brenthutch

Trump cabinet

gowlerk

I do not know the future.

Yet you post as though you do.

No, you just fail to read and understand what I post. You are reactionary and post in anger without taking the time to completely digest what has been said. It is one of your hallmarks.

LOL

Now we fall back to emotional claims!:D:D

Projection on your part sir.

you do not have the power to make me angry:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Here comes Wall Street

I find this interesting given how the republicans attacked the democrats for the same thing.
Well, like everything honestly.

Pushing out moderates

Good deal!

And, attacked who for what?
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

Pushing out moderates

Good deal!

Yea, cuz who can stand moderation? Especially when you can have extremism!

Agreed
But extremism was voted out this year so not to worry.
Abraham Lincoln

You do know he was against the Iraq war, correct?

Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Don

You make this too easy

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/27/2003-clip-backs-up-trump-on-iraq-war-opposition.html
Abraham Lincoln

mirage62

Damn listen to you "Your a fool" your hatred of Trump is really showing.

And I tried so hard to hide it!:D

What could be wrong with America and Russia having a better relationship?

Who said anything about a better relationship?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

No, because he wasn't. Well, not until well into the insurgency quagmire phase of the war, by which time anyone who wasn't as brainwashed as you was against it too.

But no-one gets points for hindsight.

rushmc

Don

You make this too easy

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/27/2003-clip-backs-up-trump-on-iraq-war-opposition.html

"Whatever happened to the days of Douglas MacArthur? You know, he'd just go and attack! So like, either do it or don't do it."

Yeah, god-damn Rush, that's some mighty powerful opposition right there!:D

Alright, let's give Trump a little credit on this one. Try as hard as they could, his opponents could only come up with a very lukewarm sounding "I guess so" quote of him replying to Howard Stern when asked at the time. And Stern pushed him pretty hard. This was at a time when the war had started and Americans needed to rally around the troops.

As much as I dislike Trump, there is very little evidence that he supported the Bush invasion of Iraq.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

This was at a time when the war had started and Americans needed to rally around the troops.

Oh, fuck no. Just because some leaders are saying a country needs to go to war doesn't mean people should fall into line and "rally around the troops." Hey, I'm ALL FOR THE TROOPS, but fuck the idea of marching off to an unprovoked war with a country just because somebody thinks it's a good idea and especially when a lot of those people wanted to go to war BEFORE 9/11.

Afghanistan to get Osama bin Laden? Sure, let's go get that fucker. No question.

Iraq? Eh, hold on, tell me again why we're doing this if Osama bin Ladin is in Afghanistan?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

rushmc

I know that Chamberlain brain fucked your country with Hitler but lighten up man.

The west will have a better relationship with Russia when Russian policy stops being expansionist. Until then it will remain very tense, Trump or not Trump.

Remember, Trump wants to be a "Great President" all the greatest ones presided over wars.

Yes, but that came after he was for it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The lunacy continues:
By concealing that he is a Muslim, Obama “engaged in the most consequential bait-and-switch since Adolf Hitler duped Neville Chamberlain,” Trump transition team adviser Frank Gaffney said in 2009.

Here comes the "creeping Sharia" he warned us about. FFS.

This is going to be an entertaining 4 years.
Embarrassing, painful, fewer jobs, lower wages, more inflation, but entertaining.

normiss

This is going to be an entertaining 4 years.
Embarrassing, painful, fewer jobs, lower wages, more inflation, but entertaining.

For anyone who has ever questioned the concept of "white privilege" please take a look at the above.

I'm not going to bash Normiss about this, but while it might be "entertaining" to a lot of people, it's absolutely terrifying to a lot of minorities. I can't even imagine how bad it must be right now, which is my own white privilege.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Entirely correct and accurate.
I'm painfully aware of my white privilege as well.
Been seriously threatened in public for calling it a few times as well - at least the minorities around me in those cases got a giggle though.
I'm not hesitant to say somewhat loudly "fucking white people" when they show it in public.
Bash away.

Local news today reported that transgendered folks are increasingly headed to court in a desire to change their sexual identification to something less risky.
I had a man I've never met loudly tell me a very offensive nigger joke in a bar with a mixed crowd yesterday. That was a first.
The racists have been validated and empowered.

My wording was entirely aimed at Trump and his idiocy in that HE would be entertaining to laugh at. He's a complete buffoon.

gowlerk

This was at a time when the war had started and Americans needed to rally around the troops.

To echo Quade, fuck no! The best way to support the troops is absolutely, 100% NOT to throw your support behind a pointless war justified by lies that those troops are being sent of to be killed and maimed in. The best way to support the troops is to continue to oppose the conflict, if you do in fact oppose it.

As much as I dislike Trump, there is very little evidence that he supported the Bush invasion of Iraq.

There is more evidence that he supported it than there is that he opposed it.

Moreover -Trump claimed that he vociferously opposed it. He claimed there were scores of interviews that we could watch where he stated his opposition to the Iraq war and tried to convince Bush et al that the war was a bad idea. Where are those interviews? Have any of them been found yet? Is there any evidence that he did what he claimed to have done?

No, there isn't - there's just one more example of Trump being a pathological liar and self-aggrandiser.

I'm going to have to disagree on both points. When any country enters a war it's citizens feel a need to be on board. At least when the battle is actually being fought. The only evidence I've seen of Trump supporting that invasion is the Howard Stern clip. And it was tepid grudging support. As far as I know that is the only indication he supported the war. Unlike most everyone else in America. Including Clinton, who voted for it.

At home in Canada most of us knew it was an error, and history did not take very long to show we were correct. But most of America, and many in Britain, were good and ready for just about any war. As long as it was against a Muslim country. Because 9/11.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I'm going to have to disagree on both points.

That's because, to be blunt, you are wrong on the timeline and wrong on the facts.

Trump was on the Howard Stern show before the war started and before the decision to invade had been made. So he had no obligation (if there even is one) to 'support the troops'. He would, again, have supported them better by saying he opposed the war, but frankly that's irrelevant.

Trump's first statements opposing the war came during the first year of the occupation - according to you at pretty much exactly the time he should have buried any personal feeling in favour of 'supporting the troops - and came from self interest in terms of wanting market stability.

So according to your own standards Trump got it completely wrong.

The only evidence I've seen of Trump supporting that invasion is the Howard Stern clip. And it was tepid grudging support. As far as I know that is the only indication he supported the war.

And what evidence is there that he opposed it before it happened? The only reason it is being talked about is because of his own insistence that he “fought very, very hard against us going into Iraq” and that there were “25 different stories” about it that he could show us.

So where are they? How did he fight? He didn't, is the answer. It's just another brazen lie.

>The only evidence I've seen of Trump supporting that invasion is the Howard Stern
>clip. And it was tepid grudging support. As far as I know that is the only indication
>he supported the war.

"it looks like a tremendous success from a military standpoint and I think this is really nothing compared to what you're gonna see after the war is over." - Trump, 2003.

gowlerk

I'm going to have to disagree on both points. When any country enters a war it's citizens feel a need to be on board. At least when the battle is actually being fought. The only evidence I've seen of Trump supporting that invasion is the Howard Stern clip. And it was tepid grudging support. As far as I know that is the only indication he supported the war. Unlike most everyone else in America. Including Clinton, who voted for it.

At home in Canada most of us knew it was an error, and history did not take very long to show we were correct. But most of America, and many in Britain, were good and ready for just about any war. As long as it was against a Muslim country. Because 9/11.

Just want to correct one thing. There were not 'many in Britain' that were looking for war or who supported it.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

gowlerk

eed to be on board. At least when the battle is actually being fought. The only evidence I've seen of Trump supporting that invasion is the Howard Stern clip. And it was tepid grudging support. As far as I know that is the only indication he supported the war. Unlike most everyone else in America. Including Clinton, who voted for it.

Ambiguous statement. Did "most everyone else in America" support the war like Clinton, or give "tepid grudging support" like you claim Trump did?

A quick search through the archives here shows a LOT of American posters opposing the war right from the get-go.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

CanuckInUSA

now, trump has hired an anti-Semite as his top advisor.

Right ...

Steve Bannon comes from Breitbart News, founded by the late Andrew Breitbart (a man of Jewish faith) and Andrew Breitbart started his website with his partner Larry Solov (another Jew). Mr Bannon worked at Breitbart along with senior editor Joe Pollack (a Jew). Then there is Ben Shapiro (yet another Jew) who worked at Breitbart with Mr Bannon. Wait, it's not over. Here we have one of the writers at Breitbart, Adelle Nazarian (yet another person of the Jewish faith) who worked with Mr Bannon. Hmmm not only is Ms Nazarian Jewish, but she's Persian and oh look at that, she's a woman. Etc, etc, etc.

You may hate everyone of these people I just mention, but the fact remains, they are all Jewish. Funny how a anti-semite, misogynistic white supremace doesn't seem to have a problem working day in and day out closely with Jewish men and women, but you an expert on the topic want to tell everyone that Mr Bannon hates Jews. You would think that if Mr Bannon hated Jews, that he wouldn't be working with them closely day in and day out. You sure you want to play this narrative? It's not working out very well for you.

You guys make this too easy.

You hate liberals. How many have you worked for in the past? Did you turn down employment over it? Does that mean you hate liberals less?

Your argument makes absolutely no sense.