billvon

Russia swayed US election

rushmc

***Hey, look who is up next. Seems like other people in the world care about Russian interference a little more than right wing skydivers who who care more about internet arguments than the security of their country.

Hopefully, their voters are smarter than ours (oooh, passive agressive burn).

http://www.dw.com/en/germanys-domestic-intelligence-chief-accuses-russia-of-cyberwarfare/a-19256911

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/russian-cyber-attacks-could-influence-german-election-says-merkel

you are so confused

No one I know is saying Russia does not commit cyber warfare.

No one I know is saying the US does not either.

The effect is the topic in this thread.

Please try and keep up.

Do you think there is actionable proof? Should we enact sanctions against Russia? If the thread topic is too much to overcome I'll start a new thread.

Edit: Shit, you're probably going to split hairs on the definition of "proof" just so you don't have to back down and take the side of your own country.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******Hey, look who is up next. Seems like other people in the world care about Russian interference a little more than right wing skydivers who who care more about internet arguments than the security of their country.

Hopefully, their voters are smarter than ours (oooh, passive agressive burn).

http://www.dw.com/en/germanys-domestic-intelligence-chief-accuses-russia-of-cyberwarfare/a-19256911

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/russian-cyber-attacks-could-influence-german-election-says-merkel

you are so confused

No one I know is saying Russia does not commit cyber warfare.

No one I know is saying the US does not either.

The effect is the topic in this thread.

Please try and keep up.

Do you think there is actionable proof? Should we enact sanctions against Russia? If the thread topic is too much to overcome I'll start a new thread.

Well
According to Fox we already have enacted sanctions and threw some people out of the country.

As to whether we should? I can not answer that because I do not think we have even a little bit of the info needed to make that decision
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You should join the Facebook page "Vladimir Putin Fan Club". I'm on it, it's great material and I think you would find a lot of people there who agree with you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/vladimirputinfans/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I assumed it would be a comedy page but it's full of just the material that supports your point of view. Invite your comrades.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

You should join the Facebook page "Vladimir Putin Fan Club". I'm on it, it's great material and I think you would find a lot of people there who agree with you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/vladimirputinfans/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I assumed it would be a comedy page but it's full of just the material that supports your point of view. Invite your comrades.

I do not use facebook

But I see you got there so good for you comrade!
Abraham Lincoln

I will make this just short of a prediction but I wonder, if his actions against Russia will bite him in the ass before it is all over.....
Abraham Lincoln

This just in . . .

Joint DHS, ODNI, FBI Statement on Russian Malicious Cyber Activity
Release Date: December 29, 2016
For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

On October 7, 2016, Secretary Johnson and Director Clapper issued a joint statement that the intelligence community is confident the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from U.S. persons and institutions, including from U.S. political organizations, and that the disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks are consistent with the Russian-directed efforts. The statement also noted that the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia to influence public opinion there.

Today, DHS and FBI released a Joint Analysis Report (JAR) which further expands on that statement by providing details of the tools and infrastructure used by Russian intelligence services to compromise and exploit networks and infrastructure associated with the recent U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. government, political and private sector entities.

This activity by Russian intelligence services is part of a decade-long campaign of cyber-enabled operations directed at the U.S. Government and its citizens. These cyber operations have included spearphishing, campaigns targeting government organizations, critical infrastructure, think tanks, universities, political organizations, and corporations; theft of information from these organizations; and the recent public release of some of this stolen information. In other countries, Russian intelligence services have also undertaken damaging and disruptive cyber-attacks, including on critical infrastructure, in some cases masquerading as third parties or hiding behind false online personas designed to cause victim to misattribute the source of the attack. The Joint Analysis Report provides technical indicators related to many of these operations, recommended mitigations and information on how to report such incidents to the U.S. Government.

A great deal of analysis and forensic information related to Russian government activity has been published by a wide range of security companies. The U.S. Government can confirm that the Russian government, including Russia’s civilian and military intelligence services, conducted many of the activities generally described by a number of these security companies. The Joint Analysis Report recognizes the excellent work undertaken by security companies and private sector network owners and operators, and provides new indicators of compromise and malicious infrastructure identified during the course of investigations and incident response. The U.S. Government seeks to arm network defenders with the tools they need to identify,, detect and disrupt Russian malicious cyber activity that is targeting our country’s and our allies’ networks.

We encourage security companies and private sector owners and operators to look back within their network traffic for signs of the malicious activity described in the Joint Analysis Report. We also encourage such entities to utilize these indicators in their proactive defense efforts to block malicious cyber activity before it occurs. DHS has already added these indicators to its Automated Indicator Sharing service, which provides indicators of malicious cyber activity at machine speed. Entities that are participating in this service have already implemented these indicators for the network protection activities.

Entities that find signs of this malicious cyber activity should report it to the FBI through CyWatch or its local field offices or to DHS’s National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC).

# # #

Source:
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/12/29/joint-dhs-odni-fbi-statement-russian-malicious-cyber-activity
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The bit I really don't get in this thread: let's put aside for a minute the idea that any Russian action actually influenced the outcome of the election, for either candidate.

How can anyone not be completely fucking outraged that they even tried???

A foreign superpower is only going to meddle in an attempt to get a favourable outcome for them, not anyone else.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

DJL

Who? Obama or the non-partisan group of Senators and Congressmen who have an interest in our national security and elections?

Obama
Abraham Lincoln

mistercwood

The bit I really don't get in this thread: let's put aside for a minute the idea that any Russian action actually influenced the outcome of the election, for either candidate.

A foreign superpower is only going to meddle in an attempt to get a favourable outcome for them, not anyone else.

Obama sent people and money to Isreal to defeat Netenyaho. Did that piss you off?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***The bit I really don't get in this thread: let's put aside for a minute the idea that any Russian action actually influenced the outcome of the election, for either candidate.

Obama sent people and money to Isreal to defeat Netenyaho. Did that piss you off?

I'm not talking about America's repeated meddlings in other countries affair, which (as per my original statement) would be made in America's interests only.

I'm talking about how YOU as an American can be ok with another super-power interfering with YOUR country.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

mistercwood

******The bit I really don't get in this thread: let's put aside for a minute the idea that any Russian action actually influenced the outcome of the election, for either candidate.

I'm not talking about America's repeated meddlings in other countries affair, which (as per my original statement) would be made in America's interests only.

I'm talking about how YOU as an American can be ok with another super-power interfering with YOUR country.

If it happened I do not like it. That said ... it has been happening for decades.
Abraham Lincoln

He also sent cookies to rebels in Ukraine and these cookies helped them overthrow the government leading to war...

He also started multiple wars in Arabia, and services the destruction of millions of people's lives... subsequently causing the largest humanitarian crisis the modern world has seen. Essentially destroying European nations as well.

But he is the good guy with a pen.

quade

***If it happened I do not like it. That said ... it has been happening for decades.

Classic.

"If" followed by, "it has."

You got no proof...
Abraham Lincoln

Royreader8812

He also sent cookies to rebels in Ukraine and these cookies helped them overthrow the government leading to war...

He also started multiple wars in Arabia, and services the destruction of millions of people's lives... subsequently causing the largest humanitarian crisis the modern world has seen. Essentially destroying European nations as well.

Let not forget the 1484 us solders lost in Afghanistan. And to think less than 600 were lost under Bush's rules of engagement:(
Abraham Lincoln

"In a statement on the Kremlin website (in Russian), Mr Putin said: "We won't be expelling anyone.

"We won't be banning their families and children from the places where they usually spend the New Year holidays. Furthermore, I invite all children of American diplomats accredited in Russia to the New Year and Christmas Tree in the Kremlin."

He wished Barack Obama and his family a happy New Year, as well as Mr Trump and "the whole American people".
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38464612

trump has no hope of matching Putin in using obfuscation, tactics and lying. To manipulate affairs for the national interest. Putin is worth 200 billion, trump under four. Putin smart, trump NOT. trump is just a good liar.

In one move Putin has just played both President Obama, trump congress and the house.

http://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#3b5e6f9a790b
http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/vladimir-putin-could-be-worlds-richest-person-with-stolen-257b-fortune-investor-claims/news-story/6cbbf7e22072c7d66fdccfe13a7c2acd

rushmc

Let not forget the 1484 us solders lost in Afghanistan. And to think less than 600 were lost under Bush's rules of engagement:(

If you want to compare TOTAL body counts I think you'll find Bush comes of very very badly.

And if you want to count embassy deaths, I think you'll find Reagan and Bush both come off very badly in comparison.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.