2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

Yep, it's changed massively for you.

Trump Jr, Kushner and Manafort met with someone they believed to be a Kremlin representative, who they believed had 'official documents... high level and sensitive information' from the Kremlin that was part of Russian Government 'support for Mr Trump'.

In all of the months and months of questioning about whether anyone in the Trump campaign had contact with Russian government cutouts they denied that this had happened, and you supported their denials.

What do you say now?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

The contents of the emails alone should lead to prosecution of multiple people including POTUS.
Unbelievable.

I can hear the clock ticking now. Counting down the time till the real fight begins. Trump will not go quietly into the night. Mueller will release his report, the indictments will start, and Trump will do what Trump does. Fight back as nasty as he can. He will not hesitate in the least to drag anyone, or even the whole country down to his level. And about a third of your country will follow him there.

The current shit show will look like the good old days. But eventually it will be over, he will be gone, and America can work at becoming Great Again.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

SkyDekker

He will hang his kids out to dry to try and preserve his position and liberally use the presidential pardon along the way.

Perfect tactic. Pardon Don Jr now for anything he might have done. Then, "Why are you still investigating him? What's the point? You can't convict him anyway so it's a giant waste of money - this is how petty the fake news liberals are folks!'

It was a drunk Tweet, it doesn't count.

But seriously, either Jr.'s lawyer is a genius and spoiling the jury pool or should be put on suicide watch. I just can't fathom what Jr. was thinking? Maybe that the email proves their is something on Hillary and that's what is important here? Which puts them all in a juxtaposition on the narrative that the leaks are what matter, not the content.

melch

It was a drunk Tweet, it doesn't count.

But seriously, either Jr.'s lawyer is a genius and spoiling the jury pool or should be put on suicide watch. I just can't fathom what Jr. was thinking? Maybe that the email proves their is something on Hillary and that's what is important here? Which puts them all in a juxtaposition on the narrative that the leaks are what matter, not the content.

He knew the NYT was going to publish them anyways and he wanted to pre-empt them.

I just can't fathom what Jr. was thinking?

It's hard to say for sure just from the limited attention I pay to the Trump boys, but neither have ever impressed me by their intelligence. Eric seems downright stupid at times. Jr. not quite as bad.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I just can't fathom what Jr. was thinking?

It's hard to say for sure just from the limited attention I pay to the Trump boys, but neither have ever impressed me by their intelligence. Eric seems downright stupid at times. Jr. not quite as bad.

Anyone else ever notice the uncanny resemblance?:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So now, after two rounds of lies and denials, we learn that Trump Jr sought out dirt on Clinton from Russia. He was told, via email, that a "Russian government attorney" offered him "very high level and sensitive information" that would "incriminate" Clinton. After that email he set up the meeting and sought out that information.

And that, folks, is collusion with a foreign government to try to sway an election.

Remember when RushMC kept bleating "but there's no EVIDENCE!" Now we have that evidence - not just unnamed sources, but Trump Jr's own words, and his own emails. "If it's what you say I love it!" - his reaction to the offer of foreign assistance.

Good thing he got that lawyer. He's going to need one.

normiss

The contents of the emails alone should lead to prosecution of multiple people including POTUS.
Unbelievable.

:D

Ah, no, they don't.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***The contents of the emails alone should lead to prosecution of multiple people including POTUS.
Unbelievable.

:D

Ah, no, they don't.

Please explain why rather than just using emotes and throw-out sentences.

I'll help you.
I actually don't think that they implicate POTUS at the moment. Maybe later...

But I do think there seems to be enough evidence to begin the prosecution of everyone else who was at that meeting.

But I do think there seems to be enough evidence to begin the prosecution of everyone else who was at that meeting.

Well, sure, democrats think that because they have an irrational hatred of Trump and his family. Or something.

But what are republicans saying? From GWB's ethics lawyer, Richard Painter:

"This was an effort to get opposition research on an opponent in an American political campaign from the Russians, who were known to be engaged in spying inside the United States. We do not get our opposition research from spies, we do not collaborate with Russian spies, unless we want to be accused of treason.

“If this story is true, we’d have one of them if not both of them in custody by now, and we’d be asking them a lot of questions. This is unacceptable. This borders on treason, if it is not itself treason.”

(waiting for RushMC to ROFL at that too)

Phil1111

***Based on timing and location, sounds like Trump could have been physically at the same meeting.

Be it Jr or trump, lie, deny, blame it on HRC and the media. All the sheep will believe and follow.

"Crooked previous admin had Trump Tower wiretapped in 2016. Obama knew about my son meeting Russians - why didn't he do anything about it? Fake news bias media don't ask these questions! Sad."

jakee

******Based on timing and location, sounds like Trump could have been physically at the same meeting.

Be it Jr or trump, lie, deny, blame it on HRC and the media. All the sheep will believe and follow.

"Crooked previous admin had Trump Tower wiretapped in 2016. Obama knew about my son meeting Russians - why didn't he do anything about it? Fake news bias media don't ask these questions! Sad."

“And anybody who tries to spin this as anything other than exactly what it looks like is going to lose all of their credibility.”

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.