Royreader8812

One step forward, two steps back for regulations.

Royreader8812

So you are saying.that all regulations passed, are worth while, cost effective and relevant.

Since you can read, you know that it is impossible to honestly interpret what he said in that fashion.

So why do it?:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>So you are saying.that all regulations passed, are worth while, cost effective and relevant.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that.

What I would suggest is that we repeal the regulations that do not work, and not wait until a new regulation is passed to do that. At the same time, we should not repeal two regulations that DO work just because someone wants to pass a third.

(Imagine if we did this in skydiving - remove two BSR's every time someone wants to propose a new rule about canopy training or wingsuit flight.)

normiss

Those getting moist with excitement over this advisory clearly know nothing of the mechanics of how this works.

You should really look i the mirror and read your own post.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

quade

Great. Just write two regulations to be one. Problem solved.

Oh, wait, it does nothing whatsoever.

The actual number of regulations isn't the issue.

THE issue? No. An issue? Hell yes
Abraham Lincoln

skinnay

I'm curious what regulations specifically you think are excessively burdensome to small business?

All of them have a cost
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***I'm curious what regulations specifically you think are excessively burdensome to small business?

All of them have a cost

Regulations exist so that small groups of people do not profit at a greater expense to everyone else. There is a cost to not having regulations as well, surely you understand that, right?

brenthutch

***I'm curious what regulations specifically you think are excessively burdensome to small business?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/6-government-regulations-too-stupid-to-believe/

I have no doubt that there are antiquated regulations, however there are pretty good reasons for these. Any civilized population also understands recycling is mandatory. You probably don't care about the environment, but anyone who gives a shit knows recycling is the right thing to do. This is just a handful of regulations that doesn't impact anyone on a large scale.

To stay on topic, we're talking about regulations that are "hurting" business on a large scale and if it's actually a benefit to the population as a whole.

Mirage62 is a small business owner and has posted some about the impact of regulations. Not all bad, but documenting adherence becomes onerous. This is partly because people don't automatically comply, but making it hard enough for even reasonable ones to be hard to deal with isn't the way to elicit cooperation.

My father said that in the six years he worked on an overseas government educational program, he was audited in increasing numbers, each time with more reporting requirements. Once you start having to hire compliance officers for even small companies, maybe a redesign is in order.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

oversimplification of complex issues...handwritten by a 'simple' guy.

regulations are not 'numbers', and should not be treated like dominoes. These are the kinds of orders we would expect from the leaders of N Korea.

I wonder what you might think when they repeal the regulation that prevent whatever amount of lead in your drinking water.

i mean after all, if you are a true patriotic bible-thumping American, you would take responsibility for your own drinking water and fuck everyone else.....

I run two fast growing businesses and deal with lots of compliance. But it's painfully obvious that every compliance framework has a damn good reason for it. Yes there are inefficiencies in dealing with non-applicable requirements, but it's a small amount of waste compared to the cost of building a house of cards. We have learned time and time again when shitty businesses fail, it comes as a massive cost to others. If someone cannot run a business and meet basic regulatory requirements, it's a shit business model and they deserve to go out of business. It's too costly to the general public and the people hurt by negligent practices.

JerryBaumchen

Hi skinnay,

deal with lots of compliance

Pssst, want a hot deal on a new reserve canopy. I can save you a lot of money. It's not certificated but it should work.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

Seriously.. if the trump voters truly had their way they would dismantle the FAA, fire the pilots because they talk like fags, then replace them with guys they want to have a beer with and "tell it how it is".

Get ready for takeoff America :)

skinnay

******I'm curious what regulations specifically you think are excessively burdensome to small business?

All of them have a cost

Regulations exist so that small groups of people do not profit at a greater expense to everyone else. There is a cost to not having regulations as well, surely you understand that, right?

I do understand that some regulation is needed.
But we have gone way past what is needed.

And you will not find any post I have made here that says we should have no regulations in regards to business.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********I'm curious what regulations specifically you think are excessively burdensome to small business?

All of them have a cost

I do understand that some regulation is needed.
But we have gone way past what is needed.

Good to know that there is an expert here who knows exactly what regulations are needed. You should send a list to Trump (but keep it to one page, since that's the limit of his attention span).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/...o-stupid-to-believe/

For those who don't feel like clicking on the link, here are the stupid regulations:

1. Oregon state water collection permitting
2. No selling of raw milk (Federal)
3. Some localities in Florida require recycling
4. Some unnamed localities don't let kids have lemonade stands
5. You have to follow fire codes in Phoenix, even if you are doing Bible study
6. Residential zoning laws in Tulsa restrict the height of plants

Only one of those laws is a Federal regulation. The same one is the only one that could be interpreted as harming small businesses, namely raw milk providers.

Try again.

- Dan G

billvon

>So you are saying.that all regulations passed, are worth while, cost effective and relevant.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that.

What I would suggest is that we repeal the regulations that do not work, and not wait until a new regulation is passed to do that. At the same time, we should not repeal two regulations that DO work just because someone wants to pass a third.

(Imagine if we did this in skydiving - remove two BSR's every time someone wants to propose a new rule about canopy training or wingsuit flight.)

While your regulation description may have been accurate in the past let me explain what happens now. Companies lobby representatives to write and pass laws that benefit the lobbyist's company at the expense of other companies. That's how you win in business today.

You don't really think the USPA is looking out for your best interests in DC do you? It just so happens that your best interests and the DZO's run parallel.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

DanG

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/...o-stupid-to-believe/

For those who don't feel like clicking on the link, here are the stupid regulations:

1. Oregon state water collection permitting
2. No selling of raw milk (Federal)
3. Some localities in Florida require recycling
4. Some unnamed localities don't let kids have lemonade stands
5. You have to follow fire codes in Phoenix, even if you are doing Bible study
6. Residential zoning laws in Tulsa restrict the height of plants

Only one of those laws is a Federal regulation. The same one is the only one that could be interpreted as harming small businesses, namely raw milk providers.

Try again.

True. Though the raw milk one is likely in effect because salmonella, E. coli and listeria outbreaks are expensive.

Raw milk can be consumed safely, but will likely need....you guessed it, regulation that is enforced to keep it safe on a large scale.