gowlerk

Poll, how do you feel about Trump's entry ban on select nationals

As much as I dislike gerrymandering from any party, Project Red Map(?) was brilliant.
Most members of the party still haven't a clue it even happened to the point of actually believing Trump was elected because that's what America voted for.

It was that, also. Looking long. And if it were about winning hearts and minds, and talking to and engaging with people, I'd be all over it.
But instead it was about gaming the system (one with very clear rules).

Any system can be gamed, and if it's been around awhile, the people who can game it get more and more sophisticated about it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy, I don't understand why this should surprise you. Conservatism is all about fear of change. It always has been, it always will be. It's basically the definition of the word.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Wendy, I don't understand why this should surprise you. Conservatism is all about fear of change. It always has been, it always will be. It's basically the definition of the word.

LOFL

Conservatism ended slavery.

You are still losing it.

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*** Wendy, I don't understand why this should surprise you. Conservatism is all about fear of change. It always has been, it always will be. It's basically the definition of the word.

LOFL

You are still losing it.

You are so far out of touch with history and reality that I have no words to deal with your mistakes.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

****** Wendy, I don't understand why this should surprise you. Conservatism is all about fear of change. It always has been, it always will be. It's basically the definition of the word.

LOFL

You are still losing it.

You are so far out of touch with history and reality that I have no words to deal with your mistakes.

Just think of the sheer inhumanity, the suffering, the depraved indifference.

They had to give out a diploma in order to preserve the remaining mental balance of the teachers. Then they gave them early retirement for their valiant and heroic efforts.

rushmc

*** Wendy, I don't understand why this should surprise you. Conservatism is all about fear of change. It always has been, it always will be. It's basically the definition of the word.

LOFL

You are still losing it.

Bleeding heart progressive social justice warriors ended slavery.

But talking of loosing it, are you willing to accept the photographic evidence you provided and admit that Trump's inauguration crowd was far smaller than Obama's yet?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

gowlerk

****** Wendy, I don't understand why this should surprise you. Conservatism is all about fear of change. It always has been, it always will be. It's basically the definition of the word.

LOFL

You are still losing it.

[url]

Acually I got it right

You just believe the Democratic rewrite of history on this one
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

LOFL

You are still losing it.

Ah yes, just as Trump has noticed, that Frederick Douglas is doing some amazing work. I understand this comes on Radio Levin every once in a while, that it was the Republicans who stopped slavery because Lincoln was a Republican. So I look forward to seeing the Republican party's continued efforts in human rights and equality. Put your money where your mouth is.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Federal judge halts enforcement of Trump immigration ban
02/03/17 08:27 AM EST

"A federal judge in Detroit has ordered the administration to stop enforcement of President Trump's executive order barring citizens from certain Muslim-majority countries from traveling to the U.S, CBS Detroit reported Friday.

The executive order bans people from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Sudan and Somalia from entering the U.S. for 90 days, temporarily halts the country's refugee resettlement program and indefinitely suspends resettlement for refugees from Syria."
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/317709-federal-judge-halts-enforcement-of-trump-immigration-ban

And, not surprisingly, Trump throws a temper tantrum on Twitter...

Again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-judge-james-robart-trump-20170204-story.html

Actual Tweet isn't quoted in the story. It went:

"The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

Apparently he doesn't understand the concept of separation of powers.

Or that the judge was confirmed 99-0 under GWB.

But my favorite part is the "takes law enforcement away from the country."

How? How exactly does lifting the immigration ban for people already established here take law enforcement away?

My God, the sitting president is essentially a 3 year old who hasn't been taught the meaning of the word "No" yet.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

And, not surprisingly, Trump throws a temper tantrum on Twitter...

Again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-judge-james-robart-trump-20170204-story.html

Actual Tweet isn't quoted in the story. It went:

"The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

Apparently he doesn't understand the concept of separation of powers.

Or that the judge was confirmed 99-0 under GWB.

But my favorite part is the "takes law enforcement away from the country."

How? How exactly does lifting the immigration ban for people already established here take law enforcement away?

My God, the sitting president is essentially a 3 year old who hasn't been taught the meaning of the word "No" yet.

His attitude has worked so far, seeing that he's the President and all.

So he's a douchebag. Your point?

"The opinion of this so-called judge..."

In any other circumstance this would be the funniest habit of Trump. In the position he's in now, it's unfathomable.

He cannot disagree with someone without name calling or ad-hom. It just doesn't happen. This guy is a 'so-called' judge. Streep is 'the most overrated' actress and Megyn Kelly is 'the most overrated' woman on TV. John Lewis is 'all talk no action' and failing his district. Vanity Fair, the NYT and the WSJ are all 'failing' publications with tanking subscriberships, SNL is 'poorly written, boring and biased'...

Sooner or later he's going to do this after a relatively small disagreement with a foreign power or head of a huge corporation holding tens of thousands of US jobs in their hands, they are going to take him both seriously and literally, and it is going to take an enormous diplomatic effort to try and dig your way out of the hole that he needlessly created.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>And, not surprisingly, Trump throws a temper tantrum on Twitter...

There are going to be lawyers in DC that will eventually try to defend his tantrums in court. These will certainly not be the cream of the crop; they will be the lawyers whose principles are "flexible" enough to never stand up to any Trumpisms.

There was an episode of Seinfeld where George is caught peeing in the public shower at a healthclub. He uses the excuse "but they're all just pipes! They all go to the same place!" He is roundly attacked by everyone for this silly, self-serving rationalization.

Fast forward to the end where Elaine, through the usual unlikely series of events, finds herself defending George.

"Oh, so now you're defending the urinator?"
"But . . . they're all just . . . pipes . . . " she mumbles, thinking "how the hell did I end up in a position where I am defending this idiot?"

I think about that episode when I think about those lawyers.

The 9th circuit denied the DoJ's request for immediate relief from this judgement this morning. That should allow enough time for the most egregiously affected people to use their visas. Hopefully it will also give Trump something to focus his anger on and keep him busy for a while.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/02/05/court-denies-trump-request-to-immediately-restore-travel-ban

billvon

>And, not surprisingly, Trump throws a temper tantrum on Twitter...

There are going to be lawyers in DC that will eventually try to defend his tantrums in court. These will certainly not be the cream of the crop; they will be the lawyers whose principles are "flexible" enough to never stand up to any Trumpisms.

There was an episode of Seinfeld where George is caught peeing in the public shower at a healthclub. He uses the excuse "but they're all just pipes! They all go to the same place!" He is roundly attacked by everyone for this silly, self-serving rationalization.

Fast forward to the end where Elaine, through the usual unlikely series of events, finds herself defending George.

"Oh, so now you're defending the urinator?"
"But . . . they're all just . . . pipes . . . " she mumbles, thinking "how the hell did I end up in a position where I am defending this idiot?"

I think about that episode when I think about those lawyers.

SNL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ymNvdiS_m8

Trump, June 2016:
=====
We go to the judge, we say to the judge, "Hey, you can't let her out of the case." He let her out of the case.. . . He is a member of a club or society, very strongly pro-Mexican, which is all fine. But I say he's got bias.
=====

Trump, today:
====
“I don’t ever want to call a court biased, so I won’t call it biased."
====

And to think there are people who still defend this guy.

headoverheels

***Federal judge in Seattle puts nationwide halt to Trump’s immigration order
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/federal-judge-in-seattle-halts-trumps-immigration-order/

Appeals court declines to vacate the stay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-muslim-ban-appeals-ruling_us_589b49cfe4b09bd304bf279e?

Uh, oh!:o
From Twitter:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!

He just went all-caps;
You never go all-caps!:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Seems like the appeals court took Trump to the woodshed with this one.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/02/09/the-9th-circuit-deals-a-blow-to-the-imperial-and-incompetent-president/?utm_term=.c1508d6d51fa&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.