billvon

Russia swayed US election

From Lindsey Graham:

"There are 100 United States senators. ... I would say that 99 percent of us believe that the Russians did this, and we’re going to do something about it. Along with Sen. McCain, after this trip is over, we’re going to have the hearings. We’re going to put sanctions together that hit Putin as an individual and his inner circle for interfering in our election.”

billvon

From Lindsey Graham:

"There are 100 United States senators. ... I would say that 99 percent of us believe that the Russians did this, and we’re going to do something about it. Along with Sen. McCain, after this trip is over, we’re going to have the hearings. We’re going to put sanctions together that hit Putin as an individual and his inner circle for interfering in our election.”

L Graham is an idiot. And he has been for decades.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The whole premise is laughable. The claim that Russia "swayed US election" by providing the US public with an inside look into the Hillary campaign by way of Podesta and DNC emails is just silly. No evidence has been provided to support this. All we have are claims by US Intelligence that have a long history of lying to the US public and politicians who have a vested interest in blaming Russia. Giving the US a more honest look at Hillary and her campaign is a good thing. She really needs to look in the mirror to find who to blame for her loss.

Podesta's emails being hacked was his own fault for being a dumb ass and having such an easy password to guess that any teenage hacker wannabe could guess it. A brute force attack would have it cracked in seconds. Blaming the Russians for that is just shifting blame to anyone but themselves.

Like I said this whole thing is just silly. It's just the Democrat's shifting blame and Russia is an easy target. They have been demonizing Russia for so long it just fits with their agenda.

His password was p@ssw0rd

How stupid can you be to use a variation of the word 'password' and then blame the Russians!!!

beowulf

The Republicans are a slimy as the Democrats and many of them supported Hillary.

Do you really trust politicians?

My question has nothing to do with trust, it's about the logic of the situation.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well logically the Republican party was torn apart by Trump. Many of them opposed Trump and still do. And many of them are more then happy to demonize and blame Russia.

Both parties have a lot in common but everyone focuses on the few differences.

I find it unlikely that Russia did the hacking. I think it's more likely an inside job for the DNC. Podesta's email was too easy and could have been done by anyone. Hillary was dumb ass for using her private email server which made it easy for competent hacker to hack.

All of this blaming Russia is more because they hate Russia for the fiasco in Ukraine and the absolute mess that was created in Syria.

beowulf

No evidence has been provided to support this..

Just because the US intelligence community chooses not to divulge its methods and technical capabilities to YOU, terrorists and hostile nations, doesn't mean no evidence exists.

They do provide evidence to the relevant committees of both Senate and House, members of which have security clearances.

Sometimes we just have to believe that even Republican congresspersons do their jobs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

*** No evidence has been provided to support this..

Just because the US intelligence community chooses not to divulge its methods and technical capabilities to YOU, terrorists and hostile nations, doesn't mean no evidence exists.

They do provide evidence to the relevant committees of both Senate and House, members of which have security clearances.

Sometimes we just have to believe that even Republican congresspersons do their jobs.

I don't think they have provided any evidence to anyone.

beowulf

****** No evidence has been provided to support this..

Just because you THINK that doesn't make it true.

kallend

********* No evidence has been provided to support this..

Just because you say so doesn't make it true.

Who do you blame for leaving the car keys in the car and it getting stolen?

Insurance companies blame the owner.

Hillary, DNC and Podesta all had very poor security for their emails. They only have themselves to blame.

It makes far more sense to me that they are blaming Russia because they are a convenient target and politically they hate them.

I think it's unlikely that Russia was behind it.

I think they would rather blame Russia then blame themselves or an insider ( which is pretty much the same thing ).

Even if Russia did it, it's still their own fault for not securing their email. Especially Hillary since she didn't follow standard security protocol.

>Who do you blame for leaving the car keys in the car and it getting stolen?

'Cept that's not what happened here.

If you had a car that was notoriously easy to steal, and you parked it at the DZ (which wasn't in the best part of town) and you locked it and it got stolen - imagine your insurance company saying "well, you were too stupid to buy a more secure car, and you weren't smart enough to park it in a safe place, so we're not paying." You'd probably have an issue with them.

>Hillary, DNC and Podesta all had very poor security for their emails. They only have
>themselves to blame.

So if you locked your car at the DZ, and someone stole it and all your gear - we should blame you?

Nice try but I think my analogy is much more accurate.

Podesta having his email password as p@ssw0rd is the internet version of leaving the keys in the car.

Hillary using a private server for government business is also similar and very stupid as she would be a very high profile target. Her losing her phone so many times is just plain stupid also. It's so stupid that it's pretty much a certainty that her server was hacked. If you are going to be that stupid then it is like leaving your keys in your car.

You can disagree if you want. I will just have to leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Hillary is a corrupt slimy piece of shit and deserved to lose. Unfortunately Trump isn't much better.

That's the best you've got? Lindsey Graham? Would that be the same Lindsey Graham who made the following statements?

"Everything I learned about Iranians I learned working in the pool room…I met a lot of liars, and I know the Iranians are lying." —May 22, 2015, speaking at a conference about his job in a pool hall as a young man

"If I'm president of the United States and you're thinking about joining Al Qaeda or ISIL, I'm not gonna call a judge. I'm gonna call a drone and we will kill you." —May 16, 2015, speaking at Iowa's Lincoln Dinner

"Al Qaeda, Al Nusra, Al Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula…Everything that starts with 'Al' in the Middle East is bad news" —May 3, 2015, while delivering the keynote speech at an American-Israel Public Affairs Coalition event

"If we don't help the King of Jordan, who is the last moderate voice in the Mideast, God help us all." —June 2014, speaking with Greta van Susteren on Fox News

"Putin basically came to the conclusion after Benghazi, Syria, Egypt—everything Obama has been engaged in—he's a weak indecisive leader." —March 2014 tweet

"I believe that if we get Syria wrong, within six months—and you can quote me on this, there will be a war between Iran and Israel over their nuclear program. My fear is that it won't come to America on top of a missile, it'll come in the belly of a ship in the Charleston or New York harbor." —September 5, 2013, at an event in South Carolina

"The last place in the world you want nuclear weapons is the Mideast. Why? People over there are crazy." —September 4, 2013, at an event in South Carolina

"Chemical weapons in Syria today means nuclear weapons in the US tomorrow." —September 3, 2013, at an event in South Carolina

"Instead of a surgical strike on [Iran's] nuclear infrastructure, I think we’re to the point now that you have to really neuter the regime’s ability to wage war against us and our allies…[We must] destroy the ability of the regime to strike back." —November 10, 2010

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/lindsey-graham-has-some-thoughts-middle-east-you

And you guys think a Trump foreign policy would be a disaster. :D
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

kallend

*** No evidence has been provided to support this..

That is what I thought about WMD in Iraq. What they divulged to the public was so weak, I KNEW, they were sitting on a smoking gun and where just protecting sources and methods. At it turned out I was wrong.

Apparently parts of the CIA are more interested in confirming whatever the boss wants to hear than in looking at possible alternatives. Kind of like business analysts. If the boss gets pissed when his or her world view is challenged, and rewards an organization (usually with power, it's even better than money for organizations) when they feed or at least validate this world view, then only the internally-strongest of organizations will continue to challenge the boss. Individuals might do so, but the organization won't.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

beowulf

************ No evidence has been provided to support this..

Just because you say so doesn't make it true.

I didn't claim anything other than that the US intelligence community knows stuff that they aren't willing to divulge to hostile parties with the necessary result that they don't divulge it to you either.

Just because YOU haven't been told what the evidence is doesn't mean that there is no evidence.

That's why the Congress has oversight committees. We have to hope that they do their job properly.