Transmitter

Food for thoughts

Given all the protesting being done in the US by college students etc, I'd have to say that it's not necessarily limited to the right. On the other hand, I've been noticing all the "end justifies the means" stuff for awhile. All the fake news, saying shit just to see what people will go for; it's part of constructing a narrative to support positions, rather than trying to get to the truth.

Interesting article.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bill Maher made some of the same points last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUd4xf7Dcko

ETA I went looking for examples of what Maher said about Weiner and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjif02ZLmI

About halfway through it gets really good!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

More of the left-leaning that I know and/or read think that sort of approach is a sign of failure, not positive strength.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

That is actually one of the things I don't understand of all this. It was obvious from the beginning that he was either a liar or a con artist. But neither of these qualify to be leader of a country, how can someone not see this?
How can you not understand that Trump represents everything Hillary haters have been saying about her, for example they say that Hillary is bought by corporations and the industry. Trump IS the corporation, he is the embodiment of all the things Hillary was accused of. And yet people voted for him, I don't understand how people can not see this. Its so freaking obvious....

Maybe I am too young or my view on the world and humanity is too simplistic in general, but I am really not sure anymore if democracy is the right means to achieve long lasting peace and prosperity in the world after 2016.

Transmitter

That is actually one of the things I don't understand of all this. It was obvious from the beginning that he was either a liar or a con artist. But neither of these qualify to be leader of a country, how can someone not see this?
How can you not understand that Trump represents everything Hillary haters have been saying about her, for example they say that Hillary is bought by corporations and the industry. Trump IS the corporation, he is the embodiment of all the things Hillary was accused of. And yet people voted for him, I don't understand how people can not see this. Its so freaking obvious....

Maybe I am too young or my view on the world and humanity is too simplistic in general, but I am really not sure anymore if democracy is the right means to achieve long lasting peace and prosperity in the world after 2016.

I think there will be an awakening. Hopefully, it will come before too much damage is done.