question is now that the truth is coming out about Russia's attempt to influence elections, will they keep trying it.

House overwhelmingly passes Russia sanctions bill
, Tue July 25, 2017
"The House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a bill giving Congress the power to block any effort by the White House to weaken sanctions on Russia, offering a direct challenge to President Donald Trump's authority.
The vote was 419-3. The legislation moves to the Senate, but it's unclear when the Senate will vote on the measure, which includes new sanctions against Russia, Iran and North Korea. Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman Bob Corker indicated Monday he may want to make some tweaks to the bill, which was negotiated between the House and Senate after the initial version he drafted sailed through on a 98-2 vote."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/iran-sanctions-bill/index.html

See the first paragraph of the post right before yours.

"Lawmakers Call Out Trump Administration for Russia Sanctions Delay"

It appears as if the entire senate has got the message about Russia election meddling except for three.

IMO there is so much going on with budget battles and trump distractions. That not much else is going to happen this year.

trump, well he has enough time to talk to President Putin for a hour and a half, the other day. But not enough yet to sign the bill. But don't forget that trump doesn't want the tapes released of his hotel room trists. In Russian hotel rooms with hookers and Russian FSB female agents.

AlanS

I think they got just the result they were looking for which is to sow confusion and create infighting and thereby sully our reputation on the international scene. We have half the country trying to ban people because of their religion, that's enough for terrorist recruiters to work with.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher