airdvr

SNL nails it

It is.

Now, what about all those middle-of-America places where "outsiders" aren't welcome, and they want to be able to have everyone be the same religion, or at least accept that all other religions are lesser? Isn't that really pretty much the same?

Or wanting to always be able to say whatever shit they want to, to whomever, without consequences? Like "grab her tits" or "hey baby" or "nigger" or "towelhead"? Because, after all, everyone knows who has the power to do that with impunity?

People aren't really that different from each other under their (assumed to be superior) political beliefs. Calling someone stupid is calling them stupid, whether it's a liberal or a conservative. Pointing out errors in their thought process is discussion. Pointing out their essential inferiority because of (whatever) isn't.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No it isn't the same. There are areas of the country who've already been able to get as close to the Bubble as possible. Spend some time in Silicon Valley. I've been saying for 3 years that this place wasn't a part of the United States, and not because of the population being mostly from India or the Far East. They've been able to cut themselves off from the rest of the country simply by maintaining an economic wall that prevents most people from being able to afford to live there.

Take a look at this sweet 1,350 sq ft. ranch home for a mere $1,680,000.00. https://click.mail.zillow.com/f/a/TUeYd1Yi-fv4U0FUpi_T0w~~/AAAAAQA~/RgRaFcFyP0EIAGwW5hfzdtJXBnppbGxvd1gEAAAAAEgPc2VuZHRvZnJpZW5kaGRwQgoAAXI8M1i3GcxvUhRzLnNjaG5hYmVsQHlhaG9vLmNvbQlRBAAAAABFFGVtby1zZW5kdG9mcmllbmQtaGRwRLhodHRwOi8vd3d3LnppbGxvdy5jb20vaG9tZWRldGFpbHMvMTk1MzM1NDRfenBpZC8_dXRtX3NvdXJjZT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fbWVkaXVtPWVtYWlsJnV0bV9jYW1wYWlnbj1lbW8tc2VuZHRvZnJpZW5kLWhkcCZydG9rZW49Zjg4OGQ1NjUtZWM1OS00NmZiLWFhMjktYTYyZDE4NThmZDIxflgxLVpVeWNwbGdwdnBnb2kxXzR2bDJxR1N7ImlkIjoiMTAyMDUzOTIxNyIsInZlcnNpb24iOiIyIiwic2VudF90aW1lIjoiMTQ3OTc1MjgxOCIsImhvc3QiOiJseW4tZGVsLXplbC0wMDEifQ~~

BTW...there is no housing crisis there...unless you'd like to live there. I've only been able to glimpse at this area due to my step daughter being an orthopedic surgeon and her husband's Masters in code monkeyism.

It's truly shocking to see. If you aren't tooling around in a Tesla, Audi, Mercedes, or Volvo you will probably be mistaken for some of the help that migrates daily because they can't afford to live nearby. I've traveled to foreign countries and felt more welcome.

This is waaaaay different than some of the flyover states you're referencing.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I'm interested. Both of you mention places where you might not help to define the standard of behavior. Why is that a problem? is a place you don't feel a part of not acceptable?

There are lots of places where I don't get to help define or even judge the standard of behavior, but as a woman, I'm used to it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't see it as having a problem when I don't help define the standard. I can however, observe the standard and comment on how far out of the realm it is versus the rest of the country. And, I suppose I have a problem with what I see as a blatant attempt to disenfranchise the middle class (not to mention a colossal gathering of over priveleged douchebags).

SNL pokes fun at the very real desires of many to not be forced to live in a country governed by those with whom they don't agree. I've experienced their Utopian society. It's closer to reality than many are aware.

While I understand you've been many places where you don't get to help define the standards I doubt you've been anywhere that you felt you weren't able to judge.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne