brenthutch

on Inauguration Day how much devastation will be wrought

According to the subjects of the video they did this to out the cameraman who they suspected. They brought him to the restaurant that is the subject of the pizza-gate conspiracy to add a bit more flavor to it.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/01/16/dc-antifascist-coalition-okeefe-stink-bomb/

The FBI is aware of all of this and feels it's not necessary to take action.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I'm not going to explain the whole Washington DC professional protester thing, but know it's a thing and for the most part it tends to be done to protect the relative innocent (nascent) people who would otherwise want to stand on the front line and be arrested. The professionals are the ones expected to insert themselves at the front and get arrested when the time comes giving other people time to escape.

Pretty much every major protest I've ever seen in DC going as far back as I can remember. AND, I might add, this happens almost every day, 365 days a year.

Movement leaders are expected to be arrested, professional protesters are expected to be arrested, Joe Blow average guy who showed up . . . not so much.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

And you have yet to find a tea party protester that was paid
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

Nope. Most of them are simply people who are completely unaffiliated and just looking to feed and shelter themselves. That is to say, a LOT of functional homeless people pick this work up.
quade -

quade

***Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

Nope. Most of them are simply people who are completely unaffiliated and just looking to feed and shelter themselves. That is to say, a LOT of functional homeless people pick this work up.

So you agree with my point the Democrat protests are not Grassroots. They're simply bought and paid for
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

So you agree with my point the Democrat protests are not Grassroots. They're simply bought and paid for

Only if you agree that ALL protests in DC use this tactic to greater or lesser degrees. It's extraordinarily common. It is to DC what Central Casting is to Hollywood. It's simply a fact of life in DC as much as the subway or cabs or monuments.
quade -

quade

*********Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

Only if you agree that ALL protests in DC use this tactic to greater or lesser degrees. It's extraordinarily common. It is to DC what Central Casting is to Hollywood. It's simply a fact of life in DC as much as the subway or cabs or monuments.

I will agree with you if you could show me where Republican protesters have been bought and paid for to the degree of the democratic ones. You and I know it's not even close if even at all
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

Why do you hate capitalism?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

************Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

I will agree with you if you could show me where Republican protesters have been bought and paid for to the degree of the democratic ones. You and I know it's not even close if even at all

Nonsense. I know it happens a lot for almost every protest by almost every cause.

You seem to be just learning this goes on at all. Either that or you have blinders on which only let you see what your opposition does and not your own.
quade -

You'd think that by the time one of these "mercenaries" travels to the protest site, commits an arrestable act, gets arrested, bails out, pays legal fees, maybe does time, pays fines and restitution, etc. (not to mention any income tax liabilities if he does it enough), that there wouldn't be much left of the 2500 bucks to make it worthwhile. A regular "protester-for-hire" could spend a lot of time being processed and answering to judges.

muff528

You'd think that by the time one of these "mercenaries" travels to the protest site, commits an arrestable act, gets arrested, bails out, pays legal fees, maybe does time, pays fines and restitution, etc. (not to mention any income tax liabilities if he does it enough), that there wouldn't be much left of the 2500 bucks to make it worthwhile. A regular "protester-for-hire" could spend a lot of time being processed and answering to judges.

Sounds like they need to form a union.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***You'd think that by the time one of these "mercenaries" travels to the protest site, commits an arrestable act, gets arrested, bails out, pays legal fees, maybe does time, pays fines and restitution, etc. (not to mention any income tax liabilities if he does it enough), that there wouldn't be much left of the 2500 bucks to make it worthwhile. A regular "protester-for-hire" could spend a lot of time being processed and answering to judges.

Sounds like they need to form a union.

OK, add union dues to their expenses.

quade

On the other hand, they don't always get arrested.

Then, they must not be providing value to their employers. (On the other hand, if they form a union, they won't be required to). I assumed that it was their job to commit offenses and get arrested to protect Mr. Blow. So, if they don't have to get arrested to get paid, where do I sign up? I'd work just about every day.

quade

***************Then nearly all the paid ones are Democrat protesters.

Nonsense. I know it happens a lot for almost every protest by almost every cause.

You seem to be just learning this goes on at all. Either that or you have blinders on which only let you see what your opposition does and not your own.

Not that I agree with you but, let just adjust the conversation a bit.

Show me where paid protestors from the right are paid to the point of violence. Like those who were paid to go start fights at Trump rallies.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think the content of that article changed.

But it is now identified as a hoax in that article. Snopes lists it as unproven.

You are so gullible when it comes to "news" you agree with.

SkyDekker

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think the content of that article changed.

But it is now identified as a hoax in that article. Snopes lists it as unproven.

You are so gullible when it comes to "news" you agree with.

Well, quade says that professional, non-aligned protesters-for-hire are fairly common in DC. So is the hoax only that ads were placed for this particular event? ....or that the $2500 is inaccurate? I'm out if the fee is too much less than that.

I understand you are more on the right wing of things, so are probably used to being told what to think and what your opinion should be.

But the article is right at the link and snopes is but a google search away. Probably a good time to start forming your own opinions.

SkyDekker

I understand you are more on the right wing of things, so are probably used to being told what to think and what your opinion should be.

But the article is right at the link and snopes is but a google search away. Probably a good time to start forming your own opinions.

Unfortunately, our handlers did not provide guidance WRT this issue. Or maybe I just didn't get the memo. So, it looks like the advertisements existed, but they were a prank. Quade says paid demonstrators do exist. But you (and Snopes) are suggesting that mercs are not being hired for the Trump inauguration event ...at least not by anyone offering $2500. That makes applying for one of those jobs even less attractive.

muff528

***I understand you are more on the right wing of things, so are probably used to being told what to think and what your opinion should be.

Unfortunately, our handlers did not provide guidance WRT this issue. Or maybe I just didn't get the memo. So, it looks like the advertisements existed, but they were a prank. Quade says paid demonstrators do exist. But you (and Snopes) are suggesting that mercs are not being hired for the Trump inauguration event ...at least not by anyone offering $2500. That makes applying for one of those jobs even less attractive.

Yes, I'm going to sit this one out too. My time is worth more than that.
:D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

muff528

***On the other hand, they don't always get arrested.

Then, they must not be providing value to their employers. (On the other hand, if they form a union, they won't be required to). I assumed that it was their job to commit offenses and get arrested to protect Mr. Blow. So, if they don't have to get arrested to get paid, where do I sign up? I'd work just about every day.

What you're suggesting would be akin to never paying a body guard unless an actual attack takes place. I think it should be obvious how foolish that line of thinking would be.

If you'd like to go to work in Washington DC as one, it's pretty trivial. Hang out in Lafayette Square just north of the White House and look around.
quade -