jclalor

The final tally is in...

marks2065

What gets me is that the states with the most wealthy (the 1%ers that the liberals hate) were told sorry, the states representing the 99% people have control this time. And the liberals are all pissed about that. LOL

That's just about the worst bit of mathematics I've seen since ever:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

marks2065

What gets me is that the states with the most wealthy (the 1%ers that the liberals hate) were told sorry, the states representing the 99% people have control this time. And the liberals are all pissed about that. LOL

Why do ANY of the "99%" (and specifically the 46% who voted for him) believe Donald Trump has their best interests in mind?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***What gets me is that the states with the most wealthy (the 1%ers that the liberals hate) were told sorry, the states representing the 99% people have control this time. And the liberals are all pissed about that. LOL

Why do ANY of the "99%" (and specifically the 46% who voted for him) believe Donald Trump has their best interests in mind?

See that is the problem here, to many people think that these candidates have our best interests in mind. None of those running for president have "our best interests" in mind. what I was looking for was what interests they had and what ones they had that might be best for the country.

marks2065

******What gets me is that the states with the most wealthy (the 1%ers that the liberals hate) were told sorry, the states representing the 99% people have control this time. And the liberals are all pissed about that. LOL

See that is the problem here, none of those running for president have "our best interests" in mind. what I was looking for was what interests they had and what ones they had that might be best for the country.

Consider that "their (the 99%) best interests" and "best for the country" are pretty much the same thing.

If ANY President could actually take care of 99% of the population, then I'd consider that enormous progress over the last 241 years.
quade -

quade

*********What gets me is that the states with the most wealthy (the 1%ers that the liberals hate) were told sorry, the states representing the 99% people have control this time. And the liberals are all pissed about that. LOL

See that is the problem here, none of those running for president have "our best interests" in mind. what I was looking for was what interests they had and what ones they had that might be best for the country.

Consider that "their (the 99%) best interests" and "best for the country" are pretty much the same thing.

I do know that our best interests is good for the country, but I am smart enough to know that the politicians don't care about us, especially the long term politicians. I know that politicians are bought and do what is best for their donors. I don't put my head in the sand and think that they are actually concerned for us. so with that in mind I look at what their platform is and wonder how they could accidentally have that work for us.

The possible situation of 99% of the people who talk politics with you are conservative has absolutely nothing to do with how many in the US actually are conservative or liberal. The thought that you might think your social sphere is reflective of the country as a whole is really kind of scary. Questioning assumptions is nearly always a good thing. Especially one's own assumptions.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

my 1% and 99% were financial not political. I thought it is funny that the states with a lot of the richest people were shut down by the states with the poorest people thanks to the EC, and that the left hates the rich they should really have liked the outcome of the election.

marks2065

so with that in mind I look at what their platform is and wonder how they could accidentally have that work for us.

Then I bet you're pissed off that Trump's campaign platform bears no relation to his plans for government.

Build the wall? Trump "may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device."

Lock her up? "That plays well before the election, now we don't care."

Drain the swamp? "I never liked that, didn't want to say it. It's so hokey. Then I said it and people went nuts. So I started saying it like I meant it."

marks2065

my 1% and 99% were financial not political. I thought it is funny that the states with a lot of the richest people were shut down by the states with the poorest people thanks to the EC, and that the left hates the rich they should really have liked the outcome of the election.

Then i guess it's not just your maths but your assumptions that are tragically out of whack.

>I thought it is funny that the states with a lot of the richest people were shut down
>by the states with the poorest people thanks to the EC, and that the left hates the
>rich they should really have liked the outcome of the election.

That's one way to look at it. Another way is that the least educated people in the US made Trump the president, and that people with average or greater than average education voted overwhelmingly for Clinton.

jakee

***so with that in mind I look at what their platform is and wonder how they could accidentally have that work for us.

Then I bet you're pissed off that Trump's campaign platform bears no relation to his plans for government.

Build the wall? Trump "may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device."

Drain the swamp? "I never liked that, didn't want to say it. It's so hokey. Then I said it and people went nuts. So I started saying it like I meant it."
Since he is not yet president I guess we will need to wait a little. Just like we had to with Obama. If he does not do what he says I will bash him just like I did Obama for 8 years and Bush for the last 2.

marks2065

***Build the wall? Trump "may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device."

Since he is not yet president I guess we will need to wait a little. Just like we had to with Obama. If he does not do what he says I will bash him just like I did Obama for 8 years and Bush for the last 2.

Why do you need to wait? He and his team have already said they're not going to do this stuff. Who do you think I was quoting up there?

Or maybe you think politicians are more likely to tell the truth on the campaign trail and more likely to lie after the election. Which would be a.... unique point of view!:D

(And you realise you just admitted that you started bashing Obama straight away without giving him a chance, even though you just said we should all give Trump a chance?)

billvon

>I thought it is funny that the states with a lot of the richest people were shut down
>by the states with the poorest people thanks to the EC, and that the left hates the

That's one way to look at it. Another way is that the least educated people in the US made Trump the president, and that people with average or greater than average education voted overwhelmingly for Clinton.

Education and intelligence are 2 different things. I see very little of the second coming from those that have gotten the first from our colleges. When I hire people a 4 year degree usually means you are unqualified to do the job. trade school and ambition will always go farther then a 4 year degree.

jakee

******Build the wall? Trump "may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device."

Why do you need to wait? He and his team have already said they're not going to do this stuff. Who do you think I was quoting up there?

Or maybe you think politicians are more likely to tell the truth on the campaign trail and more likely to lie after the election. Which would be a.... unique point of view!:D

(And you realise you just admitted that you started bashing Obama straight away without giving him a chance, even though you just said we should all give Trump a chance?)
No I bashed Obama after his actions.

marks2065

No I bashed Obama after his actions.

You just said you've been bashing him for 8 years. So what did Obama do before taking office that was worth bashing, if Trump blatantly stating that he was lying all the way through his campaign doesn't deserve a bash?

jakee

*** No I bashed Obama after his actions.

You just said you've been bashing him for 8 years. So what did Obama do before taking office that was worth bashing, if Trump blatantly stating that he was lying all the way through his campaign doesn't deserve a bash?

sorry I rounded up 7 years 10 months

marks2065

sorry I rounded up 7 years 10 months

So you gave him a whole month? I guess the classic 100 days would have been just a bit too magnanimous, yeah?

And you still haven't answered why you think a politician on the stump is more honest than a politician who knows the votes have already been counted?

Hi marks,

trade school and ambition will always go farther then a 4 year degree.

They may go farther down the road but they will make less money.

Those are simply the facts.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I come from a very working class family. My brother was a Teamster for over 30 yrs, I'm a Mech. Engr. I left him behind financially many, many years ago.

marks2065

Education and intelligence are 2 different things.

Yes. Yes, they are.

I see very little of the second coming from those that have gotten the first from our colleges. When I hire people a 4 year degree usually means you are unqualified to do the job. trade school and ambition will always go farther then a 4 year degree.

It really depends upon the particular qualifications required by the job.

I seriously doubt you want a doctor with less than a 4 year degree. I seriously doubt you want a professional writer who doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than."

For some things, it just doesn't matter. For other things, it matters quite a bit.
quade -

I'm not arguing the DNC lost or the reasons why.

I'm pointing out that Trump didn't win by the "landslide" he claims and a large number of his supporters believes.

I'm of the opinion facts do still matter.
quade -

marks2065

***>I thought it is funny that the states with a lot of the richest people were shut down

Education and intelligence are 2 different things. I see very little of the second coming from those that have gotten the first from our colleges. When I hire people a 4 year degree usually means you are unqualified to do the job. trade school and ambition will always go farther then a 4 year degree.

So why do you hire people with 4 year degrees when the people you want are auto mechanics?

Trump has announced he wants to upgrade the US nuclear arsenal. Maybe he'll fire the PhD engineers and physicists and use plumbers and carpenters instead.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******>I thought it is funny that the states with a lot of the richest people were shut down

So why do you hire people with 4 year degrees when the people you want are auto mechanics?

Trump has announced he wants to upgrade the US nuclear arsenal. Maybe he'll fire the PhD engineers and physicists and use plumbers and carpenters instead.
Believe it or not I have had 2 and 4 year degree people apply, they are dumb as a box of rocks.

JerryBaumchen

Hi marks,

trade school and ambition will always go farther then a 4 year degree.

They may go farther down the road but they will make less money.

Those are simply the facts.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I come from a very working class family. My brother was a Teamster for over 30 yrs, I'm a Mech. Engr. I left him behind financially many, many years ago.

yes but with the savings on school and the earlier entry into the work force helps make up for the loss later on. Also the drive of the individual will help make it up also. I was way up on earnings on my sister for about 10-12 years before she passed me then I moved up because of desire and passed her again. she has a masters and I have 6 months of trade school. people hold themselves back, not the level of their education. I make more money then over half of the 4 year degree people.