billvon

Russia swayed US election

>No, silly. Fake news is anything he disagrees with.

It's fun watching the right wing meltdown over this.

"CIA investigation revealed Putin worked to sway US election" - what BS! What, like the CIA knows what's going on? You Trump haters are all sore losers!

"Infowars claims that Clinton is running a child sex ring in the basement of a local pizza place" - WHAT? We need an investigation immediately! This is serious. She's going to jail this time!

billvon

Remember the past when the self-described "conservative right wing" actually had intellectuals who could hold a debate using reasoning, instead of childish name-calling?

I miss those days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F._Buckley_Jr.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

>No, silly. Fake news is anything he disagrees with.

"CIA investigation revealed Putin worked to sway US election" - what BS! What, like the CIA knows what's going on? You Trump haters are all sore losers!

"Infowars claims that Clinton is running a child sex ring in the basement of a local pizza place" - WHAT? We need an investigation immediately! This is serious. She's going to jail this time!

THE RIGHT MELTDOWN?

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

brenthutch

***>No, silly. Fake news is anything he disagrees with.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZsBrab9TYI

Somebody is melted down, but I don't think it is on the right.

:D

The cry babies denial on display!
:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Remember the past when the self-described "conservative right wing" actually had intellectuals who could hold a debate using reasoning, instead of childish name-calling?

That was back before intellectuals (i.e. those clueless ivory-tower elites) became the enemy of the right. Now it's the party of Trump, Sarah Palin, GW Bush and Joe the Plumber.

billvon

That was back before intellectuals (i.e. those clueless ivory-tower elites) became the enemy of the right. Now it's the party of Trump, Sarah Palin, GW Bush and Joe the Plumber.

you have to wonder why those sexist, racist, red neck, hateful wingers started name calling

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Both sides have been name calling each other since language was invented.

The hypocrisy is when one side says that they only name call because the other side did it first. Bullshit. Both sides act like children, and neither one started it.

- Dan G

billvon

And they beat the party of effete privilege checking urbanites, trannies, illegals, and participation trophy winners.

billvon

That's the difference between "right wing" and conservative. The right wing is going to spend the next 4 years defending their guy no matter what. All the while he will be violating all or at least most of what they claim are their principles. But he is their guy because he brings them power.

Conservatives on the other hand are quietly going about the business of reclaiming the R party and working to keep it from being ruined.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

DanG

The hypocrisy is when one side says that they only name call because the other side did it first. Bullshit. Both sides act like children, and neither one started it.

Twenty years ago it wasn't this bad. There are lots of right wing intellectuals. Some of them allowed the right to win control of the house and the senate in the US only a month ago.

trump has a very good nominee for defense in Mattis. Gary Cohn is no dummy either. Hopefully they can control trumps nutty ideas.

Back to Russia.
"Limbaugh: No one can prove Russia hacked election
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged a CIA report that concluded Russia interfered with the 2016 election to sway results in President-elect Donald Trump’s favor.

"Nobody can provide any evidence that the Russians hacked the election," he said on Wednesday, as reported by the Washington Examiner.

Details of the CIA’s secret assessment were first revealed in a Washington Post story last week. The FBI presented a more “fuzzy” and “ambiguous" judgment about the interference, the Post reported."
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/310526-limbaugh-no-one-can-prove-russia-hacked-election

In Limbaughs defense no one considers him a intellectual or smart in his views or opinions.

billvon

>And they beat the party of effete privilege checking urbanites, trannies, illegals, and participation
> trophy winners.

Thank you for proving my point.

And tree huggers, I forgot tree huggers.

Seriously though, why are you wasting so much bandwidth on this? Do you really think the Electoral College is going to elect HRC? Good luck with that.:S

brenthutch

Seriously though, why are you wasting so much bandwidth on this? Do you really think the Electoral College is going to elect HRC?

Because if it can happen once, it can happen again and with even worse consequences.

Regardless no matter what you believe about candidate A vs B, this issue should transcend that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

DanG

^ this

another hypocrisy is when one side simply states their labels are true, so it's not the same as the other guys who just need to admit they are less human than everyone else

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

quade

***Seriously though, why are you wasting so much bandwidth on this? Do you really think the Electoral College is going to elect HRC?

Because if it can happen once, it can happen again and with even worse consequences.

Regardless no matter what you believe about candidate A vs B, this issue should transcend that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Replace "gambling" with "disrupting"

brenthutch

******Seriously though, why are you wasting so much bandwidth on this? Do you really think the Electoral College is going to elect HRC?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Replace "gambling" with "disrupting"

OMG! What film is that? I've never seen it before. [:/]

No. I'm not, "Shocked! Shocked!" Russia would attempt to sway the election just as I'm not so naive as to believe the US hasn't attempted to do so in countless other elections around the world.

That said, even though the US has dropped two nuclear weapons on countries before, I think we should do everything in our power to ensure no nuclear weapons are ever dropped on us.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This is just more right wing poor winner stuff. The left gets it. The D's and no one else who matters are asking for a do over. We know Putin or his friends did not decide the election and that Americans did. It still needs looking into though.

Can't the National Review just accept the win and move on?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

My favorite,

"Democrats, moreover, conveniently forget that they’ve historically welcomed such mischief-making — such as when Jimmy Carter pleaded with Leonid Brezhnev for Soviet help in the futile effort to defeat Ronald Reagan in 1980 and when Ted Kennedy pleaded with Yuri Andropov for Soviet help in the futile effort to defeat Reagan in 1984."

I love this turnabout quote:
"Even if the Russians did want Trump to win, what difference, at this point, does it make?"

I see a pattern here.

"The Russians did not influence the election! There's no proof."

"OK so maybe the Russians had some influence on the election, but what difference does it make?"

Next up:

"OK so maybe the Russians had some influence on the election, and maybe it will make a difference - but the differences will all be good."

Where have I seen that pattern of denial before?

gowlerk

This is just more right wing poor winner stuff. The left gets it. The D's and no one else who matters are asking for a do over. We know Putin or his friends did not decide the election and that Americans did. It still needs looking into though.

Can't the National Review just accept the win and move on?

Bill Buckley is the founder the National Review and I used to read it regularly. He is one of the best authors and writers I've ever read.
This is a great book he wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Airborne-Sentimental-William-F-Buckley/dp/0316114391 and it was a thoroughly enjoyable read.

The National Review needs to get back to fundamental policies of conservative national interest.

Here is a good read which suggest that Bill Buckley personally started the downfall of US political discussion and the news coverage in the US.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/william-buckley-gore-vidal-debates-1968-121009?o=1