gregpso

so far Trump is doing what he said

So far Trump is doing what he said he was going to do. Got voted in so doing it. I admire that. But... I hope he treads carefully.

Of course the left is angry they are finished. British exit... Trump Pauline Hanson in Australia.. The tide is turning the left had there go and fucked it up

ps democrats are not left by Aussie standards our left is far worse !!

I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

gregpso

So far Trump is doing what he said he was going to do. Got voted in so doing it. I admire that.

When a bully says he's going to beat up a weaker kid, I do not admire him for following through with it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***So far Trump is doing what he said he was going to do. Got voted in so doing it. I admire that.

When a bully says he's going to beat up a weaker kid, I do not admire him for following through with it.

This is why the Dems and their bully media lost....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I understand why Quade writes this sort of thing...I really do....(well actually I think I do)

But I just can't dig up the moral superiority that some people can....the basic idea that the left is always correct the right is always wrong.

Trump is doing what the people who elected him wanted. I think he's terrible BUT he is doing what these people expected.

It's laughable that the left thinks they are reaching anyone with the wild emotions. If anything they are affirming what these people thought. (right or wrong)
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

I understand why Quade writes this sort of thing...I really do....(well actually I think I do)

But I just can't dig up the moral superiority that some people can....the basic idea that the left is always correct the right is always wrong.

Trump is doing what the people who elected him wanted. I think he's terrible BUT he is doing what these people expected.

It's laughable that the left thinks they are reaching anyone with the wild emotions. If anything they are affirming what these people thought. (right or wrong)

Right. Trump is doing what the people who voted for him wanted.

He's discriminating against people because of their religion.

Which is basically a majority in power "picking on" a minority who is powerless to do anything about it.

Pretty much the classic definition of "bullying."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

SkyDekker

Funny you think you and Rush would be in the centre.

Watching the "lets get lead by our nose rings" left wing loonies is fun to watch:D

Pass the popcorn please:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations. There are approximately 40 other "Muslim" countries that were not part of the ban. The indefinite hold on Syrian refugees will affect both Christians and Muslims. It is a 90 day ban and has no effect on green card holders.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Well, it had an effect on green card holders until that part was rescinded.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

BIGUN

The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

Apparently you aren't a rocket scientist.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

It also appears he didn't read the report published by the 9/11 commission.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam

And the Jim Crow laws made no reference to racism or niggers either. But the outcome was still destructive and meant to be exactly what it was.

And religious freedom laws do not say 'hate gays' but they allow it and encourage it for that matter.

actions, not words. We are just calling things out for what they really are. If you cannot write a coherent and comprehensive law, they feel free to step out of office and let someone in that IS capable of writing them.

kallend

***The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

And yet, another Kallend "Ad hominem" response.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

******The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

Well, are you?

Otherwise you believe my accurate statement to be a PA of some kind. Go figure.

kallend

*********The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

Well, are you?

Ad hominem does not necessarily mean a PA. By asking if I'm a rocket scientist (which you know I'm not)... you attempt to discredit what I said for not being one. You didn't address what was said as being wrong. In fact, you didn't address it at all. Just chalkin it up to another Kallend one-liner dodge & weave.

Ad hominem does not necessarily mean a PA. By asking if I'm a rocket scientist (which you know I'm not)... you attempt to discredit what I said for not being one. You didn't address what was said as being wrong. In fact, you didn't address it at all. Just chalkin it up to another Kallend one-liner dodge & weave.

Actually, he set you up nicely and you obliged him. He said one thing that really means another. Just as Trump's anti- Muslim law says one thing but really means something else.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rushmc

***Funny you think you and Rush would be in the centre.

Watching the "lets get lead by our nose rings" left wing loonies is fun to watch:D
Talking of being lead by nose rings, have you had a chance to look at that CNN picture you posted yet? Can you clarify that you really do think it shows the Mall to be as full as Obama's inauguration? Can you clarify that you, personally, can't see any massive empty spaces in it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

BIGUN

************The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

Well, are you?

It's called an analogy. And quite a good one.

If you believe that this EO has nothing to do with Muslims because it doesn't specifically mention Muslims within its text (conveniently ignoring everything else that Trump has ever said regarding immigration during his entire political career) then you surely cannot believe Kallend was calling you stupid because there is nothing in his text that specifically says so.

jakee

***************The Executive Order makes no mention of Islam, or any other religion. It only affects those seven countries that are leading terrorist nations.

Well, are you?

It's called an analogy. And quite a good one.

If you believe that this EO has nothing to do with Muslims because it doesn't specifically mention Muslims within its text (conveniently ignoring everything else that Trump has ever said regarding immigration during his entire political career) then you surely cannot believe Kallend was calling you stupid because there is nothing in his text that specifically says so.

:)
And the thing is, it really DOESN'T take a rocket scientist to see that this is a Muslim ban.

mirage62

Saying 'but the people want it' is no excuse for bad governance. Especially when the thing the people want is protection from a fear you have, yourself, spent years whipping up. In fact, that's one of the core elements of demagogery.

It's laughable that the left thinks they are reaching anyone with the wild emotions.

It's worked for the right, hasn't it? The right have made an art form of anger and outrage over anything that doesn't go their way. Heck, have you ever seen a liberal personality move themselves to tears on stage a la Tea Party darling Glenn Beck? That is wild emotion.

billvon

>Funny you think you and Rush would be in the centre.

Everyone thinks they are.

Not really. Many are self aware enough to realize where they fit in.

I am right of centre on the Canadian political scale and mostly left of centre on the US political scale.

>Not really. Many are self aware enough to realize where they fit in.

I should have said "most people think they are."

>I am right of centre on the Canadian political scale and mostly left of centre on
>the US political scale.

Good point on population. I'm left of center here, pretty central on science forums and right of center on alternative energy forums.

gregpso

So far Trump is doing what he said he was going to do. Got voted in so doing it.

I'd like to hear again from the people who spoke to news organizations before the election. The Trump apologists who said, "well, he didn't REALLY mean that LITERALLY. He means he'll do something more like [xx]." I'd like the same reporters to get those same people on their news programs and ask what they think of the president now doing EXACTLY that thing, literally. Do they still support him?

FWIW, "democracy" doesn't just mean people get to vote for their government. It also means rule of law applies to all, with a focus on individual rights, not group rights. In other words, you can't just decide to make a new rule because "the majority" wants it, if it oppresses or excludes the minority. We've learned this lesson the hard way over the course of our history. Why must we repeat the lessons? [:/]
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!