wolfriverjoe

State Department Vacancies

I haven't seen this anywhere other than FB.

It seems like there is an exodus from the top floor of the State Department.
Long term FSO folks. People who have served under numerous presidents.

Refuse to serve under Trump. Not terribly surprising, considering Trump's tendency to ignore the constitution, propose insane foreign policies, propose blatant violations of international law and generally acting like a wannabe despot (you know, like his leash-holder, Putin)

There is an alternate report on CNN that they were fired.
Which would actually be more disturbing.

However, there's a resignation letter from TJ Lunardi on FB.
Pretty clear that he sees Trump as a threat to the country.

The chaos grows.

Gotta wonder how Trump, Spicer and Conway will present this.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

"We got rid of all the dead wood, losers, low energy and untalented people, and are committed to making government smaller"

Something like that I suspect
Never try to eat more than you can lift

wolfriverjoe

TJ Lunardi, one of the most overrated supervisory special agents in diplomatic security doesn't know me, but attacked me last night on facebook! He should spend more time fixing his service which is in horrible shape and falling apart. All talk no action!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Gotta wonder how Trump, Spicer and Conway will present this.

TJ Lunardi, one of the most overrated supervisory special agents in diplomatic security doesn't know me, but attacked me last night on facebook! He should spend more time fixing his service which is in horrible shape and falling apart. All talk no action!

Are you talking about this TJ Lunardi, who resigned a few days ago?

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.lunardi/posts/10155050338069274
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Are you talking about this TJ Lunardi, who resigned a few days ago?

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.lunardi/posts/10155050338069274

Apparently he's going into writing novels....

Giving notice doesn't usually involve unburdening your soul. Unless John Kerry (he served in Vietnam, BTW) is some kind of psycologist?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Nah, he intends to do it himself because he is like, a really smart person. He knows more about State Department functions and international relations than the diplomats. You can learn all his secrets in Art of the Deal. Just buy his book and you can be almost as smart as him.

while tragic that we lose good people because Trump is an idiot, there is some hope in all this as well.

It just shows that there are many people in govt, including elected representatives, that believe in the Constitution, the structures of govt and the importance of it all working the way it was intended.

the question is, how far will 'they' let Trump go before they act or react to his insanity and rantings.

Remember the part a few years ago when we were posting pictures of Allah just to irritate the radical Muslims? We should be doing the same daily for Trump...pictures of small hands and small penises...whatever

He is so thin skinned that he will do nothing but react to it...eventually nothing gets done. Of course that would be a libertarian ideology in part...govt that does nothing.

tkhayes

while tragic that we lose good people because Trump is an idiot, there is some hope in all this as well.

It just shows that there are many people in govt, including elected representatives, that believe in the Constitution, the structures of govt and the importance of it all working the way it was intended.

the question is, how far will 'they' let Trump go before they act or react to his insanity and rantings.

Remember the part a few years ago when we were posting pictures of Allah just to irritate the radical Muslims? We should be doing the same daily for Trump...pictures of small hands and small penises...whatever

He is so thin skinned that he will do nothing but react to it...eventually nothing gets done. Of course that would be a libertarian ideology in part...govt that does nothing.

I agree with everything you said. Republican house and senate members have been around the block as well. The difference is that they know the art of the deal better than trump. I'm sure they are making the odd comment from time to time about trump's idiot remarks. While they and their assistants are actually drafting and discussing bills.

-Amendments to ACA that keep everyone covered and improve it. Which can be done.
-Return corporate taxes held offshore and simplify the tax acts.
-Keep the party separated from trump because midterms are only two years away. If control is lost because voters realize republicans have damaged the economy. This golden opportunity will be lost for the balance of trump's term.

normiss

Continual attempts to deflect.
When they hear Trump, the Pavlovian response is "HILLARY".
While he tweets away on an unsecured mobile device.

And his staff uses an unsecured email server: http://www.newsweek.com/trump-emails-rnc-reince-priebus-white-house-server-548191
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wolfriverjoe

I haven't seen this anywhere other than FB.

It seems like there is an exodus from the top floor of the State Department.
Long term FSO folks. People who have served under numerous presidents.

Refuse to serve under Trump. Not terribly surprising, considering Trump's tendency to ignore the constitution, propose insane foreign policies, propose blatant violations of international law and generally acting like a wannabe despot (you know, like his leash-holder, Putin)

There is an alternate report on CNN that they were fired.
Which would actually be more disturbing.

However, there's a resignation letter from TJ Lunardi on FB.
Pretty clear that he sees Trump as a threat to the country.

The chaos grows.

Considering that he replaced the director of the Dept of Energy, a life long professional in the field, with someone who barely knew what the department does I think he could give a shit less about institutional knowledge.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

give a shit about institutional knowledge

How hard can it possibly be? :)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Wendy P.

I have a friend who is arguing with me on the point that at the executive level there's no difference between running McDonalds or IBM or a Branch of the Government. Yeah, sure, if you're talking about going from McDonald's to Wendy's, McDonald's to IBM might be a stretch.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>at the executive level there's no difference between running McDonalds or IBM
>or a Branch of the Government.

Exactly. French fryers in the kitchen, nuclear weapons in silos - if you can manage one you can manage the other. It's not rocket science.

DJL

Wendy P.

I have a friend who is arguing with me on the point that at the executive level there's no difference between running McDonalds or IBM or a Branch of the Government. Yeah, sure, if you're talking about going from McDonald's to Wendy's, McDonald's to IBM might be a stretch.

I tend to agree with your friend. At executive level you are all about strategy and vision along with legal compliance and getting the most out of staff. A good leader draws on his team to get the right solution.

I don't know anything about the individual who Trump put in place, but if he has a truly successful career running large organisations it could be a good choice. Similarly often Professors and 'experts' have very narrow skill sets that don't really qualify them for executive roles. Again all down to the individual and hopefully proven track record.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Because institutional knowledge is not the point. The point is what we seen Obama do at the end of his term by placing party loyal people of his in places in the government. George W bush made the mistake and left them and payed the price for that. Trump's not going to do the same
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln