normiss

North Carolina Republicans are insane

So apparently McCrory is having a hard time finding a job because for some reason people think he's a bigot. O the horror.
=====================
The former Republican governor says HB2 “has impacted me to this day, even after I left office. People are reluctant to hire me, because, ‘oh my gosh, he’s a bigot’ – which is the last thing I am.”

. . .The former governor said that he’s been considered for part-time university teaching positions – he wouldn’t say where – but that academic leaders “have shown reluctance because of student protests.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article138266443.html#storylink=cpy
=====================

Republican North Carolina judge resigns — and slams the GOP on the way out

NC GOP goons were in the middle of preventing the incoming Democrat governor from being able to appoint judges. A sitting GOP judge just threw them a curve ball. Kudos for him!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/republican-north-carolina-judge-resigns-and-slams-the-gop-on-the-way-out/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

There are plenty of them. But right now they don't get a lot of encouragement.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

There are plenty of them. But right now they don't get a lot of encouragement.

Wendy P.

I was encouraged to see McCain and Graham having supper at the WH the other day.

On the one hand two guys the almost always tell the truth vr.... well... its trump.

On the one hand about a million years of public service and on the other ... well its trump.

Two real men with bona fide character and well you know the rest.

>There are plenty of them. But right now they don't get a lot of encouragement.

Excellent point. Republicans won't support them because they are "traitors" - democrats won't support them because they are the enemy. Which is unfortunate. Politicians who buck the trend of their own party are the closest we get to centrist policymakers nowadays.