2 2
billvon

Russiagate

gowlerk

Prepare for your world to be rocked.

It won't make a blind bit of difference to people like rush or Ron.

Trump could be led away in chains and it would STILL be Obama's fault. Muller could find signed and fingerprinted documentation from Trump stating explicitly that he'll give Putin a reacharound every other Monday in return for help during the election and it'll STILL be fake news made up by the evil liberal media.

And after all that Ron will state that it is STILL better than Hillary being president, and rush will STILL claim that Hillary has committed crimes and should be locked up - despite the fact you're absolutely right. It's simply not relevant to the current events...

Facts and official findings have no place in their world.

yoink

Trump could be led away in chains and it would STILL be Obama's fault. Muller could find signed and fingerprinted documentation from Trump stating explicitly that he'll give Putin a reacharound every other Monday in return for help during the election and it'll STILL be fake news made up by the evil liberal media.

And after all that Ron will state that it is STILL better than Hillary being president, and rush will STILL claim that Hillary has committed crimes and should be locked up - despite the fact you're absolutely right. It's simply not relevant to the current events...

It's all like America's Favorite Pastime - Baseball.

When the home team tries to pick off the guy at 1st, it's all silence, but if the away team does it, Boooooooooo!

In baseball, it doesn't matter if you have 20 hits and only 5 runs if they have 10 hits and 6 runs. . .they still win.

In this game:

Rush/Ron/Trump: 62,984,825 hits - 304 Runs

You/Hillary: 65,853,516 hits - 227 Runs

Don't pretend you'd play the game differently. . .

DirtyChai

When the home team tries to pick off the guy at 1st, it's all silence, but if the away team does it, Boooooooooo!

In baseball, it doesn't matter if you have 20 hits and only 5 runs if they have 10 hits and 6 runs. . .they still win.

In this game:

Great analogy!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

In this game:

Great analogy!

SAD, BAD analogy.

The correct interpretation of this is football.

trump is the quarterback and calls bad improvised plays on the line of scrimmage. He blames the receivers for bad passes on routes that cross the middle of the field. That result in DB's laying big hits on defenseless teammates.

After the game he calls out his teammates with blame all around. All the while heaping praise on the QB of the hated enemy team in order to get traded for the big bucks.

Phil1111

SAD, BAD analogy.

The correct interpretation of this is football.

trump is the quarterback and calls bad improvised plays on the line of scrimmage. He blames the receivers for bad passes on routes that cross the middle of the field. That result in DB's laying big hits on defenseless teammates.

After the game he calls out his teammates with blame all around. All the while heaping praise on the QB of the hated enemy team in order to get traded for the big bucks.

And everyone involved is brain damaged.

Football it is!

DirtyChai

In this game:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about or why you're responding to me. But then I know nothing about baseball.

I guess what you're saying is that Trump won, despite having fewer votes and that I'd campaign the same way?
If so, I agree. The discussion about how flawed a system that can allow this to happen 4 times is for another thread, but you're right - I'd play the game to the rules that exist, not the rules that I'd LIKE to exist.
That doesn't preclude me from wanting to change them though.

The problem is that it has absolutely no relevance to my post. None. If you want a discussion about voting systems, start a new thread and we can talk it over there.

Read my post again - I was pointing out that rush and Ron 'believe' (and that's the key word) in Trump so absolutely that the actual facts of any event wouldn't alter their belief in Trump any more than pictures of the earth or any other evidence from space don't change the beliefs of people who believe in a flat earth.
I think that Trump could literally be caught red-handed and they still wouldn't say he was a criminal or should be replaced, instead probably pointing out how evil Hillary or Obama was.

Ron has stated it outright (and I respect him for being honest about it). If facts contradict his belief system he chooses to go with what he believes. Rush acts in the same way (but hasn't gone so far as to admit to that).

Gowlerk basically stated that all of these investigations, allegations and evidence that is starting to collect around the Russiagate scandal would 'rock' rush's world.

My post, because of the reasons outlined above, points out why that just isn't the case for die-hard believers. There is simply no proof or evidence that could be provided that would change what they believe. It's an emotional argument, not a factual one.

Gowlerk basically stated that all of these investigations, allegations and evidence that is starting to collect around the Russiagate scandal would 'rock' rush's world.

I agree with all that you are saying. What I mean by "rock his world" is not that it will in any way affect his belief. I mean that he will erupt in anger and bitterness when the Trump era comes to an early end.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

yoink

In this game:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about or why you're responding to me. But then I know nothing about baseball.

I guess what you're saying is that Trump won, despite having fewer votes and that I'd campaign the same way?

Yes, that was the second part of the analogy. The first part was about team loyalty.

yoink

I'd play the game to the rules that exist, not the rules that I'd LIKE to exist. That doesn't preclude me from wanting to change them though.

If Hillary lost the popular vote but won the election, I'm not so sure the left would want to change them. They would most likely be praising an electoral system that prevented someone like Trump from being elected. It would be the republicans crying about changing the system.

It's just like the pick-off move in baseball I was talking about. When the home team does it, nobody complains, but when the away team does it, the fans jeer from the stands.

Personally, I think this election was a bit of an anomaly. The dems actually stand to gain the most with the electoral college. All they have to do is nominate a normal, walking, talking adult with the slightest semblance of sincerity and they'd sweep the rust belt, thus securing a landslide victory over and over again.

But then again, I'm sure they'll do their best to prop up someone even stiffer than Pence in the next election. . .

Even a traditional dem like Jim Webb could've easily beaten Trump, but the left couldn't get over their hoplophobia and perceived racism. . .they are just so hellbent on perfect adhesion to political correctness that they end up with some fake automaton that can barely speak like a normal human being. . .

More trouble for Manafort; new evidence that he knew what Russia was up to, and that one of the people at the meeting had strong ties to the Kremlin. Drip, drip, drip . . . .

=======================
New Trump-Russia emails could establish a 'devastating' legal entanglement for Paul Manafort

Aug. 15, 2017, 8:30 AM 249,480
Business Insider

- Newly reported emails show a campaign foreign-policy adviser's efforts to set up a meeting between Donald Trump, then a candidate, and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

- Paul Manafort, the campaign chairman, expressed concern about the proposal and rejected the request.

- Experts say the emails could pose a "devastating" legal entanglement for Manafort.

The ongoing investigation into whether President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with Moscow during the 2016 election gained new traction on Monday when The Washington Post reported that a foreign-policy adviser, George Papadopolous, sent at least six emails during the campaign offering to set up meetings with Russian leaders.

Papadopolous sent the first email to seven campaign advisers in March 2016 with the subject line "Meeting with Russian Leadership - Including Putin." His requests were reportedly met with hesitancy from multiple campaign officials, including retired Navy Rear Adm. Charles Kubic, who voiced concerns about violating both US sanctions on Russia and the Logan Act, a law forbidding US citizens from negotiating with foreign governments without authorization.. . .

"If anyone on those emails later met with Russians or accepted aid from them," [federal prosecutor] Mariotti continued, "the prior emails about concerns could be used to indicate that they knew that the meeting was problematic and potentially illegal but nonetheless persisted."

================================
The lobbyist at Trump Jr.'s Russia meeting may have stronger links to the Kremlin than we knew

Aug. 22, 2017
Business Insider

- Rinat Akhmetshin, the Russian lobbyist and ex-Soviet military intelligence officer who was at Donald Trump Jr.'s Trump Tower Russia meeting last June, has deep connections to the Kremlin.

- He was involved in two hacking-related cases after working for Russian businessmen who were closely allied to Vladimir Putin.

- Akhmetshin has also told reporters he is a "longtime acquaintance" of Paul Manafort, though Manafort's spokesman denied the claim.

Rinat Akhmetshin, the Russian lobbyist who was present at Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer last June at Trump Tower, may have stronger ties to the Kremlin than previously reported, The New York Times reported Monday.

A former Soviet military intelligence officer, Akhmetshin has long been tied to Kremlin-linked individuals, but the new Times report has drawn connections between Akhmetshin and several high profile Russian billionaires, for whom he supposedly worked. The billionaires were embroiled in contentious legal battles and have been accused of hacking their opponents.

Further, the Times found that, in 2010, Akhmetshin began working with Viktor Ivanov, who used to be the deputy head of Russia's intelligence agency, the F.S.B., and who previously served as a top adviser to Putin.

In an affidavit Akhmetshin provided in one of the hacking cases, he said he had spoken to Ivanov about topics "from narco-trafficking and terrorism in Afghanistan to surveillance of undercover agents, suspected undercover agents and their identities."
====================

In the latest payback to Putin, Trump exempts Russian-owned energy company from sanctions.

====================
The White House on Friday announced a new round of sanctions against Venezuela that explicitly exempt the U.S. arm of the country’s state-owned oil company. That company, Citgo, donated six-figure sums to Trump’s inauguration and recently hired former Trump officials to lobby for that exemption. . . .

Citgo sought favor with the Trump administration even before the president took office. It pitched in $500,000 to fund the president’s inaugural ceremony, according to Federal Election Commission records— a break from previous inaugurations, which the company had not bothered to finance.

The exemption Citgo received from the Trump administration in this latest round of sanctions won’t just benefit PDVSA, it will also benefit a Russian company that has been fighting U.S. sanctions on a wholly separate front. Months before the Trump inauguration PDVSA mortgaged 49.9% of Citgo to state-owned Russian energy giant Rosneft as collateral for a $1.5 billion loan to the Venezuelan parent company. Rosneft paid another $1 billion this month for crude oil from the cash-strapped PDVSA, which is the Russian firm’s largest non-Russian supplier.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-just-gave-a-big-carve-out-to-citgo-an-oil-giant-repped-by-his-ex-aides
========================

More evidence that Trump sought Russia's influence to help him in the election.

=============================
Trump’s business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president

The Washington Post
By Carol D. Leonnig
August 27 at 10:47 PM

While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers.

As part of the discussions, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested that he could get President Vladimir Putin to say “great things” about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.

. . .The details of the deal, which have not previously been disclosed, provide evidence that Trump’s business was actively pursuing significant commercial interests in Russia at the same time he was campaigning to be president — and in a position to determine U.S.-Russia relations. The new details from the emails, which are scheduled to be turned over to congressional investigators soon, also point to the likelihood of additional contacts between Russia-connected individuals and Trump associates during his presidential bid.
===============================

Some background on Sater, the Russian guy Trump sent to Russia:

1991: Got into an argument with a commodities broker at the El Rio Grande restaurant and bar in Midtown. He stabbed the man's cheek and neck with the stem of a margarita glass, breaking his jaw, lacerating his face, and severing nerves, creating a wound that would require 110 stitches to treat.

1998: Convicted of fraud in connection to a $40 million penny stock pump and dump scheme conducted by the Russian Mafia.

2017: Implicated in international money laundering scheme involving Viktor Khrapunov, a former government minister in Kazakhstan.

A perfect Trump ally.

billvon

Some background on Sater, the Russian guy Trump sent to Russia:

1991: Got into an argument with a commodities broker at the El Rio Grande restaurant and bar in Midtown. He stabbed the man's cheek and neck with the stem of a margarita glass, breaking his jaw, lacerating his face, and severing nerves, creating a wound that would require 110 stitches to treat.

1998: Convicted of fraud in connection to a $40 million penny stock pump and dump scheme conducted by the Russian Mafia.

2017: Implicated in international money laundering scheme involving Viktor Khrapunov, a former government minister in Kazakhstan.

A perfect Trump ally.

How to use Trump Tower and other luxury high-rises to clean dirty money, run an international crime syndicate, and propel a failed real estate developer into the White House.
https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

From ABC News, new evidence that Trump is continuing to lie about his Russia connections:

========
Four months into his campaign for president of the United States, Donald Trump signed a “letter of intent” to pursue a Trump Tower-style building development in Moscow, according to a statement from the then-Trump Organization Chief Counsel Michael Cohen.

The involvement of then-candidate Trump in a proposed Russian development deal contradicts repeated statements Trump made during the campaign, including telling ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in July 2016 that his business had “no relationship to Russia whatsoever.”
=========

What else is he hiding?

not so much that we do not care, Mueller has done the job properly....behind the doors of the FBI, so we are not saturated daily with leaks and possible tangents as the investigation proceeds.

I expect the investigation is progressing just as the FBI would do any investigation, and they will not tell us anything until there is something to tell. or nothing to tell. But the investigation will come to a close some day, and probably not in 'pre-election press conference' style.

normiss

The Kremlin confirms it received Trump attorney Michael Cohen's email about a Moscow real estate deal.

On the front end Russia wins by discrediting Hillary, on the back end they can discredit the sitting POTUS by leaking more.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher