christelsabine

Miller's declaration of war to the population ... ?

>Fully disagree, ethical business principles is not a concept, it's a practice in action.

Ron has explained to me in the past that following the examples in the New Testament (i.e. fairness, charity, forgiveness) is an exercise for Bible study groups, not for application in the real world. This may be another example of that.

billvon

>Fully disagree, ethical business principles is not a concept, it's a practice in action.

Ron has explained to me in the past that following the examples in the New Testament (i.e. fairness, charity, forgiveness) is an exercise for Bible study groups, not for application in the real world. This may be another example of that.

Horse feathers.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*********how can a commie/lefty/ex-nazi/german who has to be thankful that he was freed from adolf/etc DARE to question the U.S. or the greatest POTUS ever :S

Don't let'm get your goat. All the foreign posters here, especially Europeans, hate America. Except when they get their tit caught in the wringer, then they love us. That is why we should seal off the borders and make them declare and prove their worth before letting them in.

to be honest: I don't hate america or "the" american people - I am just extremely pissed off by your governments and the present potus politics. Heck we've had some pretty lunatic president over here with silvio berlusconi runnig italy for a long time. but that was italy and of no harm to the rest of the world... can't say that for the guy that got elected at your place.
as for your last sentence: I'd wish the same for americans entering our country

Holy Crap!
I thought you were an American.
Wow! Egg on my face.

on a more serious note and with real curiosity: how come you thought I was american?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

feuergnom

on a more serious note and with real curiosity: how come you thought I was american?

By the way you responded to the German dude. He consistently attacks Americans and consistently receives replies along the same lines as your reply. I feared he was getting to you in a manner that would cause you to say something that would cause you to be suspended or banned.

I thought you nailed him well. +1
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

By the way you responded to the German dude. He consistently attacks Americans and consistently receives replies along the same lines as your reply. I feared he was getting to you in a manner that would cause you to say something that would cause you to be suspended or banned.

I thought you nailed him well. +1

I thought they were being ironic?
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

I certainly didn't think ethical business practices are in opposition to profit. Maybe easiest profit, but not long-term.

However, in an earlier post you said:

You people need to understand the rational business principle is to make a profit, not to be fair. In business you get what you negotiate not what you deserve. It is a game of winners and losers.

Think of it like a poker game. If you don't know how to play well the other players will gladly relieve you of your money. Old saying, if you don't know who the patsy is within the first half hour, you are the patsy.

Since this was in reply to a post talking about President Trump's past willingness to stiff subcontractors, I figured you were saying that while honesty might be preferred, it's not necessarily standard and/or required. I would disagree with that. At least for me, it is required.

And the reason I jumped on it was that it sounded unlike what I would have thought of you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

*********how can a commie/lefty/ex-nazi/german who has to be thankful that he was freed from adolf/etc DARE to question the U.S. or the greatest POTUS ever :S

Don't let'm get your goat. All the foreign posters here, especially Europeans, hate America. Except when they get their tit caught in the wringer, then they love us. That is why we should seal off the borders and make them declare and prove their worth before letting them in.

Yes because that's what Jesus would do!

Correct, check the gospel accounts of His ministry. He often turned His back on those seeking Him. He had the wisdom of the Father and did not waste His time with the unfaithful. He warned us not to caste pearls before swine.

Then you both sound like jackass's.

wmw999

I certainly didn't think ethical business practices are in opposition to profit. Maybe easiest profit, but not long-term.

However, in an earlier post you said:

You people need to understand the rational business principle is to make a profit, not to be fair. In business you get what you negotiate not what you deserve. It is a game of winners and losers.

Think of it like a poker game. If you don't know how to play well the other players will gladly relieve you of your money. Old saying, if you don't know who the patsy is within the first half hour, you are the patsy.

Since this was in reply to a post talking about President Trump's past willingness to stiff subcontractors, I figured you were saying that while honesty might be preferred, it's not necessarily standard and/or required. I would disagree with that. At least for me, it is required.

And the reason I jumped on it was that it sounded unlike what I would have thought of you.

Wendy P.

This issue is convoluted. Are ethical business practices desired? Yes, of course. Are they always followed? No, of course not. If someone is caught in an unethical practice what is the recourse? The justice system is the standard. Does the aggrieved party always win? No, not always. Is that fair? No, life is not fair.

Progressive liberals did not mind when BHO applied unethical practices to gain and hold power, conservatives did. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Progressive liberals lost the election, we won. We receive news that President Trump is doing what we want. The MSM is an arm of the progressive liberal faction and does not report accurately. Progressive liberals are behaving like the election never happened and are still campaigning,

I find that disgusting but understandable.

In Atlanta, a huge investigation is underway regarding corruption, kickbacks and physical threats in the awarding of contracts for city business. Should we dissolve the city government? No, I don't think so. The courts will sort it out. Will all the corruption be revealed and the offenders punished? I doubt it, but some will.

George Soros, arguably the most evil person on the planet, financed BHO's rise to power and Hillary's bid. His goal is/was to destroy America. He makes millions with currency manipulations. He bragged about screwing Britain's banking system. America chose the best person available to stop him.

Follow up to the MSM comment above. The following is a copy of an email I received from one of our intel operatives. I didn't make the links clickable, readers will need to copy and paste.

TRUMP PROGRESS REPORT
1. Trump erased all mentions on the White House website of “climate change.” He did that within ONE HOUR of taking the oath of office. https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-01-20/trump-removes-climate-change-white-house-website-history-tells-us-regulatory

2. Trump issued an Executive order to “ease the burden of Obamacare”. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/trump-signs-executive-order-on-obamacare/

3. Trump returned the bust of Winston Churchill to the oval office.

4. Trump withdrew America from the TPP treaty. https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-withdraws-u-s-from-trans-pacific-partnership-1485191020

5. Trump erased all Spanish language from the White House web site. It's now “English Only.” http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/23/white-house-website-takes-down-all-spanish-language-content.html

6. Trump issued an Executive order starting construction of “THE WALL.”

7. Trump issued an Executive order banning funding to foreign pro-abortion groups. http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/abortion/315652-trump-signs-executive-order-reinstating-global-gag-rule-on

8. Trump's new Secretary of Defense, James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis (as the new Secretary of Defense), took the fight to ISIS by bombing them 31 times on his very first day.

9. Trump announced temporary ban on refugees from Syria & 6 other Middle Eastern countries.

10 Trump imposed a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency & barred staff from awarding new contracts or grants. http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-trailguide-updates-trump-administration-orders-media-1485281190-htmlstory.html

11 Trump announced a ban on visas from dangerous Muslim-majority countries with inadequate screening.

12 Trump announced the end of “Sanctuary cities” & the defunding of federal funds for any city that chooses to continue breaking the law.

13 Trump announced the hiring of 5,000 new border agents. http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2017/01/25/wall-and-5000-additional-border-patrol-agents-stop-illegal-immigration/97053436/

14 Trump signed an Executive order demanding the Secretary of Homeland Security publish a weekly list of violent crimes committed by illegal aliens.

15 Trump signed an Executive order freezing the hiring of non-essential federal employees.

16 Trump said out loud the words “radical Islamic terrorism.”

17 Trump stopped payment on Obama’s final hour giveaway of $220 million to the Palestinian Authority. http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/01/25/change-trump-state-department-holds-reviews-obamas-221m-palestinians/

18 Trump used Executive orders to give the go-ahead to the long-stalled Keystone & Dakota Access Pipelines.

19 Trump accepted the resignations of the State Department’s entire senior management team http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/four-top-state-department-officials-ousted-trump-administration-takes-shape-n712611

20 Trump announced his intention to withdraw From Climate & Environmental Accords Along With proposed UN Funding Cuts of 40%. http://fortune.com/2017/01/30/donald-trump-paris-agreement-climate-change-withdraw/ and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4158014/Trump-attacks-dramatic-funding-cuts.html

21 Trump tweeted “Ungrateful TRAITOR Chelsea Manning (who should never have been released from prison) is now calling President Obama a disappointing leader. Terrible! http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/chelsea-manning-column-obama-trump

22 Trump announced he’ll begin a major investigation into voter fraud in the 2016 election.

23 Trump got the chief of the Border Patrol to leave the agency in frustration at having to actually do his job!

24 State Dept. Arms Control chief resignation accepted http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/four-top-state-department-officials-ousted-trump-administration-takes-shape-n712611

25 Miami-Dade mayor orders jails to comply with Trump crackdown on ‘sanctuary’ counties.

26 Trump White House abruptly halts Obamacare ads. http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/316421-trump-admin-cancels-obamacare-ads

27 Trump appoints Neil Gorsuch to U.S. Supreme Court, as Justice in the mold of Antonin Scalia.

..and all this in less than two weeks in office. More to come!

It is understandable that some would like to think that America is fair. I would like to think that America is powerful enough to be a deterrent to any government considering to be a threat to us. And, secure enough that the American citizens are safe within our borders. BHO sought to destroy that security. Trump will reestablish it.

RonD1120

George Soros, arguably the most evil person on the planet, financed BHO's rise to power and Hillary's bid. His goal is/was to destroy America. He makes millions with currency manipulations. He bragged about screwing Britain's banking system. America chose the best person available to stop him.

I was wondering why "Royreader8812" had gone on a rant about Mr. Soros a while back. Now after reading Breitbart News I understand where you and Roy are coming from.

Below from "Nonprofit Quarterly"

"The interesting thing about the article is a passing observation about the father. In reviewing the “generational shift in the philanthropic and political efforts of the Soros family,” the Forward noted that George Soros has made grants worth $8 billion over the past three decades through his Open Society Foundations (OSF), promoting democracy and human rights, among other issues. Soros’s foundations give out hundreds of millions in philanthropic support every year, dwarfing his personal contributions, as big as they are, to politically active (c)(4)s, 527s, and PACs. For example, he was the nation’s top giver to outside political groups in the 2004 election cycle, at $23.7 million, but in the 2008 cycle, he gave only $5 million, and it isn’t clear how much he has donated in the current electoral cycle.

Soros is primarily a philanthropist, with significant contributions in Eastern Europe to help the former Soviet bloc countries transform themselves into democracies. Like his father, Alexander has obviously been active with political donations, but has just announced the creation of the Alexander Soros Foundation, with interests that appear to be similar to the humanitarian goals of the father’s Open Society Foundations. A Soros daughter, Andrea Soros Colombel, founded and heads the Trace Foundation, which supports Tibetan culture in China."

Soros is using the money he earned doing the same thing "Wall Street" does to promote democracy and support independent democracies in Europe. Which explains Royreader8812, and Soros supports liberals in the world, the US, which explains your thinking. That labels him the most evil person in the world. Makes perfect sense.

https://www.philanthropy.com/factfile/gifts_detail?GiftDonorJoin_a_DonorID=PGDON1533

The financier George Soros has pledged $50-million over five years to Millennium Promise Alliance, in New York, to support the Millennium Villages Project, an effort to fight poverty in sub-Saharan Africa. This project works in 79 villages in 10 countries to ease hunger, advocate women's rights, improve education and health care, and achieve other goals aimed at improving living conditions in Africa over the next five years.

George Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management, a New York firm that manages hedge funds, and founder and chairman of the Open Society Institute, in New York, has pledged $100-million to his newly established Fund for Policy Reform to support advocacy related to climate change.

The Open Society Institute (New York) has received a pledge of $10 million from George Soros to make grants to organizations that combat hate crimes in the United States. Mr. Soros is the chairman of Soros Fund Management, a New York firm that manages hedge funds, and founder and chairman of the Open Society Institute.

George Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management, a New York firm that manages hedge funds, has pledged $10-million to the Open Society Institute, a network of foundations that Mr. Soros founded in New York in 1993. The money will be used to help cities with more than 250,000 residents develop systems to treat drug addicts.

George Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management, a New York firm that manages hedge funds, and founder of the Open Society Institute, in New York, has pledged $50-million to Central European University, in Budapest, Hungary. The money will be used to establish the Institute for New Economic Thinking. Mr. Soros, who helped establish the university, will pay $5-million annually over the next 10 years.

donald trump used the money donated by others to his charity to buy a painting of himself to hang in a business that he owned.

" The fabled portrait of Donald Trump that he reportedly used $20,000 in charity money to buy was finally revealed Tuesday.

And it’s very orange.

The Washington Post, which first reported the allegations that Trump may have used Trump Foundation money to buy the picture, obtained a photo which shows the six-foot painting by "speed painter" Michael Israel.

Israel cranked out the portrait in less than six minutes during a 2007 gala at Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.

It's done in Israel's brash impressionistic style with bold orange colors and Trump's wife Melania bought it afterward with a $10,000 bid that the auctioneer convinced her to double, the paper reported.

Israel, who supplied the photo, got half the proceeds from the auction and the other half was earmarked for the charity that hosted the event, the Children's Place at Home Safe.

"But then Trump paid for this painting with money from the Donald J. Trump Foundation," Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold told MSNBC. "His foundation isn't allowed to just go buy things that are going to decorate the walls of his house, or decorate the walls of his businesses."
http://www.nbcnews.com/card/six-foot-portrait-himself-trump-bought-charity-money-revealed-n676461
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros
https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2012/04/25/soros-family-giving-more-focused-on-philanthropy-than-politics/

RonD1120

[This issue is convoluted. Are ethical business practices desired? Yes, of course. Are they always followed? No, of course not. If someone is caught in an unethical practice what is the recourse? The justice system is the standard. Does the aggrieved party always win? No, not always. Is that fair? No, life is not fair.

Progressive liberals did not mind when BHO applied unethical practices to gain and hold power, conservatives did. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Progressive liberals lost the election, we won. We receive news that President Trump is doing what we want. The MSM is an arm of the progressive liberal faction and does not report accurately. Progressive liberals are behaving like the election never happened and are still campaigning,

I find that disgusting but understandable.

In Atlanta, a huge investigation is underway regarding corruption, kickbacks and physical threats in the awarding of contracts for city business. Should we dissolve the city government? No, I don't think so. The courts will sort it out. Will all the corruption be revealed and the offenders punished? I doubt it, but some will.

You're so crazy it's hilarious.

Just how Wendy thought it was unlike you to be a rampant hypocrite over morals and ethics for different people in the same situations I have no idea, but thanks for demonstrating it again;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The german Dude is a lady. And I was sure that the tongue in cheek in my comment was more than obvious....

In regard of europeans bashing americans: it is not so much
directed at single persons and as we all know "the" American doesn'the exist like "the" European or any other nations person... when "we" feel uneasy about the u.s. and it's politics there is a simple reason for it: We come from a place that's been ravaged by two world wars, we've had our fair amount of right-wing dictators and bloodshed so we tend to be a bit cautious and sensitive if we think a nation tends towards that road- we've been there. It's an ugly place and the freedoms you still enjoy may leave rather quickly even for those applauding right now. Can you spell slippery slope?
The parallels to the advent of the third reich, how democracy was wiped out in no time at all in the beginning of the 1930ies and the mechanisms behind the scenes look like a blueprint for what is going on in the U.S. right now.
And I dearly hope that I am wrong and everything will turn out peacefull.....
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

The parallels to the advent of the third reich, how democracy was wiped out in no time at all in the beginning of the 1930ies and the mechanisms behind the scenes look like a blueprint for what is going on in the U.S. right now.

It probably will. Since we have examples in the past of what can happen when you DON'T speak up and work to stop injustice and tyranny, there's more of an impetus to do so now. Between the press reporting on his actions and the majority of American voters who oppose him, there's enough awareness and ability to take action to prevent those past abuses.

billvon

It probably will. Since we have examples in the past of what can happen when you DON'T speak up and work to stop injustice and tyranny, there's more of an impetus to do so now. Between the press reporting on his actions and the majority of American voters who oppose him, there's enough awareness and ability to take action to prevent those past abuses.

Your own constitution and laws actually do not allow/show many solutions to amend/prevent anything around DT's power. On one side, the more time passes by the more he'll find ways to corroborate his throne - while his opponents in same time are waiting for him to fail, to make severe mistakes ... Sadly, the waiting position is unrewarding.

And there is still the Republican prevalence in senate - which one of them will be courageous enough, convinced enough to oppose the Orange Fearless Leader? The higher the ladder the deeper you fall? Money?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I fell for dishonest media ... But, as I'm reading different papers in different languages, watch various alien TV channels - I doubt that. (As our own news channels and print media mainly are impartial, I deeply hope something like FOX never will pop up here!) Thus, I believe my eyes and ears.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

christelsabine

Your own constitution and laws actually do not allow/show many solutions to amend/prevent anything around DT's power. On one side, the more time passes by the more he'll find ways to corroborate his throne - while his opponents in same time are waiting for him to fail, to make severe mistakes ... Sadly, the waiting position is unrewarding.

And there is still the Republican prevalence in senate - which one of them will be courageous enough, convinced enough to oppose the Orange Fearless Leader? The higher the ladder the deeper you fall? Money?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I fell for dishonest media ... But, as I'm reading different papers in different languages, watch various alien TV channels - I doubt that. (As our own news channels and print media mainly are impartial, I deeply hope something like FOX never will pop up here!) Thus, I believe my eyes and ears.

1. Courts. They have already checked his authority.
2. Senate. They are starting to find a voice and are responsible for his recent Labor dept. nominee withdrawing from consideration.
3. Media. There was a new development today. A major news network program:
"Morning Joe' host says show will no longer book Conway...
“I know for a fact she tries to book herself on this show; I won’t do it,” Brzezinski said of Conway on Wednesday morning.

"I don’t believe in fake news or information that is not true. That is — every time I’ve ever seen her on television something is askew, off or incorrect,” she added....

So why does the president allow her to keep going out and spreading false information?"

Brzezinski said Conway is “not credible anymore.”

“Kellyanne Conway does not need to text our show, as long as I’m on it,” Brzezinski said. “It’s not happening here.”
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319604-brzezinski-says-conway-will-no-longer-be-booked-on-morning-joe

The President does have the power to start wars and dispatch troops on his own authority. With the exception that congress can cut off the money for such actions after a bit. Thats a current concern, because one of his Executive Orders was to order the Joint Chiefs of Staff to come up with a plan to defeat IS. They came back with a plan for ground troops.

IMO thats a big mistake because none of the regional states. Those being Syria and Iraq. Have the inclination to protect those Sunni populations from either Assad or from the Shia Baghdad government abuses.

Evidently the Breitbart News boys have turned the knives on each other and others.

"Those tensions exploded into the open this week when Matthew Boyle, Breitbart's Washington political editor, ran a story based on unnamed sources “close to the president” blaming Priebus for everything from national security adviser Michael Flynn’s resignation to the slow pace of Trump’s Cabinet confirmations in the Senate.

Many assumed the story ran with the blessing of Bannon and represented the latest salvo in his ongoing struggle with Priebus.

“It's obvious what's happening. Bannon’s trying to run him out,” one GOP lawmaker told The Hill on Wednesday.

“I think Bannon's knives are out for Priebus, but Trump set this up on purpose so they would compete,” the lawmaker said.

However, Bannon says he did not know the story would run and was angry that his old publication had attacked his colleague at a critical juncture for the administration."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/319791-priebus-bannon-trash-reports-of-division

Phil1111

3. Media. There was a new development today. A major news network program:
"Morning Joe' host says show will no longer book Conway...
“I know for a fact she tries to book herself on this show; I won’t do it,” Brzezinski said of Conway on Wednesday morning.

'Co-host Joe Scarborough chimed in to say Conway may not have been knowingly spreading false information but was just making statements “to prove her relevance.”
"I don’t even think she’s saying something she knows to be untrue,” Scarborough said. "She’s just saying things just to get in front of the TV to prove her relevance because behind the scenes she’s not in these meetings and any reporter can ask anybody in that White House and they will say the same thing. She’s not in these meetings. So why does the president allow her to keep going out and spreading false information?"
'

Aww, poor Kelly. The mean boys won't let her into their clubhouse so she has to pretend:(
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Trump today declared that the press is "out of control". And thank God, he is correct. The press is both beyond, and out of control. Just like it is supposed to be. If it ever gets "under control" the American experiment will be over.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

and the probability is what I am not so sure of...

dudeist skydiver # 666

feuergnom

and the probability is what I am not so sure of...

Nobody's sure of anything.

But initial reactions are encouraging.

The courts stopped the "Muslim Ban" and while Trump threw a fit, most people applauded. The crowds protesting the ban itself outnumbered the crowds protesting the court rulings by a huge margin.

Social media is going pretty much bananas. While it really doesn't accomplish much, it gets the message out there.

One serious one I've seen:

First they came for the Muslims and we said "No fucking way! NOT THIS TIME!!!"

One less serious:

First they came for the scientists. And the National Park Service said "LOL, no." And then they went rogue. And we were all like "I was not expecting the park rangers to lead the resistance. None of the dystopian novels I read prepared me for this. But, cool."

The media isn't playing along. There are more than a few Rs in Congress who aren't playing along either.

The "checks and balances" in the system seem to be working. Even if Trump doesn't want them to or even seem to understand what they are.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo