2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Frontline shows are always worth watching.

This is required watching. For anyone concerned about how Russia tried to undermine American (and Western democracy).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/watch-the-election-clash-that-fueled-putins-ire-against-clinton/

Hopefully someday. Russia is a free country in a post Putin era, but in the mean time this Mafia like country is what we will need to deal with.

Every voter needs to understand the tactics Putin used to undermine our election.

AlanS

Frontline shows are always worth watching.

This is required watching. For anyone concerned about how Russia tried to undermine American (and Western democracy).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/watch-the-election-clash-that-fueled-putins-ire-against-clinton/

Hopefully someday. Russia is a free country in a post Putin era, but in the mean time this Mafia like country is what we will need to deal with.

Every voter needs to understand the tactics Putin used to undermine our election.

Absolutely correct. They have done other stories on Russia and Putin. The kleptocracy dictatorship will be a burden on Russians until a free press and free opposition develops.

Autocratic leaders with penchants for enriching themselves,their families and their supporters. Who corrupt, destroy, oversight and mechanisms that would expose these actions. Are enemies of democracy, freedom, the rule of law and the entire concept of a country's identity.

billvon

>This so-called Russia collusion story is getting real interesting Bill.

This is about the fourth attempt you've made to distract from the ongoing criminal investigation into the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia. The first three failed. You think this one is going to be any different, just because you REALLY REALLY want it to be? I don't. I think you will fail, again.

Really?

According to reports it does not look like Trump is under investigation at all.

But we do know now that there was Russian collusion.

But it was not Trump but rather the Clinton camp and the DNC.
And they are all lawyering up!!!(which you made a big deal out of earlier):)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Phil1111

Autocratic leaders with penchants for enriching themselves,their families and their supporters. Who corrupt, destroy, oversight and mechanisms that would expose these actions. Are enemies of democracy, freedom, the rule of law and the entire concept of a country's identity.

This thread is about Russia, yes?
;)

aphid

;)

Trump will be gone in a few years, and Putin will remain.

Yes this is about Russia.

aphid

;)

As befits a mob figure. Putin hides his family away. Any implied reference to a famous unnamed US leader. Is merely coincidental.

Yes believe it or not Putin has a family. He uses underlings to kill opponents. Uses other oligarchs to pay homage for his licensees to pillage Russian industry. Rather than operating openly and doing it himself. This gives him deniability, protection and obfuscation in operations. Just like he uses cyberwar for political advantage. The FSB training is not without credit.

He parks his family, in all places, France.
http://time.com/4816044/russia-putin-biarritz-protests-alexei-navalny/

>According to reports it does not look like Trump is under investigation at all.

Most recent:

July 9: NYT reports that Donald Trump Jr. met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer on June 9, 2016 after being promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton — "the first public indication that at least some in the campaign were willing to accept Russian help."

July 11: NYT publishes emails between Rob Goldstone ("This is obviously very high level and sensitive information, but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump") and Donald Trump Jr. ("If it's what you say, I love it." The entire email exchange is entitled: "Russia — Clinton — private and confidential."

July 31: WaPo reports that Trump dictated his son’s misleading statement about that meeting with the Russian lawyer.

Aug 3: WSJ reports that special counsel Mueller impaneled a grand jury in his Russia investigation.

Aug 9: WaPo reports that the FBI searched Paul Manafort's home on July 26.

Oct. 4: Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, says his committee continues to look at whether there was collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. “There are concerns that we continue to pursue: collusion. The committee continues to look into all evidence to see if there was any hint of collusion.”

Oct. 25: The Daily Beast reports that the head of Trump’s data-analytics firm Cambridge Analytica wrote in an email last year that he reached out to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange about Hillary Clinton’s missing 33,000 emails.

>But it was not Trump but rather the Clinton camp and the DNC.

Keep trying! I loved the "underage prostitution at the pizza place" attempt from months ago.

Trump campaign officials respond to revelations about their connections with shady Assange-linked firm. Response can be summed up as "oh shit. uh . . . we never heard of them! And if we did, they didn't do anything for us. Really!"

From Business Insider:

=======================
The Trump campaign is scrambling to distance itself from Cambridge Analytica amid Assange-Hillary Clinton email flap

Oct. 25, 2017, 6:03 PM

Key members of President Donald Trump's campaign team scrambled Wednesday to distance themselves from the data mining and analysis company Cambridge Analytica, whose CEO reportedly reached out to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange during the presidential campaign to offer help in finding Hillary Clinton's "missing" emails.

The Trump campaign hired Cambridge Analytica in June 2016 to help target ads using voter data collected from approximately 230 million US adults.

Multiple outlets, including NBC News and The Washington Post, reported that the campaign paid Cambridge Analytica more than $5 million in September alone, up from $250,000 in August.

But Michael S. Glassner, the executive director of Trump's campaign, said in a statement on Wednesday — hours after The Daily Beast reported on the data firm's outreach to Assange — that the only source of voter data that played a key role in Trump's election victory was the Republican National Committee.
========================

But unfortunately for them:

"WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange confirmed in a tweet that the data firm's CEO reached out to him asking to help find Hillary Clinton's missing emails."

From the article:

===========
In the past week, Ms. Veselnitskaya’s allegations — that major Democratic donors were guilty of financial fraud and tax evasion — have been embraced at the highest levels of the Russian government. President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia repeated her charges at length last week at an annual conference of Western academics. A state-run television network recently made them the subject of two special reports, featuring interviews with Ms. Veselnitskaya and Mr. Chaika.

The matching messages point to a synchronized information campaign. Like some other Russian experts, Stephen Blank, a senior fellow with the nonprofit American Foreign Policy Council in Washington, said they indicate that Ms. Veselnitskaya’s actions “were coordinated from the very top.”
=============

Russia has never had such allies as the GOP.

billvon

>Seems the nothingburger might be tasty after all.

I look forward to the right wing's attempts to spin this. "He didn't do it! Witch hunt. He wasn't really part of the campaign. Even if he did it, it wasn't that bad. Clinton did it first."

Trump team’s response to Russia news: Focus on Clinton, leaks or anything else

Caught off guard by reports of criminal charges in the Russia probe, Trump advisers sought to keep up their political attacks and divert attention from allegations of Russian collusion.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/28/trump-russia-clinton-mueller-244271

kallend

Interesting that the Trump camp is resurrecting the proven LIE that Hillary Clinton sold 20% of US uranium stockpile to Russia. The meme is all over Facebook today.

Desperate times for the Trumps.

Well, the desperation seems to have returned since the uranium story has come back.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Well, the desperation seems to have returned since the uranium story has come back.

Funny tweet from Trump today (paraphrased) -

"I've tried every distraction I can think of and nothing is working! Somebody DO SOMETHING!"

Actual tweetstorm:

"Never seen such Republican ANGER & UNITY as I have concerning the lack of investigation on Clinton made Fake Dossier (now $12,000,000?),....the Uranium to Russia deal, the 33,000 plus deleted Emails, the Comey fix and so much more. Instead they look at phony Trump/Russia,.. 'collusion,' which doesn't exist. The Dems are using this terrible (and bad for our country) Witch Hunt for evil politics, but the R's.....are now fighting back like never before. There is so much GUILT by Democrats/Clinton, and now the facts are pouring out. DO SOMETHING!"

After today's tweetstorm, Senate intelligence says "fraid not" to Trump's claim. From CNN:
=======================================
Despite President Donald Trump's claim that it is "commonly agreed" that his campaign did not collude with Russia during last year's election, Senate intelligence committee member Angus King said there's still plenty of investigating left to do.

"No, I don't think so," the Maine independent said when asked on CNN's "State of the Union" whether Trump's claim was correct.

"It's certainly not commonly agreed in our committee, and we're the ones doing the investigation," he said, referring to his panel's investigation into Russia's efforts to influence the 2016 election.
======================================

JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

Anyone want to take a stab at who the indictments are for?

I was having dinner with my son last night & he thinks Manafort & Flynn.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

I'm going to agree with your son.

Both have some pretty solid evidence against them (at least it appears that way).
Neither is currently in any position in the government.

Hopefully it's just the beginning.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi Joe,

And I did not disagree with him.

However, I told him I would rather see it be Manafort & Flynn Jr. IMO Gen Flynn maybe just as crazy as Gordon Liddy; do the time in prison and move on.

IMO if they were indict Manafort & Flynn Jr they both might just spill their guts to stay out of the clink.

Stay tuned, film at 11,

Jerry Baumchen

wolfriverjoe

***Hi folks,

Anyone want to take a stab at who the indictments are for?

I was having dinner with my son last night & he thinks Manafort & Flynn.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Both have some pretty solid evidence against them (at least it appears that way).
Neither is currently in any position in the government.

Hopefully it's just the beginning.

Let's play another game - how soon after the arrests will pardons be made?

I'm saying <72 hours.