brenthutch

Please help save the snowflakes

brenthutch

******I gotta say, the right currently has, without a doubt, the highest number of "sore winners" in it I've ever seen.

I can not in my lifetime remember any winning team anywhere gloating more. None. Not in politics, not in sports, not even on an elementary schoolyard.

They should look up the term "pyrrhic victory".

I looked it up and here is the definition

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/14/obamas-legacy-democratic-losses-party-chaos/

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

So, how long do you believe Trump will remain President?

This is delicious to watch from a safe distance. Will he seek a second term? Will he somehow be forced out? And best of all, will there be a wonderful nomination fight starting about 2 years from now? The office of POTUS is going to ruin Trump one way or another.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

This is delicious to watch from a safe distance.

I doubt that Canada is a "safe distance". A 10% tariff on any goods entering the US won't be good, although the low exchange rate on the Canadian dollar will help offset this some. Increases in air and water pollution won't magically stop at the border. Abandoning the two-state solution to the Israel/Palestinian problem will certainly cause an increase in conflict and terrorism. Launching a new nuclear arms race will increase the odds that someone will miscalculate, and Canada is still in between the US and Russia. At least Trump won't be able to take away your health insurance.

The office of POTUS is going to ruin Trump one way or another.

The converse is probably true as well.

Don

GeorgiaDon

I doubt that Canada is a "safe distance". A 10% tariff on any goods entering the US won't be good, although the low exchange rate on the Canadian dollar will help offset this some. Increases in air and water pollution won't magically stop at the border. Abandoning the two-state solution to the Israel/Palestinian problem will certainly cause an increase in conflict and terrorism. Launching a new nuclear arms race will increase the odds that someone will miscalculate, and Canada is still in between the US and Russia. At least Trump won't be able to take away your health insurance.

The office of POTUS is going to ruin Trump one way or another.

The converse is probably true as well.

Don

So if i understand your post correctly. Because of 62,979,636 high school educated white voters. Who all want legacy jobs of the US post WW II industrial boom to return. The coal, rubber, steel, shipbuilding, furniture making,clothes making, etc. All paying $100k a year for a 40 hour workweek.

That ...that... the whole world has to pay for that small mistake. That because they were mislead, tricked and fooled by a smooth talking, easy lying NY,NY salesman. That Europeans might have to start converting wine cellars to nuclear bombshelters in the basements of their homes?

Oh Lord, please put 2016 behind us and let 2017 fly by like a Hawaii vacation.

Faicon9493

*********I gotta say, the right currently has, without a doubt, the highest number of "sore winners" in it I've ever seen.

I can not in my lifetime remember any winning team anywhere gloating more. None. Not in politics, not in sports, not even on an elementary schoolyard.

They should look up the term "pyrrhic victory".

I looked it up and here is the definition

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/14/obamas-legacy-democratic-losses-party-chaos/

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

In other words, the Obama presidency. The Dems win the "first black presidency" and loose the White House, House of Representatives , the Senate, double digit losses in governors mansions, 900+ losses in state legislatures. With ten Democratic senators up for reelection in red states in 2018, Republicans are looking at a filibuster proof senate, not to mention a Supreme Court packed with conservatives. It doesn't get more pyrrhic than that.

brenthutch

So, how long do you believe Trump will remain President?

When America spits, Canada swims.When Canada puts on a sweater, America freezes.

Don