brenthutch

on Inauguration Day how much devastation will be wrought

brenthutch

By left wing, peace loving, tolerance monkeys?

Well, now that Obama has confiscated all guns and imposed Sharia Law on the entire country, we have little precedent to go on.

But at least the troublemakers can be identified by their embedded RFID chips.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

brenthutch

By left wing, peace loving, tolerance monkeys?

I dunno. Going to be pretty difficult to distinguish it from the devastation being caused by the neo-nazis going on their Kristallnacht rampage.

Fortunately the NSA will have us covered so we can sort it all out later.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The more the better. Trump's jails will be so full that he will be talking about building camps. Great camps. For re-education. Vlad will advise him on taking care of dissent.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The more the better. Trump's jails will be so full that he will be talking about building camps. Great camps. For re-education. Vlad will advise him on taking care of dissent.

And you wonder why nobody takes lefties seriously[:/]
Nazis, and re-education camps? Really guys?

brenthutch

***The more the better. Trump's jails will be so full that he will be talking about building camps. Great camps. For re-education. Vlad will advise him on taking care of dissent.

And you wonder why nobody takes lefties seriously[:/]
Nazis, and re-education camps? Really guys?

When you start the conversation using a term like "tolerance monkeys" you are signalling me that you are not to be taken seriously and that this will be another over the top, anything goes thread full of crap. I am just playing along with you.

If you want serious discourse then say so. Don't bother coming after me. You are the one who started off with insulting rhetoric.

And don't bring Nazi's into it. Trump is not allied with Nazi's. He's allied with commies. And you are not being a dick. That's flattering yourself. More of an asshole!

And yes I know that I am a dick.

Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

And don't bring Nazi's into it. Trump is not allied with Nazi's. He's allied with commies.

Actually, Trump is aligned with the White Nationalists/Supremacists.
And they certainly backed him.

I wouldn't consider Putin a "commie". He's just a standard dictator. Not any real difference from the Soviets, but no official "Communist Party" like back then.
Still, journalists are killed, dissenters are jailed, political opponents are heavily repressed.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

brenthutch

And yes I know that I am a dick.

I thought you were coming over more like the pussy component of the right.

Oh the lefties said something mean to me because I voted for Trump! Oh I'm scared of Inauguration day! Oh they continue not to like my candidate even though he won and it's just not fair!

You guys ever tried behaving like grown adults?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

That would defeat the implied purpose of an internet forum, which is therapy. Therapy is the venting of unresolved emotion. The only objectivity in an internet forum is the observation, notation and analyzing of subjectivity. The trick is to vent without getting banned.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

That would defeat the implied purpose of an internet forum, which is therapy. Therapy is the venting of unresolved emotion. The only objectivity in an internet forum is the observation, notation and analyzing of subjectivity. The trick is to vent without getting banned.

There are two ways to debate.
a) Well thought-out reasoning to show the limitations of the other side's arguments.
b) Infantile name-calling to prove to your opponents that you are just as dumb as they suspect.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jakee

***And yes I know that I am a dick.

I thought you were coming over more like the pussy component of the right.

Oh the lefties said something mean to me because I voted for Trump! Oh I'm scared of Inauguration day! Oh they continue not to like my candidate even though he won and it's just not fair!

I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not going to the Inauguration. However I think it is unfair to the small businesses in DC to have to worry about having a brick thrown through their window by some punk in a Guy Fawkes mask.

ryoder

a) Well thought-out reasoning to show the limitations of the other side's arguments.
b) Infantile name-calling to prove to your opponents that you are just as dumb as they suspect.

Sometimes "a" draws out the "b" in folks. :P

brenthutch

I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not going to the Inauguration. However I think it is unfair to the small businesses in DC to have to worry about having a brick thrown through their window by some punk in a Guy Fawkes mask.

What have you got against the 1st Amendment?

[/sarc]

muff528

[/sarc]

That's a good point. Not all demonstrators are destructive, just a small minority. The same as not all firearm owners are irresponsible or violent. Both are protected by the constitution. Is the second amendment more important than the first? I'd say not.

gowlerk

[/sarc]

That's a good point. Not all demonstrators are destructive, just a small minority. The same as not all firearm owners are irresponsible or violent. Both are protected by the constitution. Is the second amendment more important than the first? I'd say not.

Well, my backhanded point was that "destructive demonstrations" are not (should not be? :S) protected speech. Would the small business owner have had his Constitutionally-protected rights violated by the brick thrower ...or by a Government that does not mete out justice for the owner by not prosecuting the demonstrator and holding him accountable to the law and to the shop owner?

muff528

Sometimes "a" draws out the "b" in folks. :P

Just join Speakers Corner - you can bypass that annoying "a" and lead off and continue with "b"

It's much more efficient

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ryoder

Or c) Present a well reasoned argument, and spice it up with some rhetorical flourishes.

c) Present a well reasoned argument, and spice it up with some rhetorical flourishes.

That is only going to work if the "flourishes" are not insults. Especially blatant insults. It can be effective if humour is used, but it should be broad enough humour that most people get it.

rehmwa

Just join Speakers Corner - you can bypass that annoying "a" and lead off and continue with "b"

It's much more efficient

Not really my style. But, I'm not completely opposed to a little retaliatory "b". By that time, the debate has pretty much degenerated and is beginning to swirl.

Like this:

Debater 1: "a"
Debater 2: opposing view "a"
Debater 1: rebuttal "a" (maybe a subtle "b" implied)
Debater 2: full-on "b" (point of the debate is mostly forgotten)
Debater 1: Really, "b" ?!? ...well, I got your "b" right here buddy!
Greenie: Yer all banned!

I can imagine things getting messy when there is a mass debate with more than 2 participants.