wan2doit

Mass Shooting - Ft Lauderdale Int'l Airport

Florida Senator Marco Rubio tweeted that he is "praying for the victims and everyone at the #FortLauderdale airport. #FLL."

Cool, maybe that will bring them back to life.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

WTF is a 'white' Hispanic???
:S

"The term Hispanic ... broadly refers to the people, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain."

If someone from mexico or central america has a lineage that mostly comes from spanish and european settlers stands to reason they'll be pretty much a well tanned white person. If they have more native ancestry they'll be less white.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

well, if they are 'white' or even partly white and also Christian....then they cannot be terrorists...they can only be "poor mentally unstable individuals who obviously needed the help and we should do something about that....well unless I have to pay for it"

Anyone else of off-color skin and/or other religion is a 'terrorist'.

My oldest son was there, waiting for a flight, said shots sounded like they were right around the corner. Everyone ran out the emergency exits onto the tarmac. The video being shown on the news of people doing just that may include him. It took about 4 hours before they could get away to a hotel to make arrangements for getting back.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

normiss

WTF is a 'white' Hispanic???
:S

Looking like a possible christian terrorist then?

Because anything other than a white person doesn't fit within the agenda. If it's 100% Hispanic or some other race, people don't know which 'safe zone' room to go in to deal with their feelings.

I'm not so sure...first I heard it used was to add more racial flavor and tension to the Zimmerman self defense incident.
Being a local event to me, I soon saw it was attacked as an incorrect label.
Having dated a Cubanita for a number of years, I had never heard it in her culture, just a multi-layered approach to racism depending on the country of origin for the many Hispanic cultures with a wide range of skin color.

Just trying to keep up with the current secret decoder ring signals.

Sounds like we said the same thing....:D

kallend

Cool, maybe that will bring them back to life.

A pure jackass statement if ever there was one...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Damn; he must have been scared. At least I would have been. Glad it turned out OK for him.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am from Australia so do not understand the full gun thing in USA. So folk can put their guns in checked baggage and travel interstate with them. I would have thought your licence would only cover the state you live in... surely illegal to carry to another state.

For fucks sake how can someone with obvious mental issues have a licence for a gun. !!!!

Congress can not even stop sales of guns at gun shows without background checks. (yes we get fox news too)

By the way i carry a gun at work (Security govt buildings but cannot take it home)

I understand how folk feel safer with a gun but look at the stats

11800 gun murders in usa (not including other methods knife ect)

Australia has 265 murders per year (thats everything not guns) so if we had the same population as USA X 10 would be 2650

Stats speak for themselves don't they. Too easy to kill with guns.

Am I missing something here

ps I love the USA and travel their as often as i can !!!!!!

gregdemon

I am from Australia so do not understand the full gun thing in USA.

The vast majority of the population of the US doesn't either, but it's mostly about . . . wait for it . . . money . . . as in campaign contributions by a small, but extremely vocal and willing to donate segment of the population.

That's really it.

They have an organization that whips up their members, the members donate and vote, the organization has the power to make or break politicians.

Cross the organization (by which I mean simply try to begin a conversation with them) and they'll attack like rabid monkeys.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The good ole NRA. Yes I have noticed the power they have.. even on Fox news.

... Surely though if your on a no fly list you should not own a gun

and every gun owner should have background checks (no gun show exemption)

........... and why the need for civilians to have military style ie M 16s etc

We prob go too far the other way here we cannot even have a taser at home or pepper spray at home for self protection.

So we have baseball bats and hammers under our beds.

Having said above I have never felt unsafe in the USA Disneyworld Vegas etc. Memphis was little seedy but felt safe around Graceland.

Do most of you folk on here own a handgun ???
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

gregdemon

I am from Australia so do not understand the full gun thing in USA. So folk can put their guns in checked baggage and travel interstate with them. I would have thought your licence would only cover the state you live in... surely illegal to carry to another state.

For fucks sake how can someone with obvious mental issues have a licence for a gun. !!!!

Congress can not even stop sales of guns at gun shows without background checks. (yes we get fox news too)

By the way i carry a gun at work (Security govt buildings but cannot take it home)

Australia has 265 murders per year (thats everything not guns) so if we had the same population as USA X 10 would be 2650

A license to carry and transporting are two different things. Its legal to lock up unloaded guns and check them under the plane.

Because "mental issues" are a very broad tag. Having "mental issues" can rang from some mild depression that doesn't affect anything, to full blown schizophrenia.

Yes stats lie. Way too many more factors. Look at Chicago. Hard to use the "stats" for a correlation to any side.

gregdemon

It's a matter of demographics, not so much as armament.

The partial depopulation of either Rwanda or Cambodia took place by means other than firearms.

This is the first basic mistake in your understanding of the situation. What license? They don't need no stinking license.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.